FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JK910
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby JK910 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Anybody else still waiting for scholarship paperwork/information?

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 pm

The scholarship application deadline is the end of the month, so for those who haven't received an offer to apply for a scholarship, its possible that you might not receive one.

JK910 wrote:Anybody else still waiting for scholarship paperwork/information?

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:09 am

JK910 wrote:Anybody else still waiting for scholarship paperwork/information?


Is this need-based or merit-based?

MichNole19
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby MichNole19 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:08 am

I was E-mailed the Need-Based application but not the Merit-Based Scholarship form :( Is FSU still having their scholars weekend? Has anyone been invitied to it? I was hoping that since that was normally held in Feb that perhaps my invitation to ASD on the 24th was a sign of a Merit Scholarship form in the works. Wishful thinking...

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 am

MichNole19 wrote:I was E-mailed the Need-Based application but not the Merit-Based Scholarship form :( Is FSU still having their scholars weekend? Has anyone been invitied to it? I was hoping that since that was normally held in Feb that perhaps my invitation to ASD on the 24th was a sign of a Merit Scholarship form in the works. Wishful thinking...


Yeah is there a distinction between the two applications? 3.81, 162 and also got the ASD invitation here so not too hopeful...

MichNole19
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby MichNole19 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:52 am

Yes, there is a difference it says on the application.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:28 pm

I think the weekend of the 24th is for all admitted students.

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:37 pm

cutecarmel wrote:I think the weekend of the 24th is for all admitted students.


I got the invite to this a short time ago? Did you get invited to this as well as financial aid? If yes, what were your numbers?

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:44 pm

Financial aid? Do you mean the scholarship app? Yea, I received it. 161 3.9

Dream Machine wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:I think the weekend of the 24th is for all admitted students.


I got the invite to this a short time ago? Did you get invited to this as well as financial aid? If yes, what were your numbers?

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:53 pm

cutecarmel wrote:Financial aid? Do you mean the scholarship app? Yea, I received it. 161 3.9

Dream Machine wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:I think the weekend of the 24th is for all admitted students.


I got the invite to this a short time ago? Did you get invited to this as well as financial aid? If yes, what were your numbers?


This sort of begs the question of how they make scholarship decisions. A 161 is below FSU's median from last year, which was 162...

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Well if you didn't mean to come off as a jackass, you pretty much failed.
I have a double major, kickass LORs, and insane amount of work and service experience, I speak Spanish, my PS was tailored to FSU, and I applied early...its not always a number game.

Dream Machine wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:Financial aid? Do you mean the scholarship app? Yea, I received it. 161 3.9

Dream Machine wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:I think the weekend of the 24th is for all admitted students.


I got the invite to this a short time ago? Did you get invited to this as well as financial aid? If yes, what were your numbers?


I meant to type merit-based aid aka scholarships. I wonder why you received the merit-based app when others with similar, and at times better, numbers did not... Afterall, your LSAT is below last year's median. Hmmmm....

vguerra
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby vguerra » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:48 pm

[quote="cutecarmel"]Well if you didn't mean to come off as a jackass, you pretty much failed.
I have a double major, kickass LORs, and insane amount of work and service experience, I speak Spanish, my PS was tailored to FSU, and I applied early...its not always a number game.

Preachhhhhhhh!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that comment was way rude. See you at ASD :)

User avatar
FreeLolita
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby FreeLolita » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:29 pm

Dream Machine wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:Financial aid? Do you mean the scholarship app? Yea, I received it. 161 3.9

Dream Machine wrote:
cutecarmel wrote:I think the weekend of the 24th is for all admitted students.


I got the invite to this a short time ago? Did you get invited to this as well as financial aid? If yes, what were your numbers?


This sort of begs the question of how they make scholarship decisions. A 161 is below FSU's median from last year, which was 162...


If you look in her profile, you will see that she is a URM, Dream Machine. It is going to be a long cycle if you do not come to terms with URM admissions.

jdn06
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jdn06 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Greetings from an FSU College of Law Student Ambassador!

Some of you may have already received an e-mail from me congratulating you on your acceptance. I see there is a little confusion concerning Scholars Day. There is not a Scholars Day any more, we are having two admitted students days. Every admitted student is invited to both events 2/24 and 3/30 – whichever you can attend as it will be the same programming. So again no worries, there is not a Scholars Day and it doesn't indicate funding or lack thereof.

If you haven't already join our c/o 2015 Admitted Students Facebook page to stay updated!

Jay Neal
2012 Juris Doctor Candidate
Florida State University College of Law

User avatar
Prospect
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Prospect » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 pm

I pretty much wrote FSU off as my numbers don't quite match up, 158 3.73 but in sending the app I realized I had a hidden fee-waiver, is this indicative of anything or am I just being hopeful? I know some people who have had much higher LSAT scores who have attended the same undergrad as me and did not receive one. Again, this is not a humble brag by any means as I'm way below par in my LSAT and am aware, I'm just curious.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby noleknight16 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Prospect wrote:I pretty much wrote FSU off as my numbers don't quite match up, 158 3.73 but in sending the app I realized I had a hidden fee-waiver, is this indicative of anything or am I just being hopeful? I know some people who have had much higher LSAT scores who have attended the same undergrad as me and did not receive one. Again, this is not a humble brag by any means as I'm way below par in my LSAT and am aware, I'm just curious.


Those numbers sound like waitlist. I think it's worth a shot

User avatar
biguncled
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby biguncled » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Wondering if any of y'all December takers have heard back yet? I sent my application in right after the scores were released on January 6th and it's still "Application Complete", not Under Review. My numbers are right around the 50th Percentile LSAT / GPA mark.

kgd91589
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby kgd91589 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:19 pm

I applied in September and I went under review a few weeks ago. I was put on HOLD. Does this mean I don't have as good of a chance of getting in? When will I probably hear an official answer? FSU is my definitive #1 choice for law school. 160 LSAT, 3.14 GPA with 3 LORs. What kind of shot do I have of being accepted? I know posts like this are annoying, but I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank You.

User avatar
cutecarmel
Posts: 599
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby cutecarmel » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:22 pm

I don't think that fee waivers provide indications of admissions, but if you have $16 to spare, why not? It might take a while to hear back though

Prospect wrote:I pretty much wrote FSU off as my numbers don't quite match up, 158 3.73 but in sending the app I realized I had a hidden fee-waiver, is this indicative of anything or am I just being hopeful? I know some people who have had much higher LSAT scores who have attended the same undergrad as me and did not receive one. Again, this is not a humble brag by any means as I'm way below par in my LSAT and am aware, I'm just curious.


I think your chances are pretty decent, but I can't give you anything definate, of course. Hold is better than waitlist. I think for waitlists, they are basically waiting for better applicants to drop out, but for hold, you have a better chance for admissions. I don't think it would hurt to call/send an email asking if they want additional materials from you. If nothing else, it will at least show you are interested.

kgd91589 wrote:I applied in September and I went under review a few weeks ago. I was put on HOLD. Does this mean I don't have as good of a chance of getting in? When will I probably hear an official answer? FSU is my definitive #1 choice for law school. 160 LSAT, 3.14 GPA with 3 LORs. What kind of shot do I have of being accepted? I know posts like this are annoying, but I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank You.

jaysgirl42671
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby jaysgirl42671 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:26 pm

How long did it take everyone to get their accepted students packet? I can't believe that it would take this long to get it ...

LawStudent89
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby LawStudent89 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Officially my one month anniversary of going complete. Hoping to see some movement on my application status soon!

Dream Machine
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Dream Machine » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:16 pm

jaysgirl42671 wrote:How long did it take everyone to get their accepted students packet? I can't believe that it would take this long to get it ...


The packet arrived in my mail box exactly 10 days after the phone call. I remember because I wanted to make sure my acceptance was not a mistake on their part lol.

User avatar
texag1979
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby texag1979 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:20 pm

kgd91589 wrote:I applied in September and I went under review a few weeks ago. I was put on HOLD. Does this mean I don't have as good of a chance of getting in? When will I probably hear an official answer? FSU is my definitive #1 choice for law school. 160 LSAT, 3.14 GPA with 3 LORs. What kind of shot do I have of being accepted? I know posts like this are annoying, but I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank You.


lawschoolnumbers.com should give you an idea if you aren't already on there. I hope everything works out for you.

User avatar
Johnlj56
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby Johnlj56 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:39 pm

Status Checker changed to "Held" 3.02/160

It says that this is "not a waitlist" Still not very encouraging.

User avatar
texag1979
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: FSU c/o 2015 applicants

Postby texag1979 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:36 am

Changed to HOLD today. Hmm. Is that like the waiting list for the waiting list?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”