WVU Law Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
northerniowan

Bronze

Re: WVU Law

Post by northerniowan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:39 pm

I've also been in review since November 18th. If I remember correctly from the forums last year, people heard (or atleast someone did) around December 10th???? I'm expecting to hear this week or maybe next. But really not any later than that.

ggibelli

Bronze

Post by ggibelli » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:44 pm

northerniowan wrote:I've also been in review since November 18th. If I remember correctly from the forums last year, people heard (or atleast someone did) around December 10th???? I'm expecting to hear this week or maybe next. But really not any later than that.
+1

Also, who's fired up about the Orange Bowl?!

ironrenegade21

New

Post by ironrenegade21 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:51 pm

ggibelli wrote:
northerniowan wrote:I've also been in review since November 18th. If I remember correctly from the forums last year, people heard (or atleast someone did) around December 10th???? I'm expecting to hear this week or maybe next. But really not any later than that.
+1

Cant wait for the orange bowl even though they've looked like shit the last two games they managed to get the W Clemson will be tough. On my status checker it says my LSDAS report and LORS haven't been received but on my LSAC account these materials have been sent. Anyone else encountered this?

ggibelli

Bronze

Post by ggibelli » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:01 pm

ironrenegade21 wrote:
ggibelli wrote:
+1

Cant wait for the orange bowl even though they've looked like shit the last two games they managed to get the W Clemson will be tough. On my status checker it says my LSDAS report and LORS haven't been received but on my LSAC account these materials have been sent. Anyone else encountered this?
Mine is the same way. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It does say I'm in review so I think it's just a glitch that it isnt checked off.

I think Clemson will definitely be a tough game but I trust Geno, Bailey, and Austin to get it done. Wouldve loved a WVU - Vtech matchup though :(

ironrenegade21

New

Post by ironrenegade21 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:14 pm

ggibelli wrote:
ironrenegade21 wrote:
ggibelli wrote:
+1

Mine is the same way. I wouldn't worry too much about it. It does say I'm in review so I think it's just a glitch that it isnt checked off.

I think Clemson will definitely be a tough game but I trust Geno, Bailey, and Austin to get it done. Wouldve loved a WVU - Vtech matchup though :(
Yea offense looked terrible against USF but they always play us tough. Hopefully I'll have a new perspective of WVU Football by Jan 4 want to know a decision soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ironrenegade21

New

Post by ironrenegade21 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Status date changed to 12/8 but still under review. Anyone heard anything?

northerniowan

Bronze

Post by northerniowan » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 pm

ironrenegade21 wrote:Status date changed to 12/8 but still under review. Anyone heard anything?
Still just in review as of 11/14.

ironrenegade21

New

Post by ironrenegade21 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:59 pm

In via status checker 12/15

WB7

New

Post by WB7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:21 pm

In via status checker 12/15.
3.2 / 157 + 7yr FT mgr WE, lots of softs...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

northerniowan

Bronze

Post by northerniowan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:26 pm

WB7 wrote:In via status checker 12/15.
Are you in-state?

cpajd

New

Post by cpajd » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 pm

It might be of interest to some of you coming to WVU law that they are getting ready to expand the school and renovate. It's supposed to start this summer I believe. So you guys will be coming at a good time, with the new facilities (ah, the smell of fresh paint...). They are really trying to build a first class facility.

WB7

New

Post by WB7 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 pm

northerniowan wrote:
Are you in-state?
Yes, I'm a lifer.

northerniowan

Bronze

Post by northerniowan » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 am

WB7 wrote:
northerniowan wrote:
Are you in-state?
Yes, I'm a lifer.
Ah kk because my numbers are pretty much the exact same as yours but I haven't heard yet lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:03 am

Hey all, hope you get in if you applied and you feel Morgantown calling your name. It's a really great college town, quiet in a good way (in my opinion at least), and you can always drive an hour to Pittsburgh if you want to do other stuff. If anyone has general questions about the town or law school building let me know and I'll try to answer.

I'm a lifelong WVian and here for undergrad so I applied (though I'm looking mostly elsewhere), still haven't gotten a status check username or any email correspondence, though...

ironrenegade21

New

Post by ironrenegade21 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:09 am

Have you received your formal letter in the mail? I'm also a lifetime resident and WVU was pretty much my only choice for different reasons.

WB7

New

Post by WB7 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 pm

ironrenegade21 wrote:
Have you received your formal letter in the mail? I'm also a lifetime resident and WVU was pretty much my only choice for different reasons.

Nope, still waiting on some hard copies! The mailings section says "Admit letter-- mailed 12/13" I live about 2 hours from Mo'town so your guess is as good as mine!

and good luck Iowan... hope you hear good news soon!

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 pm

In via status checker, 12/21.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:03 pm

wvuchip wrote:Hey all, hope you get in if you applied and you feel Morgantown calling your name. It's a really great college town, quiet in a good way (in my opinion at least), and you can always drive an hour to Pittsburgh if you want to do other stuff. If anyone has general questions about the town or law school building let me know and I'll try to answer.

I'm a lifelong WVian and here for undergrad so I applied (though I'm looking mostly elsewhere), still haven't gotten a status check username or any email correspondence, though...
How is the housing? Especially near the law building.

wvu

Gold

Post by wvu » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:56 pm

You're right beside the football stadium so there's an eclectic mix of nice condos and some apartments nearby. Right down the hill from the school are some apartments that are about a 5 minute walk to classes, my cousin lived there and I seemed to remember him loving it. There's also a residential-ish area nearby with houses. All the typical housing options for undergrads aren't too far away either, like Copper Beech and the District.

I live in a house way off campus (out in the Cheat Lake area) and drive downtown every day so I don't have personal stories, but if you want specifics on a certain place I have friends who live pretty much everywhere that I could ask for you.

WB7

New

Post by WB7 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:46 pm

ironrenegade21 wrote:
**Update

Received my letter today... It was postmarked the 20th FYI. I got a pretty decent scholarship on top of already being in-state so Im 99% headed down some country roads :mrgreen:

foreveryoungx01

New

Post by foreveryoungx01 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:52 pm

In today with a full ride, but the scholarship letter says that I only have fifteen days to accept this offer or they withdraw it and give it to someone else.

Not an URM, 162/4.0/OOS
Good luck to everyone! I'm withdrawing the scholarship offer because I don't want to commit to attending this early in the game so I'm sure it will go to one of you guys :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:47 pm

foreveryoungx01 wrote:In today with a full ride, but the scholarship letter says that I only have fifteen days to accept this offer or they withdraw it and give it to someone else.

Not an URM, 162/4.0/OOS
Good luck to everyone! I'm withdrawing the scholarship offer because I don't want to commit to attending this early in the game so I'm sure it will go to one of you guys :)
I'm home for Christmas break and didn't forward my mail, so I hope that there isn't a fifteen day limit for other scholarships as well. Is there a way to find out about scholarships other than through snail mail?

WB7

New

Post by WB7 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:49 pm

rishabhagny wrote:
foreveryoungx01 wrote:In today with a full ride, but the scholarship letter says that I only have fifteen days to accept this offer or they withdraw it and give it to someone else.

Not an URM, 162/4.0/OOS
I'm home for Christmas break and didn't forward my mail, so I hope that there isn't a fifteen day limit for other scholarships as well. Is there a way to find out about scholarships other than through snail mail?

--My scholarship offer had the 15 day contingency... from what I've read I think this is pretty standard with WVU. You may want to give admissions a call.

rishabhagny

New

Post by rishabhagny » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Can they tell you if you received a scholarship over the phone? Or is it solely through mail?

bflint30

New

Post by bflint30 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:47 am

Got back into town from break and found a 30K scholarship with a 15 day limit that was 20 days ago. I would not have accepted it this early anyway.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”