Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     Forum Archives     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: WVU Law
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:51 am 

From my understanding, accepting a scholarship does not bind you to attending WVU.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:40 pm 

Just to answer a few questions. You can call or email financial aid and they can give you scholarship information. Secondly, accepting the scholarship is not the same as enrolling in the college. Finally, due to the holiday/break the 15 day deadline is a soft one, and if you contact admissions even after the deadline you can still keep your award.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:33 pm 

I emailed Admissions with the Supplemental Application and a few other questions a few days ago, but they haven't gotten back to me. Are they supposed to send me a confirmation or anything?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:51 pm 

rishabhagny wrote:
I emailed Admissions with the Supplemental Application and a few other questions a few days ago, but they haven't gotten back to me. Are they supposed to send me a confirmation or anything?

I received an email confirmation but only because mine didn't go through the first time. I sent it on a mac and had to re-send it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:36 pm 

ironrenegade21 wrote:
rishabhagny wrote:

I received an email confirmation but only because mine didn't go through the first time. I sent it on a mac and had to re-send it.

Odd, I had the same problem (.pdf not saving properly on my Mac), but I still haven't received a confirmation email after re-sending it. What address did you send it to?

* I emailed my Supplemental Application, and a few questions, to wvulaw.admissions@mail.wvu.edu. I also sent the same email to Dreama DeVincent, the woman that sent out acceptance emails and the checklist. Did you do the same?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:57 pm 

rishabhagny wrote:
ironrenegade21 wrote:
rishabhagny wrote:

Odd, I had the same problem (.pdf not saving properly on my Mac), but I still haven't received a confirmation email after re-sending it. What address did you send it to?

* I emailed my Supplemental Application, and a few questions, to wvulaw.admissions@mail.wvu.edu. I also sent the same email to Dreama DeVincent, the woman that sent out acceptance emails and the checklist. Did you do the same?

i emailed the same address as you did and was contacted saying mine didn't come through properly and when i sent it back from a pc i just received an email saying that it went through. you can always call admissions every time I've talked to someone they've been very friendly and helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:59 pm 

ironrenegade21 wrote:
rishabhagny wrote:
ironrenegade21 wrote:
rishabhagny wrote:

i emailed the same address as you did and was contacted saying mine didn't come through properly and when i sent it back from a pc i just received an email saying that it went through. you can always call admissions every time I've talked to someone they've been very friendly and helpful.

Hmm.. I didn't receive a confirmation email. I guess I'll try and give them a call - thanks!

By the way, are you an undergrad at WVU?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 pm 

My status just changed to 1/10/2012. Still in review though, no decision.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:54 pm 

My status checker changed the date back to 1/3/12 and "In Review." But now under the fee section it lists: Seat Deposit and Orientation Fee. So does that mean an acceptance? Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm 

I believe that does mean acceptance!

I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem, but I had been attempting to get a hold of someone at WVU Admissions for the last couple of days and nobody seems to be answering their phones..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:04 pm 

Finally accepted after waiting a coon's age.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm 

northerniowan wrote:
Finally accepted after waiting a coon's age.

How apropos.

Congrats. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:09 am 

wvu sure loves taking their time :? if anyone has any questions about morgantown feel free to ask. i graduated from wvu undergrad last spring

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm 

well i guess they saw my post yesterday. admitted as of today!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:24 pm 

Where are the best places to live that are close to the WVU law buildings?
Weird to think I could be coming from Missouri yet still could be watching Big 12 sports...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:28 pm 

kdl13 wrote:
Where are the best places to live that are close to the WVU law buildings?
Weird to think I could be coming from Missouri yet still could be watching Big 12 sports...

Proximity wise the closest apartment buildings are Chateu and Copperfield. Those are within walking distance (somewhat a hike though) and you will have to trek the "law school hill". There are houses you can find within the law school area but I'm not sure of the realtors.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:12 pm 

In via status checker this morning!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:27 pm 

Apparently I was accepted like 4 days ago. I've sort of stopped checking status checkers apparently. :lol:

Anyway, there'll have to be a lot of money involved for me to choose my alma mater, as much as I love it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:43 pm 

Would they already have sent out scholarship info with the acceptance letter?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:52 am 

FWIW I received my scholly info in the same envelope as my acceptance letter. I believe this is par for the course.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:39 pm 

My mailings section lists both an admit letter and a scholarship letter, mailed on different days.

You would have thought I'd have gotten them by now, living half a mile away and all...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:46 pm 

Mine are also listed separately in the mailings section; however, I received them in the same envelope (13 days after the mailings section said they were sent). I don't know that it is the same for everyone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:56 pm 

I applied a month ago with only two LORs because I never expected to need three. So I scrambled and was able to get a third, which got to them the other day and now I'm in review. I have to say, three LORs is excessive. I bet a lot of people just don't apply because of that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 pm 

WB7 wrote:
Mine are also listed separately in the mailings section; however, I received them in the same envelope (13 days after the mailings section said they were sent). I don't know that it is the same for everyone.

Yeah mine says mailed 1/25 and I still haven't gotten anything :/

I'm really hoping for some big/fullride scholarship money to make WVU a real option. 161/3.23 but no mailing section of scholarship letter, hence why this wait for the admit letter is killing me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 pm 

2LT_CPG wrote:
I applied a month ago with only two LORs because I never expected to need three. So I scrambled and was able to get a third, which got to them the other day and now I'm in review. I have to say, three LORs is excessive. I bet a lot of people just don't apply because of that.

I've talked with their admissions dean and she begs to reduce it to 2, but the faculty refuses to budge on 3. I agree that it sucks, my 3rd one I got was almost totally irrelevant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next