FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jsvaughn
Posts: 181
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:52 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jsvaughn » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:06 am

held today, will be withdrawing on monday

User avatar
FreeLolita
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby FreeLolita » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:54 am

Johnlj56 wrote:Status Checker changed to "Held" 3.02/160

It says that this is "not a waitlist" Still not very encouraging.


It means they are sitting on your application and will wait to see if more qualified applicants join the pool, whereas a waitlist means they already have their desired yield in terms of the number of students accepted, and getting off the waitlist and getting admitted is a matter of people they have accepted deciding to go there or not. Holy run-on sentence Batman.

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:19 pm

I was wandering if anyone has had the same problem as me? I went complete on November 16th and my status checker has not changed since that time. I have solid softs and 2 excellent LORs. I also graduated from FSU in December with BS in Political Science and History Double Major. My LSDAS GPA is a 3.44 but my FSU GPA is a 3.74. I have a 161 LSAT. I feel like I have a decent shot at getting in at FSU. However I am concerned as to why I have not even been reviewed yet. The status checker says you should expect to hear back within 3 months of going complete and I have been complete for 2 and 1/2 months. Would the status checker change to under review if they had looked at my application at all?

User avatar
texag1979
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby texag1979 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:10 pm

seminole2011 wrote:I was wandering if anyone has had the same problem as me? I went complete on November 16th and my status checker has not changed since that time. I have solid softs and 2 excellent LORs. I also graduated from FSU in December with BS in Political Science and History Double Major. My LSDAS GPA is a 3.44 but my FSU GPA is a 3.74. I have a 161 LSAT. I feel like I have a decent shot at getting in at FSU. However I am concerned as to why I have not even been reviewed yet. The status checker says you should expect to hear back within 3 months of going complete and I have been complete for 2 and 1/2 months. Would the status checker change to under review if they had looked at my application at all?



I was in the same boat. I called after three months and they told me to wait longer. Within a couple of days my status changed to Hold. If you're worried about it, give them a call, but they'll get to you.

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:34 pm

seminole2011 wrote:I was wandering if anyone has had the same problem as me? I went complete on November 16th and my status checker has not changed since that time. I have solid softs and 2 excellent LORs. I also graduated from FSU in December with BS in Political Science and History Double Major. My LSDAS GPA is a 3.44 but my FSU GPA is a 3.74. I have a 161 LSAT. I feel like I have a decent shot at getting in at FSU. However I am concerned as to why I have not even been reviewed yet. The status checker says you should expect to hear back within 3 months of going complete and I have been complete for 2 and 1/2 months. Would the status checker change to under review if they had looked at my application at all?


FSU pulls applications based on strength. So there must be a number of applications that were stronger than yours that were reviewed or have yet to be reviewed. Based on this thread though, it seems like your application should have been pulled by now given your numbers. The popular opinion on this site holds that law schools are USNWR whores: They care only about your LSDAS GPA, not what you majored in or how many majors you had, not your school GPA, etc. It sucks; I know. I am in a similar spot as you with a number of other schools. Good luck though. If you look at numbers on this thread and previous years' FSU threads, you should have a really good shot at FSU.
Last edited by Dream Machine on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:39 pm

Well what determines so called strength? Just your GPA & LSAT? That can't be because if you look on Law-school-numbers people with much worse numbers have already been admitted. That begs to answer how do they determine strength without reviewing the whole app.

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:44 pm

seminole2011 wrote:Well what determines so called strength? Just your GPA & LSAT? That can't be because if you look on Law-school-numbers people with much worse numbers have already been admitted. That begs to answer how do they determine strength without reviewing the whole app.


lol Holy thread sniping, Batman!

Keep in mind they may be URMs. I was under the impression that strength was entirely GPA and LSAT. I might be wrong though. Maybe give them a call?

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:50 pm

Has anyone noted any type of movement in the status checker after going complete? I mean like "under review" or something? I know we are all in the same boat with the waiting game but it gets old. I have heard back from pretty much everyother school I applied to so far. For the ones I havent heard from their status checkers at least change as the process moves along.

ash0117
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby ash0117 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:56 am

My status checker never changed. I got an acceptance phone call and, about a week later, a snail mail letter. But i was accepted only a very short time after I applied and very early in the cycle so I don't know if it is different now.

foreveryoungx01
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby foreveryoungx01 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Just so you all know, scholarship info is coming out "on or around February 15." I called admissions to ask them.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Yea, thats what is says on the scholarship app too. For those that submit scholarship applications by the 30th, they will receive scholarship information by Feb 15.

foreveryoungx01 wrote:Just so you all know, scholarship info is coming out "on or around February 15." I called admissions to ask them.

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:10 pm

The scholarship app is only for admitted canidates correct?

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:49 am

I think so, but I can't say for sure because I was already admitted when I received it.

seminole2011 wrote:The scholarship app is only for admitted canidates correct?

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:34 pm

Status just changed to Under Review! How long did this stage take for most people?

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Geaux12 wrote:Status just changed to Under Review! How long did this stage take for most people?


I have been complete for over 2 and 1/2 months now with no movement. If you don't mind me asking what are your numbers? I'm 3.44 and 161.

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:35 pm

seminole2011 wrote:
Geaux12 wrote:Status just changed to Under Review! How long did this stage take for most people?


I have been complete for over 2 and 1/2 months now with no movement. If you don't mind me asking what are your numbers? I'm 3.44 and 161.


3.43 166

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby georgia32 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Under review 1/30, 163,3.34. How long does it usually take to go from under review to accepted/wl/reject normally?

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:52 pm

georgia32 wrote:Under review 1/30, 163,3.34. How long does it usually take to go from under review to accepted/wl/reject normally?


It was 1-2 days for me. First under review on Friday, got the phone call on Monday. Good luck!!!

Mnew22
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Mnew22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:04 pm

jsvaughn wrote:held today, will be withdrawing on monday


Image

seminole2011
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby seminole2011 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm

FSU has to have the slowest decision making process in the game.

JerichoJohnny
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby JerichoJohnny » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:29 pm

I know I've been complete since November or early December and no movement. FSU is probably my top choice so I'm very eager to hear something.

User avatar
FreeLolita
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby FreeLolita » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:32 pm

JerichoJohnny wrote:I know I've been complete since November or early December and no movement. FSU is probably my top choice so I'm very eager to hear something.


They pull applications based on strength. What are your numbers?

On an unrelated note, I got an email re: ASD and I know there are two dates for the accepted students thing, but does anyone have any information on how to RSVP and if they offer a travel stipend. I hate to be that guy, but I already know I'll have to take off work and spend a lot of money of gas and get a hotel if I go to either of them, which is why I am wondering.

User avatar
georgia32
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby georgia32 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:10 pm

No phone call today, and still under review. Hopefully tomorrow... or I might start getting worried.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:37 am

The invitation says they will send more information, but you can always email admissions to ask. Since the weekend is for all admitted students and not just scholars, they might not give stipends, but it never hurts to ask.

FreeLolita wrote:
JerichoJohnny wrote:I know I've been complete since November or early December and no movement. FSU is probably my top choice so I'm very eager to hear something.


They pull applications based on strength. What are your numbers?

On an unrelated note, I got an email re: ASD and I know there are two dates for the accepted students thing, but does anyone have any information on how to RSVP and if they offer a travel stipend. I hate to be that guy, but I already know I'll have to take off work and spend a lot of money of gas and get a hotel if I go to either of them, which is why I am wondering.

Geaux12
Posts: 416
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:56 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Geaux12 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:30 pm

Status just updated, decision made will arrive by mail. Anxious!

166 3.4 applied mid-January




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions and 9 guests