WVU Law Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bgard008

New

Re: WVU Law

Post by Bgard008 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Charlindrea wrote:I was waitlisted on March 14th. I'm still waiting too... :|
Come on WVU!!
Did you send in a LOCI? If so, are you thinking about sending in a second one?

tnbanjogirl

New

Post by tnbanjogirl » Sat May 26, 2012 1:12 am

In off of the WL last week at WVU law.

Staying hopeful for the rest of you all still WL'ed. I know it's a rough spot to be in but with deposit deadlines looming, I would expect that there will be major WL movement soon.

WVULawStudent

New

Post by WVULawStudent » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:58 am

I'm not sure how late WVU keeps WL people waiting, so y'all may want to send in a LOCI or at least call. If y'all haven't heard yet, I'd imagine it's not a good thing.

Sunspar2006

New

Post by Sunspar2006 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:58 am

In at WVU but recently accepted off the wait list at another school. Withdrawing from WVU so a seat (and money) will be opening up there for someone.

MountaineerEconomist

New

Post by MountaineerEconomist » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 pm

I've recently decided that I would definitely like to go to Law School, but my scores are less-than ideal. I took the LSAT on a whim over a year ago and got a 149, and my GPA is a 3.09. I majored in Econ and minored in Spanish at WVU, and my grades in my latter two years were significantly better than the first two. My question is are these scores--along with my lifelong WV residency--good enough to render me acceptance?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Jredelman15

Bronze

Post by Jredelman15 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:35 pm

MountaineerEconomist wrote:I've recently decided that I would definitely like to go to Law School, but my scores are less-than ideal. I took the LSAT on a whim over a year ago and got a 149, and my GPA is a 3.09. I majored in Econ and minored in Spanish at WVU, and my grades in my latter two years were significantly better than the first two. My question is are these scores--along with my lifelong WV residency--good enough to render me acceptance?
No

econ_runner

New

Post by econ_runner » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Jredelman15 wrote:
MountaineerEconomist wrote:I've recently decided that I would definitely like to go to Law School, but my scores are less-than ideal. I took the LSAT on a whim over a year ago and got a 149, and my GPA is a 3.09. I majored in Econ and minored in Spanish at WVU, and my grades in my latter two years were significantly better than the first two. My question is are these scores--along with my lifelong WV residency--good enough to render me acceptance?
No
Retake the LSAT and work hard on getting that score up to around a 155 or above. It's tough work but you can do it. Invest in powerscore books.

OnTheRise

New

Post by OnTheRise » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 am

I'm going to send my application out today when I get home from work but I figured I'd ask some people what my chances are with a 161 3.2. Thanks for the input and congrats to all admits!

specialsnowflake

New

Post by specialsnowflake » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 am

OnTheRise wrote:I'm going to send my application out today when I get home from work but I figured I'd ask some people what my chances are with a 161 3.2. Thanks for the input and congrats to all admits!
I had the same stats last year and got in with 10k/yr if that helps

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”