FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:29 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:Yay stipend :D . Just enough for me to definitely be able to come. RSVP'ing now.


Got my stipend too! Nice.

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Its Always Sunny » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:36 pm

How much did everyone get?

jabberwock12
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jabberwock12 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:42 pm

For everyone going to the admitted students day, what are some good hotels in the Tallahasse area? Preferably within a 5-10 minute drive from the law school.

Oh and I got $100 dollars but i'm in Atlanta so I didn't expect to get anything lol

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:57 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:Yay stipend :D . Just enough for me to definitely be able to come. RSVP'ing now.


I am in Miami and I didn't get one. I don't think I'm going to ask for one though because I am staying with friends and don't need a hotel. Did you guys have to ask for it though? Also, I hate to be a pest, but has anyone who has already RSVP'ed received the confirmation email with parking info, an itinerary, stuff of that nature? Thanks.
Last edited by Dream Machine on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Its Always Sunny wrote:How much did everyone get?

I only asked for $150,and I got the entire amount. I'm driving from Louisiana, staying with friends who go to FSU.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:23 pm

I got $100. I didn't ask for a specific amount but said I won't be able to go if I didn't get one. Should be a fun drive from Tampa. Yay for 2 days off from work!

arigoldwannabe
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby arigoldwannabe » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm a current 1L. I'm willing to answer any questions.

User avatar
rudygayandchardonnay
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rudygayandchardonnay » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Complete 1/23 and in via snail mail last week.

Any possibility that they're still e-mailing merit-based scholarship apps? For those that got them, how soon after your acceptance did they send those out? Thanks in advance.

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:10 pm

rudygayandchardonnay wrote:Complete 1/23 and in via snail mail last week.

Any possibility that they're still e-mailing merit-based scholarship apps? For those that got them, how soon after your acceptance did they send those out? Thanks in advance.



What were your numbers if you don't mind?

User avatar
rudygayandchardonnay
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby rudygayandchardonnay » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:21 pm

.
Last edited by rudygayandchardonnay on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dillonjess
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby dillonjess » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:06 pm

Its Always Sunny wrote:How much did everyone get?



$250 from Los Angeles. Not sure how thats supposed to get me all the way from LA but whatever. I havent visited yet so might as well do it with stipend.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:46 pm

45k scholarship (over 3 years).

Notified via email

jabberwock12
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:55 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jabberwock12 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Just checked my email got 30k over three years. Official info on stips coming whenever the official letter arrives.

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 am

jabberwock12 wrote:Just checked my email got 30k over three years. Official info on stips coming whenever the official letter arrives.


No email. Shit.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:24 am

They are sending out scholarship information for those who received the scholarship application.

Geaux12 wrote:
jabberwock12 wrote:Just checked my email got 30k over three years. Official info on stips coming whenever the official letter arrives.


No email. Shit.

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:40 am

cutecarmel wrote:They are sending out scholarship information for those who received the scholarship application.

Geaux12 wrote:
jabberwock12 wrote:Just checked my email got 30k over three years. Official info on stips coming whenever the official letter arrives.


No email. Shit.


Ahh gotcha. If I don't get an application by ASD, I'll risk being presumptuous and ask someone about it.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 am

Pretty good plan. I think it would be really odd if they only offered scholarships to the first few waves of acceptances. I imagine that they'll send more applications out later.

You might want to check back on the application and see if there was a "priority scholarship deadline" some schools have a deadline to complete admissions applications to be considered for scholarship. If they have a priority scholarship deadline, its possible that those who applied after a certain date won't receive scholarships until they see who all have turned them down.

But I'm not sure about any of that. You might want to research earlier forums.

Geaux12 wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:They are sending out scholarship information for those who received the scholarship application.

Geaux12 wrote:
jabberwock12 wrote:Just checked my email got 30k over three years. Official info on stips coming whenever the official letter arrives.


No email. Shit.


Ahh gotcha. If I don't get an application by ASD, I'll risk being presumptuous and ask someone about it.

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:19 am

Appreciate the post. Digging through the website as we speak. Thanks.

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby georgia32 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:56 pm

So are accepted students without scholarships yet SOL? Haha, It'd really make my decision easier if I got a bit of cash from FSU.

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:02 pm

georgia32 wrote:So are accepted students without scholarships yet SOL? Haha, It'd really make my decision easier if I got a bit of cash from FSU.



I just received $27k from UF and didn't even get an application from FSU. I'm going to bring it up with an admissions counselor during ASD.

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Its Always Sunny » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm kind of surprised I didn't get a scholarship application. I applied in November and was accepted shortly after but nothing on scholarship front. I just got into UF without a scholarship which I expected. My lsat is at median but GPA above 75th so I thought I would at least get a couple thousand a year based on last year applicants with 163s and low gaps. I believe my index score is above theirs and applying early would have helped.

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Its Always Sunny wrote:I'm kind of surprised I didn't get a scholarship application. I applied in November and was accepted shortly after but nothing on scholarship front. I just got into UF without a scholarship which I expected. My lsat is at median but GPA above 75th so I thought I would at least get a couple thousand a year based on last year applicants with 163s and low gaps. I believe my index score is above theirs and applying early would have helped.


I am literally in literally the exact same spot as you (162, 3.81 GPA) and accepted at both schools so far with no money at either. I am not really surprised as my numbers don't really merit any money. I am just grateful to be in. I understand perfectly though your sentiment. It's almost a cliche on this site, but a few more questions right on a 100 question multiple choice test and you are in much better financial shape :roll: . I'll just have to visit both schools and decide which I like better.

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby georgia32 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:32 pm

Oh well, I guess we will just have to wait and see, and hope for the best.

If anything happens I'll post in here.

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:30 pm

Well 3 months tomorrow since going complete, not looking good at this point. Really astonished and disappointed since I'm at median for both LSAT & GPA.

MissMock
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:35 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby MissMock » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:28 am

jabberwock12 wrote:For everyone going to the admitted students day, what are some good hotels in the Tallahasse area? Preferably within a 5-10 minute drive from the law school.

Oh and I got $100 dollars but i'm in Atlanta so I didn't expect to get anything lol


Look into the Doubletree or any other hotel downtown. It's very close to the law school campus, so it's good if you don't know the area.

I'm from FSU (undergrad and grad) and will be at ASD in February. If you guys have any questions about Tallahassee, feel free to ask. :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”