WVU Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby ggibelli » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:56 pm

wvuchip wrote:
2LT_CPG wrote:I applied a month ago with only two LORs because I never expected to need three. So I scrambled and was able to get a third, which got to them the other day and now I'm in review. I have to say, three LORs is excessive. I bet a lot of people just don't apply because of that.

I've talked with their admissions dean and she begs to reduce it to 2, but the faculty refuses to budge on 3. I agree that it sucks, my 3rd one I got was almost totally irrelevant.


hey chip did you receive your admit letter yet in the mail? btw im surprised your not out day drinking right now with this beautiful weather!

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby wvu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:24 pm

ggibelli wrote:
wvuchip wrote:
2LT_CPG wrote:I applied a month ago with only two LORs because I never expected to need three. So I scrambled and was able to get a third, which got to them the other day and now I'm in review. I have to say, three LORs is excessive. I bet a lot of people just don't apply because of that.

I've talked with their admissions dean and she begs to reduce it to 2, but the faculty refuses to budge on 3. I agree that it sucks, my 3rd one I got was almost totally irrelevant.


hey chip did you receive your admit letter yet in the mail? btw im surprised your not out day drinking right now with this beautiful weather!

Lol, my mail lady runs at like 3 in the afternoon so I have to check when I get home. Also, I have a class necessary for me to graduate on Wednesdays or I'd be doing that. :lol:

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby wvu » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:12 pm

Finally got the letter today, only 8k/year which is half of in-state tuition for me. It was going to take a full scholarship for me to even consider, so I guess it's so long Morgantown

User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby ggibelli » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:20 am

wvuchip wrote:Finally got the letter today, only 8k/year which is half of in-state tuition for me. It was going to take a full scholarship for me to even consider, so I guess it's so long Morgantown


damn they did you dirty. this definitely doesn't make me feel confident about my chances for a large scholarship :( anybody know have an idea how WVU is about negotiating scholarships?

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby wvu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:05 pm

6k/year, actually, now that I take a second look at it.

So... yeah. Good luck everyone else. :lol:

User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby ggibelli » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:51 pm

In with 10k a year. out of state though so i really cant be happy about it. gonna try and negotiate for sure

User avatar
89vision
Posts: 431
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby 89vision » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm

About how long have people stayed in review until they received a decision?

northerniowan
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby northerniowan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:11 am

ggibelli wrote:In with 10k a year. out of state though so i really cant be happy about it. gonna try and negotiate for sure


I'm in the same boat as you. How are you going to try and negotiate?

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby YankeeFan2 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:16 pm

I got no $. :( Above 75% for GPA and LSAT.......not sure what happened there. Think I am going to withdraw my acceptance at this point.

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby YankeeFan2 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:49 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:I got no $. :( Above 75% for GPA and LSAT.......not sure what happened there. Think I am going to withdraw my acceptance at this point.


Well that was a fake out! The scholarship offer came in a 2nd envelope a few days later. $15K/year with 3.0 stip. Essentially waives OOS tuition. Maybe now a consideration.

User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby ggibelli » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:54 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
YankeeFan2 wrote:I got no $. :( Above 75% for GPA and LSAT.......not sure what happened there. Think I am going to withdraw my acceptance at this point.


Well that was a fake out! The scholarship offer came in a 2nd envelope a few days later. $15K/year with 3.0 stip. Essentially waives OOS tuition. Maybe now a consideration.


very nice! just a side note for those still waiting - my scholly info came with the acceptance. so either is a possibility!

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby YankeeFan2 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

ggibelli wrote:
YankeeFan2 wrote:
YankeeFan2 wrote:I got no $. :( Above 75% for GPA and LSAT.......not sure what happened there. Think I am going to withdraw my acceptance at this point.


Well that was a fake out! The scholarship offer came in a 2nd envelope a few days later. $15K/year with 3.0 stip. Essentially waives OOS tuition. Maybe now a consideration.


very nice! just a side note for those still waiting - my scholly info came with the acceptance. so either is a possibility!


ggibelli--I read that yours came with your acceptance, so that is what I was expecting. :)

User avatar
wvu
Posts: 1565
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby wvu » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:47 am

Withdrew. Bye Morgantown.

User avatar
ggibelli
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:12 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby ggibelli » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:12 pm

wvuchip wrote:Withdrew. Bye Morgantown.


sad to see. i'm actually headed to morgantown this weekend. with the release of the Big 12 football schedule for next year, WVU Law is looking even more enticing!

User avatar
cpinker3
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby cpinker3 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:23 am

Some one earlier asked this but did not get a reply and I am wondering also, how long did it take everyone to go from in review until a decision?

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby YankeeFan2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:31 am

cpinker3 wrote:Some one earlier asked this but did not get a reply and I am wondering also, how long did it take everyone to go from in review until a decision?


My application went complete about a week after I sent it and then into review about another week. Then it was in review for about 6 weeks. But maybe now since the cycle is coming to an end that decisions will come a bit more quickly as they won't be waiting to see what other apps they get.

wightjm
Posts: 76
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby wightjm » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 pm

Accepted via status checker today, 2/17

User avatar
alwayslovely
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

Re: WVU Law

Postby alwayslovely » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:03 pm

It's been a little over a week since I've been admitted via status checker. But I've haven't receieved anything. No letter, no email. What gives?

User avatar
YankeeFan2
Posts: 284
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby YankeeFan2 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:26 pm

alwayslovely wrote:It's been a little over a week since I've been admitted via status checker. But I've haven't receieved anything. No letter, no email. What gives?



Mine was that way too. Then I got a letter and a few days later the scholarship information.

User avatar
alwayslovely
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

Re: WVU Law

Postby alwayslovely » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:05 am

YankeeFan2 wrote:
alwayslovely wrote:It's been a little over a week since I've been admitted via status checker. But I've haven't receieved anything. No letter, no email. What gives?



Mine was that way too. Then I got a letter and a few days later the scholarship information.


Thanks! I guess I'll just have to endure the wait...
Last edited by alwayslovely on Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lowridrOX
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby lowridrOX » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:14 pm

My acceptance came via status checker on 2/9 with an update that said an acceptance letter was mailed that day. It then updated to show a scholarship award letter mailed on 2/14, so I've basically been stalking my mail man for the last four days even though I know it's not coming until at least Monday.

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby sunynp » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:35 pm

lowridrOX wrote:My acceptance came via status checker on 2/9 with an update that said an acceptance letter was mailed that day. It then updated to show a scholarship award letter mailed on 2/14, so I've basically been stalking my mail man for the last four days even though I know it's not coming until at least Monday.

Sorry to tell you but Monday is a postal holiday for President's Day. Go have fun until Tuesday - you have a whole 3 day weekend!

User avatar
burndtscorcho
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby burndtscorcho » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

lowridrOX wrote:My acceptance came via status checker on 2/9 with an update that said an acceptance letter was mailed that day. It then updated to show a scholarship award letter mailed on 2/14, so I've basically been stalking my mail man for the last four days even though I know it's not coming until at least Monday.


Same boat here... hopefully we'll see something soon.

northerniowan
Posts: 140
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby northerniowan » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:23 am

Hey what does the law school building at WVU look like? Is it newer or older, does it have newer technology in place, is it close to the other buildings on campus? Like what is the setting of the law school building and how it compares to the rest of campus?

User avatar
cpinker3
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: WVU Law

Postby cpinker3 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Admitted Via Status Checker! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brinicolec, Kaziende, ls2016!, zeglo and 17 guests