GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ganggreen
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:40 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ganggreen » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:17 pm

ganggreen wrote:Stuck at complete 12/2, anything I should do?


Never mind, updated to 3/2 complete today.

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gavinstevens » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Offered 60K over three years, will be withdrawing soon, hope one of you gets my cash.

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby clarion » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 pm

gavinstevens wrote:Offered 60K over three years, will be withdrawing soon, hope one of you gets my cash.


Same. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crabcakes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:30 am

clarion wrote:
gavinstevens wrote:Offered 60K over three years, will be withdrawing soon, hope one of you gets my cash.


Same. Good luck everyone!


+1. Received $20k/year.
Last edited by crabcakes on Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
junm
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby junm » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:31 am

crabcakes wrote:
clarion wrote:
gavinstevens wrote:Offered 60K over three years, will be withdrawing soon, hope one of you gets my cash.


Same. Good luck everyone!


+1. Received $20k/year. 169/3.65


Was this merit or need-based aid?

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crabcakes » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:36 am

Merit

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby clarion » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:12 am

Also merit

User avatar
junm
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby junm » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:31 am

I emailed them about need-based, they said mid to late March. In case anyone else was wondering. So hopefully soon.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:55 am

crabcakes wrote:Merit


email or post?

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:05 am

When they asked for scholly offers from other schools, I told them about WUSTLs gargantuan offer. Now i think I might get no-offered at GW because they wont match it and they wont think im coming.

I have been waiting for QUITE a while.

Who knows.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

T00L wrote: Now i think I might get no-offered at GW because they wont match it and they wont think im coming.


This is a good point and something I hadn't considered when I told them where else I'd been accepted (in order to negotiate a GW scholarship). Maybe they'll think I wouldn't come to GW, so they won't offer me anything?

Let's hope we both get an offer soon :)

LilCanadianKid
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LilCanadianKid » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 am

Admitted 2 weeks ago. In the letter it mentioned that all files are considered for financial awards. If I havent heard anything by now, should I assume I'm not getting anything? 3.0/169.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:39 am

LilCanadianKid wrote:Admitted 2 weeks ago. In the letter it mentioned that all files are considered for financial awards. If I havent heard anything by now, should I assume I'm not getting anything? 3.0/169.


You can try emailing them, which I did a couple weeks ago. In their response they said that scholarship offers will be coming out "in the coming weeks," so I don't think they've finished making offers yet.

User avatar
doceydoe
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:25 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby doceydoe » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 am

Does anyone mind posting the link the Gw's status checker?

sangr
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sangr » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

crumpledq wrote:
LilCanadianKid wrote:Admitted 2 weeks ago. In the letter it mentioned that all files are considered for financial awards. If I havent heard anything by now, should I assume I'm not getting anything? 3.0/169.


You can try emailing them, which I did a couple weeks ago. In their response they said that scholarship offers will be coming out "in the coming weeks," so I don't think they've finished making offers yet.



wait, im sorry but for GW, does that mean many scholarship offers were not given out initially?
or

is the norm that they generally send out money with acceptances, and give leftover money for later?

thanks

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 pm

sangr wrote:
crumpledq wrote:
LilCanadianKid wrote:Admitted 2 weeks ago. In the letter it mentioned that all files are considered for financial awards. If I havent heard anything by now, should I assume I'm not getting anything? 3.0/169.


You can try emailing them, which I did a couple weeks ago. In their response they said that scholarship offers will be coming out "in the coming weeks," so I don't think they've finished making offers yet.



wait, im sorry but for GW, does that mean many scholarship offers were not given out initially?
or

is the norm that they generally send out money with acceptances, and give leftover money for later?

thanks


I'm not sure exactly, but you can tell from the LSN updates that it seems GW has been releasing scholarships every few days for the past couple weeks. Some folks seem to have recently received scholarship offers that were not in their original acceptance packages.

User avatar
junm
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby junm » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:18 pm

doceydoe wrote:Does anyone mind posting the link the Gw's status checker?


https://aces.law.gwu.edu/YourStatus/mem ... dl9HPbk%3D

tlsfuntimes
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tlsfuntimes » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Anyone have any wisdom on the waitlist? I applied early admission and was immediately wait listed (back in January). 165 / 3.5 fm Berk.

User avatar
law4vus
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:35 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law4vus » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:32 pm

aringer99 wrote:Anyone have any wisdom on the waitlist? I applied early admission and was immediately wait listed (back in January). 165 / 3.5 fm Berk.


I was admitted off of the WL last year. What wisdom would you like?

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:36 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Offered 48k... Makes me laugh considering I got 120k from WUSTL and 75k from vandy

skitlets
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:10 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby skitlets » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:52 pm

Haven't even gotten an offer yet and I was accepted back in December.

User avatar
Jaeger
Posts: 391
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Jaeger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:47 am

law4vus wrote:
aringer99 wrote:Anyone have any wisdom on the waitlist? I applied early admission and was immediately wait listed (back in January). 165 / 3.5 fm Berk.


I was admitted off of the WL last year. What wisdom would you like?



Did you do anything special to get off or do you think you had nothing to do with it? (Besides your initial file.)

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby whatismylife » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:33 pm

skitlets wrote:Haven't even gotten an offer yet and I was accepted back in December.


+1. There's no freaking way I'm paying sticker.

User avatar
crumpledq
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpledq » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

whatismylife wrote:
skitlets wrote:Haven't even gotten an offer yet and I was accepted back in December.


+1. There's no freaking way I'm paying sticker.


Agreed. I told them about my scholarship from Georgetown and all they said was "we'll add this to your file." What's up, GW? I thought you liked me...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Ferrisjso, Google Adsense [Bot], JazzyMac, momoko and 6 guests