FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gryfer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Gryfer » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:13 am

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum but so far everyone seems pleasant and I'm glad to have joined the board and become a part of it. I'm in the same boat with several of the recent applicants, I've been "Complete" since 2.1.12, "Under Review" 4.18.12, and "Decision made and will arrive by mail" 4.20.12.

I have a bit of a unique situation because my fiancé is also applying to FSU Law. She submitted her application far sooner [November, I think] and was placed on "Hold" status after the first time her application went "Under Review." Both of our statuses became "Under Review" [mine for the first time, hers for the second] on 4.18. However, when we checked hers, it was "Waitlist Offer" with a detailed message, whereas mine was only "Decision made and will arrive by mail." Naturally, I started going into overdrive mode trying to decipher what precisely that meant, but I'm nowhere. My LSAT is stronger than hers, but my GPA is weaker than hers -- however I have a very good trend GPA [I have a 3.35 overall, but a 3.96 throughout my last two years as a Finance major] and a unique goal with my law degree [I intend to join the Navy JAG corps which is part of my personal statement] which I think plays ever so slightly to my advantage.

I don't think that for some students they would send a waitlist letter while others receive a waitlist notification through the status check, so I'm definitely convinced that anyone with that same notification is either outright accepted or outright rejected -- thank the heavens, because I couldn't stand the anxiety of having to wait until up to August 24th to hear if I was going to be able to start law school on August 27th, especially considering I'd be moving to another state to attend law school if I didn't get into FSU.

I didn't get a call or an email, so that definitely makes me more nervous than I would've been, but I think I have a stronger application than my fiancé and she got waitlisted so I'm still optimistic. It might be relevant that it was a Friday evening at 5:15 PM when it finally turned over, so maybe I still have hope as to receiving a call.

Also, I am a returning Tallahassee "native." I had lived there from the age of 4 to 18, then ventured out for university and now will potentially be coming back, so if anyone has a question regarding the city, I can potentially try to answer it for you.

Gryfer

cass1230
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cass1230 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:10 pm

since no one has received a phone call i'm holding out hope that they didn't call this round of admits :D

p.s. if anyone bursts my bubble i'll hate you forever and ever. thanks.

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rglifberg » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 pm

hahaha I'm thinking the same, letters should come in the mail within the next day or two.

User avatar
MTBike
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby MTBike » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:36 pm

cass1230 wrote:since no one has received a phone call i'm holding out hope that they didn't call this round of admits :D

p.s. if anyone bursts my bubble i'll hate you forever and ever. thanks.


Haha I second that notion.

bajafresk
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby bajafresk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:35 pm

i'm currently an undergrad at FSU and i live literally 2 blocks away from the law school.

i also got the status update on 4/20 saying decision rendered sent in mail.

it's killing me that i live so close and can't find out until snail mail gets here! from what i've read in this thread, should be a rejection or wait list :\

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rglifberg » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:55 pm

bajafresk wrote:i'm currently an undergrad at FSU and i live literally 2 blocks away from the law school.

i also got the status update on 4/20 saying decision rendered sent in mail.

it's killing me that i live so close and can't find out until snail mail gets here! from what i've read in this thread, should be a rejection or wait list :\


yeah it sucks, I'm still waiting on the mail. I live in Florida also I'm expecting it either today or tomorrow

Ili22
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Ili22 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:09 pm

rglifberg wrote:
bajafresk wrote:i'm currently an undergrad at FSU and i live literally 2 blocks away from the law school.

i also got the status update on 4/20 saying decision rendered sent in mail.

it's killing me that i live so close and can't find out until snail mail gets here! from what i've read in this thread, should be a rejection or wait list :\


yeah it sucks, I'm still waiting on the mail. I live in Florida also I'm expecting it either today or tomorrow


I live in Florida as well. Nothing in the mail today, guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow :/

I know it's either a rejection or they aren't making phone calls anymore and its an acceptance.

It's most likely not a waitlist. I know someone who was waitlisted on Friday via e-mail. I read the same thing on the last few posts in this thread as well.

leefair123
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby leefair123 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm

I was WL then accepted last year and wait list was via status checker not by mail, acceptance later by phone call in mid May

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby abbottsbar » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:47 pm

To all of those on the waitlist, I intend on withdrawing tomorrow. Best of luck!

Gryfer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Gryfer » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 pm

Everyone seems relatively convinced these are all rejection letters. I think we still have a shot.

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rglifberg » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Gryfer wrote:Everyone seems relatively convinced these are all rejection letters. I think we still have a shot.


I definitely hope they're not! But I'm pretty sure mine is a rejection having been rejected by UF and waitlisted by Miami. Does anyone know if FSU tends to be URM friendly?

Gryfer
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Gryfer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Mail just came today. Nothing today, anxiously awaiting tomorrow now. Assuming they put it in the mail on Monday, it should get to me on Wednesday.

pret
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:07 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby pret » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:22 pm

4 months to make a decision means it'll take 4 weeks to send it in the mail lol.

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rglifberg » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:26 pm

Gryfer wrote:Mail just came today. Nothing today, anxiously awaiting tomorrow now. Assuming they put it in the mail on Monday, it should get to me on Wednesday.


Well the status changed to letter mailed on Friday morning so maybe it was processed then? Hopefully we get it today or tomorrow.

atypicalname
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby atypicalname » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:38 pm

rglifberg wrote:
Gryfer wrote:Mail just came today. Nothing today, anxiously awaiting tomorrow now. Assuming they put it in the mail on Monday, it should get to me on Wednesday.


Well the status changed to letter mailed on Friday morning so maybe it was processed then? Hopefully we get it today or tomorrow.


Same update for me... Friday, 4/20, Decision made and will arrive by mail, but the "mailings" section has nothing new since application received email last month. Is this the case for everyone? I would've thought it would list the decision mailing in there.

cass1230
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cass1230 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Just called again (they must hate me) and asked if the dean was still calling accepted students and the girl told me no that all decisions are through US mail which idk how true that is since the wait lists got emails

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rglifberg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:53 pm

cass1230 wrote:Just called again (they must hate me) and asked if the dean was still calling accepted students and the girl told me no that all decisions are through US mail which idk how true that is since the wait lists got emails


Hahaha, I am just as anxious. Do rejections and admits both come in regular envelopes, or do acceptance letter come in a larger packet? Stupid question, I know.

bajafresk
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:38 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby bajafresk » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:48 pm

rejected. normal envelope with the the letter inside. came in yesterday

looks like im headed to miami. good luck to the rest of you

cass1230
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cass1230 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:37 pm

rejected :( after an undergrad waitlist and a law school rejection i might have to stop being a nole fan

JerichoJohnny
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby JerichoJohnny » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:43 pm

I believe my acceptance came in a large envelope, however, I received my acceptance via phone call.

rglifberg
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rglifberg » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm

also rejected. too bad I choked on the LSAT -_-

beachy
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby beachy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:52 am

rglifberg wrote:also rejected. too bad I choked on the LSAT -_-



I got 8 points lower on the actual test than all of the practices Id been taking...its either the time limit or the stress. If I was rich, id wait the year and then retake.

rockydbull
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:05 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rockydbull » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:21 am

beachy wrote:
rglifberg wrote:also rejected. too bad I choked on the LSAT -_-



I got 8 points lower on the actual test than all of the practices Id been taking...its either the time limit or the stress. If I was rich, id wait the year and then retake.


8 points is a huge amount on the lsat. You might want to retake just because it could be the difference between a hefty scholarship and sticker.

beachy
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby beachy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:21 am

rockydbull wrote:
beachy wrote:
rglifberg wrote:also rejected. too bad I choked on the LSAT -_-



I got 8 points lower on the actual test than all of the practices Id been taking...its either the time limit or the stress. If I was rich, id wait the year and then retake.


8 points is a huge amount on the lsat. You might want to retake just because it could be the difference between a hefty scholarship and sticker.


Well, I was scoring 168 on my practices and a 160 on the actual, so I know thatd be a huge difference but I dont have the time or financial ability to wait. Right now Im looking at 19k/year at my instate schools so its not that ridiculous of a price tag.

User avatar
abbottsbar
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby abbottsbar » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:44 am

beachy wrote:
rglifberg wrote:also rejected. too bad I choked on the LSAT -_-



I got 8 points lower on the actual test than all of the practices Id been taking...its either the time limit or the stress. If I was rich, id wait the year and then retake.


I think this is some faulty logic. I can understand that you are struggling (I've definitely been there), but in looking at your long-term finances you'd be much better off to scrape by for a year if you are able to raise your score significantly. If yyou were averaging 168, there's nothing that would stop you from conceivably pulling a 170+ for next cycle. The difference in scholarship money could be immense.

Don't trade one year of financial hardship for a lifetime of paying back a significant amount in student loans.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], BrainsyK, Kaziende, lawlawland16, proteinshake and 18 guests