FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MichNole19
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby MichNole19 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm

There is an additional application for the Merit-based scholarships... It seems like very few got E-mailed the Merit Application...crossing my fingers for a second round of Merit Scholarship applications.

Side Note, Anyone heading up to Tallahassee on the 24th for Admitted Students Day?

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:21 pm

Mine had essay questions for need-based and merit based. I should be hearing back in a few weeks.

I don't think it would hurt to email them asking about the merit app

NoleGirl12 wrote:I got an email in January for a need-based aid application...is that the application you are talking about or is there a merit one too?



I actually have another Scholar's Day that weekend that I committed to earlier.

MichNole19 wrote:There is an additional application for the Merit-based scholarships... It seems like very few got E-mailed the Merit Application...crossing my fingers for a second round of Merit Scholarship applications.

Side Note, Anyone heading up to Tallahassee on the 24th for Admitted Students Day?

dillonjess
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby dillonjess » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:24 pm

Ill be making the trip for admitted students day.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:08 pm

Other than that one email that was more of an ad, has anyone gotten anything more about the asd? I may not be able to go now since I haven't heard anything else about it...

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:57 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:Other than that one email that was more of an ad, has anyone gotten anything more about the asd? I may not be able to go now since I haven't heard anything else about it...


No, nothing else, and I am getting antsy. Typical type A here, have to start planning, put in for that date at work, etc. And then again, I would imagine plenty of people in law school are the same way... :D

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:50 am

Dream Machine wrote:
jaysgirl42671 wrote:Other than that one email that was more of an ad, has anyone gotten anything more about the asd? I may not be able to go now since I haven't heard anything else about it...


No, nothing else, and I am getting antsy. Typical type A here, have to start planning, put in for that date at work, etc. And then again, I would imagine plenty of people in law school are the same way... :D


Absolutely. I need to have everything planned out, otherwise I'm anxious as hell.

JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby JK910 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm

MichNole19 wrote:There is an additional application for the Merit-based scholarships... It seems like very few got E-mailed the Merit Application...crossing my fingers for a second round of Merit Scholarship applications.

Side Note, Anyone heading up to Tallahassee on the 24th for Admitted Students Day?


Any current 1L's that can comment on whether there is usually a 2nd round of merit scholarship applications? Definitely disappointed that I wasn't chosen for an application.

Benjamin1987
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:42 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Benjamin1987 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Does FSU ever award in-State tuition?

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Yay, finally some ASD info!! I'm traveling from Brandon, though, so I'm trying to figure out if I want to come straight home afterwards, and if I'll stay in the area on Thursday night.

And finally got my packet - apparently some guy really near my house was also admitted, and our packets got stuck together. Nice to have something physical to show for my acceptance!!

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:44 pm

I'd like to hear from any students or currently admitted 0Ls who have chosen FSU over UF. I'm trying to my decision, and obviously will be taking visits to both schools, but on paper I'm having a hard time making a case for FSU. Granted, Tally is much more fun and laid back... but I don't think those reasons alone should constitute a decision.

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby georgia32 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:10 pm

I happen to have an UG test on admitted students day, otherwise I would probably go.

User avatar
texag1979
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby texag1979 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:39 pm

Anybody pick FSU over UTK? If so, what made the difference (aside from living/wanting to work in FL)?

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:13 pm

You mean Univeristy of Tennessee Knoxville?

Also I heard the longer you are complete without bieng reviewed is a bad sign. Anybody know anything about that?

LawStudent89
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby LawStudent89 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 pm

seminole2011 wrote:You mean Univeristy of Tennessee Knoxville?

Also I heard the longer you are complete without bieng reviewed is a bad sign. Anybody know anything about that?


That's just a rumor. No need to worry.

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:59 pm

LawStudent89 wrote:
seminole2011 wrote:You mean Univeristy of Tennessee Knoxville?

Also I heard the longer you are complete without bieng reviewed is a bad sign. Anybody know anything about that?


That's just a rumor. No need to worry.


I don't know status checker says you should hear something within 3 months of going complete and I've been complete 3 months on Thursday. My status has never been under review. It has not changed since going complete.

Swanky Knickers
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Swanky Knickers » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:15 am

Hi everyone!
I live in Tallahassee and am currently a senior at Florida State University, so if anyone has general questions about Tallahassee or even FSU, you can send them my way! :mrgreen:

User avatar
FreeLolita
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby FreeLolita » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:22 am

seminole2011 wrote:You mean Univeristy of Tennessee Knoxville?

Also I heard the longer you are complete without bieng reviewed is a bad sign. Anybody know anything about that?


No, he means University of Tokyo (UTK).

To the person who asked about in-state tuition, I have friends who got residency at FL public schools after one calendar year.

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:09 am

I've been complete since 1/9... no movements or updates since. Bad sign?

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:24 am

benburns214 wrote:I've been complete since 1/9... no movements or updates since. Bad sign?


Numbers?

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:34 am

Dream Machine wrote:
benburns214 wrote:I've been complete since 1/9... no movements or updates since. Bad sign?


Numbers?


156/3.4 Super strong softs though... has already gotten me into schools that I didnt think I could get into.

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Its Always Sunny » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:45 am

benburns214 wrote:
Dream Machine wrote:
benburns214 wrote:I've been complete since 1/9... no movements or updates since. Bad sign?


Numbers?


156/3.4 Super strong softs though... has already gotten me into schools that I didnt think I could get into.

It would depend on your softs. Honestly those numbers are a reject, but you never know.

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Its Always Sunny » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 am

texag1979 wrote:Anybody pick FSU over UTK? If so, what made the difference (aside from living/wanting to work in FL)?

That would be the only reason that these two schools should be considered. FSU= Florida or Tennessee= Tennessee. Where you go to school in these ranking will largely affect where you might get employed.

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby benburns214 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:53 am

Its Always Sunny wrote:
benburns214 wrote:
Dream Machine wrote:
benburns214 wrote:I've been complete since 1/9... no movements or updates since. Bad sign?


Numbers?


156/3.4 Super strong softs though... has already gotten me into schools that I didnt think I could get into.

It would depend on your softs. Honestly those numbers are a reject, but you never know.


Yeah but not an auto-reject I dont believe... i could sneak into that bottom 25%

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Burns to be honest man those numbers are not going to get you in at FSU. But I feel your pain with no movement. I have a 3.44 / 161 and solid softs and excellent LORs. I have been complete for 3 months and no movement.

Its Always Sunny
Posts: 91
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Its Always Sunny » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 pm

I'd say you are an auto reject maybe a waitlist. FSU favors high LSAT scores stronger than GPA. look at law school numbers and 158 looks like the cut off with a high GPA unless your an URM.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Christinabruin and 9 guests