FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Ili22
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Ili22 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:40 pm

I guess they were all rejection letters :(

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby pret » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I doubt they had the chance to adequately review the applications.

User avatar
Tarheel19932005
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Tarheel19932005 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 pm

I haven't posted on this forum in a very long time, and just wanted to update!

I just put my seat deposit down a few weeks ago, and I plan to move to Tallahassee in early August! I currently live in the Metro Detroit area and I'm very excited about attending FSU for law school, and also about relocating to Florida.

Anyone else on this forum making a move similar to mine?

MichNole19
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby MichNole19 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Tarheel19932005 wrote:I haven't posted on this forum in a very long time, and just wanted to update!

I just put my seat deposit down a few weeks ago, and I plan to move to Tallahassee in early August! I currently live in the Metro Detroit area and I'm very excited about attending FSU for law school, and also about relocating to Florida.

Anyone else on this forum making a move similar to mine?


I made that same move for undergrad, Livonia to Tallahassee. Make sure you change all your tags, liscense ASAP if your hoping for instate as a 2L.

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Anyone accepted in the fall hear anything about merit-based aid? I'm assuming it's all been disbursed. Oh well...

User avatar
Tarheel19932005
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:36 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Tarheel19932005 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:59 am

[/quote]

I made that same move for undergrad, Livonia to Tallahassee. Make sure you change all your tags, liscense ASAP if your hoping for instate as a 2L.[/quote]



Thanks for the heads up. Classes begin on August 27, and I actually planned on making the move August 15. If I were to get everything done by, say, August 18, would I be cutting it too close? I understand from the reclassification materials that all of the documents (i.e. license, tags, address and voting registration) must all be dated 12 months prior to the commencement of 2L classes. I can't imagine classes starting any earlier than August 24 for the following year, so I just figured I'd be okay, but I'm a little worried now based on your comment. The other part that worried me was early registration for the FL bar. Should I get the wheels rolling on that one already? I imagine that process is a long one.

If you wouldn't mind getting back to me on those things, I'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!

(Also, how was that move for you from Livonia to Tallahassee? I live in GP Woods now, but lived in Royal Oak for two years just prior to coming to the east side. I'd love to know how the adjustment was for you.)

User avatar
thriceman
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 12:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby thriceman » Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?

Midorie16
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:47 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Midorie16 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:27 am

Got accepted off the waitlist last Tuesday, putting the seat deposit down today. Anyone from UCF?? I'll be visiting campus on July 12 and looking for apartments. Go 'Noles!

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby minuit » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 pm

thriceman wrote:Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?


Hey! Congratulations! In all likelihood, you will be scheduled for morning classes, so parking actually shouldn't be a huge deal at 8-9 AM. However, it's true that a lot of people live in the apartments around the law school. They are definitely convenient, but old, small, and overpriced. The best deal is probably Parkwood apartments! One of my friends lives there and pays roughly $500/month.

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby leefair123 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 pm

minuit wrote:
thriceman wrote:Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?


Hey! Congratulations! In all likelihood, you will be scheduled for morning classes, so parking actually shouldn't be a huge deal at 8-9 AM. However, it's true that a lot of people live in the apartments around the law school. They are definitely convenient, but old, small, and overpriced. The best deal is probably Parkwood apartments! One of my friends lives there and pays roughly $500/month.


the earliest class they have this year is 11 am I believe no 8 ams according to the course catalog unless it changed

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby leefair123 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:36 pm

leefair123 wrote:
minuit wrote:
thriceman wrote:Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?


Hey! Congratulations! In all likelihood, you will be scheduled for morning classes, so parking actually shouldn't be a huge deal at 8-9 AM. However, it's true that a lot of people live in the apartments around the law school. They are definitely convenient, but old, small, and overpriced. The best deal is probably Parkwood apartments! One of my friends lives there and pays roughly $500/month.


the earliest class they have this year is 11 am I believe no 8 ams according to the course catalog unless it changed


http://www.law.fsu.edu/academic_program ... yclass.pdf

never mind they have some 9:30s

User avatar
Bless
Posts: 533
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:32 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Bless » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:45 pm

I envy the fact that you 1Ls don't get stuck with 8 AMs like we did. ENVY.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby minuit » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:41 pm

leefair123 wrote:
leefair123 wrote:
minuit wrote:
thriceman wrote:Hey everyone! I'm a little late to the party, but I just got in on Monday from the waitlist and accepted my seat today! I'm excited to start in the fall! I completed my undergrad at FSU and currently live in Tallahassee. Right now, I am looking into apartments surrounding the law school, as I don't want to deal with the parking nightmare like I have for the past four years. Any recommendations?


Hey! Congratulations! In all likelihood, you will be scheduled for morning classes, so parking actually shouldn't be a huge deal at 8-9 AM. However, it's true that a lot of people live in the apartments around the law school. They are definitely convenient, but old, small, and overpriced. The best deal is probably Parkwood apartments! One of my friends lives there and pays roughly $500/month.


the earliest class they have this year is 11 am I believe no 8 ams according to the course catalog unless it changed


http://www.law.fsu.edu/academic_program ... yclass.pdf

never mind they have some 9:30s


Bless wrote:I envy the fact that you 1Ls don't get stuck with 8 AMs like we did. ENVY.


WUT?! My QoL would've been so much better at 9:30. New 1Ls should count their blessings lol

jeml1763
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:30 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jeml1763 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:58 pm

pret wrote:I highly doubt they'll be calling admitted students simply because it would be too arduous at this point. They haven't admitted anyone for months.



They still do my friend, I received mine yesterday...

User avatar
slawww
Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby slawww » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:08 pm

jeml1763 wrote:
pret wrote:I highly doubt they'll be calling admitted students simply because it would be too arduous at this point. They haven't admitted anyone for months.



They still do my friend, I received mine yesterday...


You do realize that comment is ~1 year old and that this is the 2015 thread, right?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests