University of Washington c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
akakak

New

University of Washington c/o 2015

Post by akakak » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:46 pm

JD Admissions Statistics

Applicants: 2656
Admitted: 586
Enrolled: 182
Median GPA: 3.67, Range: 75/25%: 3.82/3.44
Median LSAT: 164 (90th percentile), Range: 75/25%: 166/161
Women: 48.9%
Students of Color: 28%
Median Age: 26; Range: 21 - 44
WA Residents: 64.8%
Graduate degrees: 12%
Foreign Students: 4 (Canada, China (2), Uganda)

Last years first acceptance on LSN was 12/29, the previous year was 1/21

My App was in 10/4 and am complete on the LSAC end but status checker still shows that the CAS report was requested, Anyone complete or under review via status checker yet?

No13baby

Bronze

Re: University of Washington c/o 2015

Post by No13baby » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:02 pm

Like you, I'm still at "CAS Report Requested."

Otherwise, hooray for Washington! I live in Seattle (about a 15-minute walk away from UW, actually) so I am happy to answer any questions about Seattle or the U-District. I love it here.
Last edited by No13baby on Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aperfectmap

New

Post by aperfectmap » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Went to UW undergrad before relocating to Phoenix to teach. I'm applying and would also be happy to answer any Seattle-related questions.

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 pm

Checking In!

Lilberkie

New

Post by Lilberkie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 am

No13baby wrote:Like you, I'm still at "CAS Report Requested."

Otherwise, hooray for Washington! I live in Seattle (about a 15-minute walk away from UW, actually) so I am happy to answer any questions about Seattle or the U-District. I love it here.
Mine is the same; I submitted mine on 10/6. I live down in White Center. Good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

akakak

New

Post by akakak » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:49 pm

seems to be mostly seattle folks here so far. is anyone applying to seattle university too? i love seattle and don't really want to move

tuco

New

Post by tuco » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:53 pm

I applied. Anyone know how WAshington treats splitters from out of state?

aperfectmap

New

Post by aperfectmap » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:21 pm

akakak wrote:seems to be mostly seattle folks here so far. is anyone applying to seattle university too? i love seattle and don't really want to move
I think the job prospects for students coming out of Seattle U wouldn't measure up to those of students graduating from UW. That was my rationale for not applying. That said, my applying to UW was more a result of loyalty and love for the school and the city rather than necessity, and it is definitely in my group of safety schools. Hopefully I'll be able to make my way back to Seattle regardless of where I wind up going to school.

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:45 pm

tuco wrote:I applied. Anyone know how WAshington treats splitters from out of state?
not well, man. not well at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

No13baby

Bronze

Post by No13baby » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:48 pm

aperfectmap wrote:
akakak wrote:seems to be mostly seattle folks here so far. is anyone applying to seattle university too? i love seattle and don't really want to move
I think the job prospects for students coming out of Seattle U wouldn't measure up to those of students graduating from UW.
Agreed. I know several people with SU degrees and they all had a really hard time finding a job after graduation. The Law School Transparency numbers for SU aren't very flattering.

tuco

New

Post by tuco » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:11 pm

crit_racer wrote:
tuco wrote:I applied. Anyone know how WAshington treats splitters from out of state?
not well, man. not well at all.
bummer :(
well see what happens in a few months i guess

crit_racer

Silver

Post by crit_racer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 pm

yeah, I got WL last year w/ 3.3/169. It was my top choice, too...sucks. Things that I learned from last year, though:

-Write a Why UW
-Have a more detailed resume
-Don't be afraid to call and talk to Mathew Le...he's super nice and it helps to show interest

tjddk

Bronze

Post by tjddk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Last edited by tjddk on Fri May 18, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

aperfectmap

New

Post by aperfectmap » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:21 pm

tjddk wrote:California resident here checking in... Visited UW recently while in town... LOVED it. The class I'd been hoping to visit was cancelled or moved or something, but the tour was helpful and really made me feel like this was a culture fit. Of the non-California schools (Boalt, UCLA), definitely a favorite right now.
Having gone there, I definitely feel a little biased towards UW, even over the California schools. After visiting both Stanford and Berkeley a couple of years back, I still prefer Washington. I think that if your goal is to practice regionally in the Pacific Northwest, Washington should be near the top of the list.

TreeHugger20

New

Post by TreeHugger20 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Rejected last year very late in the cycle... like, April. I now live here in Seattle, so I'm in-state. I'm doing AmeriCorps too right now so I'll have about 1700 community service hours. I applied last Sunday, and my status checker also says "CAS Report Requested." Hopefully I'll get in this year... I didn't apply to SU again because, though I got in last year, it would have put me in a huge financial hole to attend. Good luck, everybody!

Oh, and this year they have switched to rolling admissions - FYI. That should make a significant difference in the admissions process.

Lilberkie

New

Post by Lilberkie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:00 pm

aperfectmap wrote:
I think the job prospects for students coming out of Seattle U wouldn't measure up to those of students graduating from UW. That was my rationale for not applying. That said, my applying to UW was more a result of loyalty and love for the school and the city rather than necessity, and it is definitely in my group of safety schools. Hopefully I'll be able to make my way back to Seattle regardless of where I wind up going to school.
Yep, I applied to SU. Numbers don't say it all. It depends what you want to do. I am committed to public service, probably in the public sector. SU has a great track record of sending well-trained lawyers into state jobs; I know many of them in my current line of work. They also have scholarships and financial aid programs for those of us interested in social justice, which can erase that debt. So yeah I tend to look at more than just straight numbers - but then, I'm pretty far out of the whole college thing and have long-since abandoned the artificial tactics used to foster competition among workers. You can see on other threads this is not a well-respected viewpoint, but I'm happy with it. That's why I live in Seattle. :) Good luck.

aperfectmap

New

Post by aperfectmap » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:46 am

Lilberkie wrote:
aperfectmap wrote:
Yep, I applied to SU. Numbers don't say it all. It depends what you want to do. I am committed to public service, probably in the public sector. SU has a great track record of sending well-trained lawyers into state jobs; I know many of them in my current line of work. They also have scholarships and financial aid programs for those of us interested in social justice, which can erase that debt. So yeah I tend to look at more than just straight numbers - but then, I'm pretty far out of the whole college thing and have long-since abandoned the artificial tactics used to foster competition among workers. You can see on other threads this is not a well-respected viewpoint, but I'm happy with it. That's why I live in Seattle. :) Good luck.
I don't disagree with anything you said. I think that the choice of law schools depends a lot on what your goals are. And +1 for loving Seattle. I am hoping to make my way back there eventually as well.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tuco

New

Post by tuco » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:56 am

Thanks for the tip didn't realize the Why Washington was so important. Anybody know what is good to write about for that? I didn't visit the school yet so I don't have a good feel for thsi essay. I already applied a couple weeks ago but most admissions seem happy to attach additional essays if you want to add them later..

No13baby

Bronze

Post by No13baby » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:36 pm

The status checker just demoted me from "CAS Incomplete" to "E-App Received."

WHAT THE HELL

akakak

New

Post by akakak » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:48 pm

I just went from 'CAS report requested' to 'E-App received'

aperfectmap

New

Post by aperfectmap » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:50 pm

akakak wrote:I just went from 'CAS report requested' to 'E-App received'
Same. Guessing there's some technical difficulties on their end? Hopefully, anyway.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lilberkie

New

Post by Lilberkie » Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:11 pm

I did as well. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen, there are definitions - there's none for the status we were all in last week. So yeah maybe this is the first step and they didn't update their instructions/info since last year.

Deadlights13

New

Post by Deadlights13 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:59 pm

I applied on 14 October and received the confirmation email from UW yesterday, 17 October. Like all of you, my status says "E-App Received." I live near Tacoma on the Army base, but am a WA. resident. UW is my longshot school, but looking forward to living vicariously through the rest of you who are more likely candidates. So keep posting! Good luck!

aperfectmap

New

Post by aperfectmap » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Status updated to "ready for review" as of 10/20. Finally.

thelawschoolproject

Silver

Post by thelawschoolproject » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Anyone else applying for the Gates scholly?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”