WVU Law Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
climbporsche

New

Re: WVU Law

Post by climbporsche » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:51 am

From my understanding, accepting a scholarship does not bind you to attending WVU.

ACGator2012

New

Post by ACGator2012 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:40 pm

Just to answer a few questions. You can call or email financial aid and they can give you scholarship information. Secondly, accepting the scholarship is not the same as enrolling in the college. Finally, due to the holiday/break the 15 day deadline is a soft one, and if you contact admissions even after the deadline you can still keep your award.

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 pm

I emailed Admissions with the Supplemental Application and a few other questions a few days ago, but they haven't gotten back to me. Are they supposed to send me a confirmation or anything?

ironrenegade21

New

Post by ironrenegade21 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 pm

rishabhagny wrote:I emailed Admissions with the Supplemental Application and a few other questions a few days ago, but they haven't gotten back to me. Are they supposed to send me a confirmation or anything?
I received an email confirmation but only because mine didn't go through the first time. I sent it on a mac and had to re-send it.

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:36 pm

ironrenegade21 wrote:
rishabhagny wrote:I emailed Admissions with the Supplemental Application and a few other questions a few days ago, but they haven't gotten back to me. Are they supposed to send me a confirmation or anything?
I received an email confirmation but only because mine didn't go through the first time. I sent it on a mac and had to re-send it.
Odd, I had the same problem (.pdf not saving properly on my Mac), but I still haven't received a confirmation email after re-sending it. What address did you send it to?

* I emailed my Supplemental Application, and a few questions, to wvulaw.admissions@mail.wvu.edu. I also sent the same email to Dreama DeVincent, the woman that sent out acceptance emails and the checklist. Did you do the same?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ironrenegade21

New

Post by ironrenegade21 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 pm

rishabhagny wrote:
ironrenegade21 wrote:
Odd, I had the same problem (.pdf not saving properly on my Mac), but I still haven't received a confirmation email after re-sending it. What address did you send it to?

* I emailed my Supplemental Application, and a few questions, to wvulaw.admissions@mail.wvu.edu. I also sent the same email to Dreama DeVincent, the woman that sent out acceptance emails and the checklist. Did you do the same?
i emailed the same address as you did and was contacted saying mine didn't come through properly and when i sent it back from a pc i just received an email saying that it went through. you can always call admissions every time I've talked to someone they've been very friendly and helpful.

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 pm

ironrenegade21 wrote:
rishabhagny wrote:
ironrenegade21 wrote:

i emailed the same address as you did and was contacted saying mine didn't come through properly and when i sent it back from a pc i just received an email saying that it went through. you can always call admissions every time I've talked to someone they've been very friendly and helpful.
Hmm.. I didn't receive a confirmation email. I guess I'll try and give them a call - thanks!

By the way, are you an undergrad at WVU?

northerniowan

Bronze

Post by northerniowan » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 pm

My status just changed to 1/10/2012. Still in review though, no decision.

YankeeFan2

Bronze

Post by YankeeFan2 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:54 pm

My status checker changed the date back to 1/3/12 and "In Review." But now under the fee section it lists: Seat Deposit and Orientation Fee. So does that mean an acceptance? Any thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm

I believe that does mean acceptance!

I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem, but I had been attempting to get a hold of someone at WVU Admissions for the last couple of days and nobody seems to be answering their phones..

northerniowan

Bronze

Post by northerniowan » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:04 pm

Finally accepted after waiting a coon's age.

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm

northerniowan wrote:Finally accepted after waiting a coon's age.
How apropos.

Congrats. ;)

ggibelli

Bronze

Post by ggibelli » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 am

wvu sure loves taking their time :? if anyone has any questions about morgantown feel free to ask. i graduated from wvu undergrad last spring

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ggibelli

Bronze

Post by ggibelli » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm

well i guess they saw my post yesterday. admitted as of today!

kdl13

New

Post by kdl13 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 pm

Where are the best places to live that are close to the WVU law buildings?
Weird to think I could be coming from Missouri yet still could be watching Big 12 sports...

ggibelli

Bronze

Post by ggibelli » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm

kdl13 wrote:Where are the best places to live that are close to the WVU law buildings?
Weird to think I could be coming from Missouri yet still could be watching Big 12 sports...
Proximity wise the closest apartment buildings are Chateu and Copperfield. Those are within walking distance (somewhat a hike though) and you will have to trek the "law school hill". There are houses you can find within the law school area but I'm not sure of the realtors.

YankeeFan2

Bronze

Post by YankeeFan2 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:12 pm

In via status checker this morning!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Apparently I was accepted like 4 days ago. I've sort of stopped checking status checkers apparently. :lol:

Anyway, there'll have to be a lot of money involved for me to choose my alma mater, as much as I love it.

kdl13

New

Post by kdl13 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:43 pm

Would they already have sent out scholarship info with the acceptance letter?

WB7

New

Post by WB7 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 am

FWIW I received my scholly info in the same envelope as my acceptance letter. I believe this is par for the course.

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 pm

My mailings section lists both an admit letter and a scholarship letter, mailed on different days.

You would have thought I'd have gotten them by now, living half a mile away and all...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WB7

New

Post by WB7 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Mine are also listed separately in the mailings section; however, I received them in the same envelope (13 days after the mailings section said they were sent). I don't know that it is the same for everyone.

2LT_CPG

Bronze

Post by 2LT_CPG » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:56 pm

I applied a month ago with only two LORs because I never expected to need three. So I scrambled and was able to get a third, which got to them the other day and now I'm in review. I have to say, three LORs is excessive. I bet a lot of people just don't apply because of that.

ggibelli

Bronze

Post by ggibelli » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 pm

WB7 wrote:Mine are also listed separately in the mailings section; however, I received them in the same envelope (13 days after the mailings section said they were sent). I don't know that it is the same for everyone.
Yeah mine says mailed 1/25 and I still haven't gotten anything :/

I'm really hoping for some big/fullride scholarship money to make WVU a real option. 161/3.23 but no mailing section of scholarship letter, hence why this wait for the admit letter is killing me

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 pm

2LT_CPG wrote:I applied a month ago with only two LORs because I never expected to need three. So I scrambled and was able to get a third, which got to them the other day and now I'm in review. I have to say, three LORs is excessive. I bet a lot of people just don't apply because of that.
I've talked with their admissions dean and she begs to reduce it to 2, but the faculty refuses to budge on 3. I agree that it sucks, my 3rd one I got was almost totally irrelevant.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”