University of Washington c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
No13baby

Bronze

Re: University of Washington c/o 2015

Post by No13baby » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 pm

tjddk wrote:
imadude wrote:
No13baby wrote:I got my scholarship info today - $15k over three years. Has anyone else heard back about this yet?
I got the same.
When did you guys submit?

I submitted late yesterday, got confirmation today that they'll expedite my review.
I submitted a little over two weeks ago as well. Also, I am in-state at UW - not sure if that affects the amount of $$ they give you at all. I'd be interested to see if OOSers with similar numbers get the same amount.

Trig9793

New

Post by Trig9793 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:11 pm

No13baby wrote:
tjddk wrote:
imadude wrote:
No13baby wrote:I got my scholarship info today - $15k over three years. Has anyone else heard back about this yet?
I got the same.
When did you guys submit?

I submitted late yesterday, got confirmation today that they'll expedite my review.
I submitted a little over two weeks ago as well. Also, I am in-state at UW - not sure if that affects the amount of $$ they give you at all. I'd be interested to see if OOSers with similar numbers get the same amount.

I got my scholarship offer today and was mildly disappointed. $12,000 to be distributed over 3 years. I have been accepted to better schools with much higher scholarships than this. How are you guys feeling? Is anyone going to speak with them about competing offers/the possibility of a better scholarship? Also, is anyone clear if this is a merit based scholarship and there may still be grant or need based scholarships coming, or is this the whole package? Thanks for any help!

skitlets

Bronze

Post by skitlets » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:02 am

Trig9793 wrote:I got my scholarship offer today and was mildly disappointed. $12,000 to be distributed over 3 years. I have been accepted to better schools with much higher scholarships than this. How are you guys feeling? Is anyone going to speak with them about competing offers/the possibility of a better scholarship? Also, is anyone clear if this is a merit based scholarship and there may still be grant or need based scholarships coming, or is this the whole package? Thanks for any help!
Same offer, 12k. I think this is merit only. Need based hasn't been released yet. I'll try to negotiate, will see how it goes.

dome

New

Post by dome » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Trig9793 wrote:I got my scholarship offer today and was mildly disappointed. $12,000 to be distributed over 3 years. I have been accepted to better schools with much higher scholarships than this. How are you guys feeling? Is anyone going to speak with them about competing offers/the possibility of a better scholarship? Also, is anyone clear if this is a merit based scholarship and there may still be grant or need based scholarships coming, or is this the whole package? Thanks for any help!
Well, 12k is better than what most UW students will get, sadly.
When did you submit your scholarship application? Did you contact the office of financial aid directly at any point?

I'm in the unenviable position of having UW as my top choice while also having not received a scholarship there yet, though I did submit my scholarship application early. I've been accepted at five schools ranked higher than UW, all with very competitive scholarships.
I just want to live in Seattle. Why is this school so broke?

smhaaty

New

Post by smhaaty » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:53 am

They are ranked 20 now! I'm never going to get off the waitlist :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

aeiouy

New

Post by aeiouy » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:19 am

Complete since 1/31. Come on, I even wrote my PS geared toward UW! I didn't do that with any other school. I wanna be a Husky!

Robst

New

Post by Robst » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 pm

smhaaty wrote:They are ranked 20 now! I'm never going to get off the waitlist :(
+juan

NYDCKid2014

New

Post by NYDCKid2014 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:05 pm

Robst wrote:
smhaaty wrote:They are ranked 20 now! I'm never going to get off the waitlist :(
+juan

Come on, we gotta keep hope alive! also looks like decisions are coming out today this is from their twitter

"We're making decisions today, so keep your eyes on your status check and email!"

fltanglab

Silver

Post by fltanglab » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Eh it doesn't mean they'll stay there forever. One year isn't going to change history.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:44 pm

I took that to mean that they're *making* decisions today; i.e. the admissions committee is meeting to vote on applicants. Given that it's nearly 2pm Pacific, I imagine that they'll start sending decisions out tomorrow.

I just want to know; UW's my top choice and I'm getting tired of waking up every morning and crossing my fingers when I check the admissions site. Either reject me and get it over with, or accept me ffs. There are people here who submitted their app after mine and got accepted (grats btw), so I have to imagine my app has been at least examined. So I guess I should be happy they didn't just reject me outright two weeks ago, but argh, I just want to know.

tc22

New

Post by tc22 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:00 pm

From UW Law Admissions Twitter:

"Unfortunately, our power is out as we are dealing with a campus wide power outage. Decisions will be sent out tomorrow."

A power outage? Really? That is random. Good luck to all of you that are still waiting for decisions.

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:11 pm

tc22 wrote:From UW Law Admissions Twitter:

"Unfortunately, our power is out as we are dealing with a campus wide power outage. Decisions will be sent out tomorrow."

A power outage? Really? That is random. Good luck to all of you that are still waiting for decisions.
Must have been my frequent refreshing of the admissions page blowing a fuse. :-P

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:04 pm

BeatenHorse wrote:I took that to mean that they're *making* decisions today; i.e. the admissions committee is meeting to vote on applicants. Given that it's nearly 2pm Pacific, I imagine that they'll start sending decisions out tomorrow.

I just want to know; UW's my top choice and I'm getting tired of waking up every morning and crossing my fingers when I check the admissions site. Either reject me and get it over with, or accept me ffs. There are people here who submitted their app after mine and got accepted (grats btw), so I have to imagine my app has been at least examined. So I guess I should be happy they didn't just reject me outright two weeks ago, but argh, I just want to know.
what was ur lsat score?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:07 pm

dome wrote:
When did you submit your scholarship application? Did you contact the office of financial aid directly at any point?

I'm in the unenviable position of having UW as my top choice while also having not received a scholarship there yet, though I did submit my scholarship application early. I've been accepted at five schools ranked higher than UW, all with very competitive scholarships.
yikes. i've put off doing my scholly app since it's not due for awhile. do u think timing influences the amount given? also, sorry to hear abt ur situation. maybe if u tell wash about ur other offers they'll up ur money? good luck!

tc22

New

Post by tc22 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Geneva wrote:
dome wrote:

yikes. i've put off doing my scholly app since it's not due for awhile. do u think timing influences the amount given? also, sorry to hear abt ur situation. maybe if u tell wash about ur other offers they'll up ur money? good luck!

From what I've heard, UW doesn't negotiate scholarship money. Hopefully that isn't always the case. Has anyone that has received their financial aid info successfully negotiated more from UW?

staloysius

New

Post by staloysius » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:47 pm

Geneva wrote: yikes. i've put off doing my scholly app since it's not due for awhile. do u think timing influences the amount given? also, sorry to hear abt ur situation. maybe if u tell wash about ur other offers they'll up ur money? good luck!
I haven't submitted my scholarship application yet either. I called the admissions office today and Jessica told me to turn it in as soon as I could because some offers have already been made. I got the impression that there is a specific amount of money available and when it's gone it's gone, regardless of the application due date.

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Geneva wrote: what was ur lsat score?
My stats are 165/3.9/OOS

So, competitive, not auto-admit, but not shabby.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:16 pm

For those that got scholarship $$, how were you notified, snail mail, email?

imadude

New

Post by imadude » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 am

cougarlive wrote:For those that got scholarship $$, how were you notified, snail mail, email?
Email.

steepair

New

Post by steepair » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am

imadude wrote:
cougarlive wrote:For those that got scholarship $$, how were you notified, snail mail, email?
Email.
+1

i know that UW doesn't usually negotiate. but i sent a letter today anyway. can't hurt, right? all they can say is "no."

skitlets

Bronze

Post by skitlets » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 am

Scholarship came via email. I asked for expedited review, got nothing. Few weeks later I got a small amount, about 12k total.

Tried negotiating after both emails. Even spoke to the Director of Admissions on the phone. No dice.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:04 am

BeatenHorse wrote:
Geneva wrote: what was ur lsat score?
My stats are 165/3.9/OOS

So, competitive, not auto-admit, but not shabby.
yeah. u should probs be getting in any day. i'm having the same issue w/ boston college. have already gotten into schools much higher ranked that i applied to AFTER bc, but no news from them when ppl w/ lower lsat/gpa scores r already in w/ scholarships. not sure of the method to the madness.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:05 am

staloysius wrote:
Geneva wrote: yikes. i've put off doing my scholly app since it's not due for awhile. do u think timing influences the amount given? also, sorry to hear abt ur situation. maybe if u tell wash about ur other offers they'll up ur money? good luck!
I haven't submitted my scholarship application yet either. I called the admissions office today and Jessica told me to turn it in as soon as I could because some offers have already been made. I got the impression that there is a specific amount of money available and when it's gone it's gone, regardless of the application due date.
ugh. how tough is the application? im still sending out apps to schools w/ march 15 deadlines...applied to u wash at 11:45pm on feb 15. procrastination is truly my middle name.

BeatenHorse

New

Post by BeatenHorse » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 am

Geneva wrote:
ugh. how tough is the application? im still sending out apps to schools w/ march 15 deadlines...applied to u wash at 11:45pm on feb 15. procrastination is truly my middle name.
http://www.law.washington.edu/FinAid/Application.aspx

See for yourself.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:26 am

BeatenHorse wrote:
Geneva wrote:
http://www.law.washington.edu/FinAid/Application.aspx

See for yourself.
oh dear. not a bad application, but we need to reapply every year?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”