GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jhw219
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jhw219 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:24 pm

sorry to those who got dinged today. would any of you mind sharing your complete days?

jcdjgd
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:41 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jcdjgd » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 pm

.
Last edited by jcdjgd on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ajg012
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:21 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ajg012 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:36 pm

jhw219 wrote:sorry to those who got dinged today. would any of you mind sharing your complete days?

Dinged today, complete date 1/4/2012

harris56
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby harris56 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:41 pm

for those who were dinged, was it by email or snail mail?

ajg012
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:21 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ajg012 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 pm

harris56 wrote:for those who were dinged, was it by email or snail mail?

If it helps, I'm an international applicant, rejected by Email.

kcirdor01
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kcirdor01 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 am

Re-checked the mail today: received a single letter on the 17th in a standard envelope and was accepted through ED. Stoked!

mikeshepardson
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mikeshepardson » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 am

Don't know if this happened to anyone else - but my spam filter blocked emails from GW. Might be worth looking in there if you are expecting emails from them and did not receive.

User avatar
wendys27
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wendys27 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Just got in via snail mail... RD

skolks
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby skolks » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:37 pm

wendys27 wrote:Just got in via snail mail... RD


Congrats! Did you have any change in your status checker?

User avatar
commonpleas
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby commonpleas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 pm

kcirdor01 wrote:Re-checked the mail today: received a single letter on the 17th in a standard envelope and was accepted through ED. Stoked!


Congratulations! Could you elaborate on what you mean by "standard"? I travel for work every week so I can't check my mail during the week and my roommate (whom I've driven crazy with my constant requests to check the mail) says I have a letter from GWU but it's plain white, regular-sized with navy/black writing. Patience is not a virtue of mine, waiting for my flight home is going to be torture today.

daniel751
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby daniel751 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 pm

commonpleas wrote:
kcirdor01 wrote:Re-checked the mail today: received a single letter on the 17th in a standard envelope and was accepted through ED. Stoked!


Congratulations! Could you elaborate on what you mean by "standard"? I travel for work every week so I can't check my mail during the week and my roommate (whom I've driven crazy with my constant requests to check the mail) says I have a letter from GWU but it's plain white, regular-sized with navy/black writing. Patience is not a virtue of mine, waiting for my flight home is going to be torture today.


Not to get your hopes up or anything but my acceptance letter was just a plain envelope... So it could go either way

User avatar
commonpleas
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby commonpleas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 pm

daniel751 wrote:
commonpleas wrote:
kcirdor01 wrote:Re-checked the mail today: received a single letter on the 17th in a standard envelope and was accepted through ED. Stoked!


Congratulations! Could you elaborate on what you mean by "standard"? I travel for work every week so I can't check my mail during the week and my roommate (whom I've driven crazy with my constant requests to check the mail) says I have a letter from GWU but it's plain white, regular-sized with navy/black writing. Patience is not a virtue of mine, waiting for my flight home is going to be torture today.


Not to get your hopes up or anything but my acceptance letter was just a plain envelope... So it could go either way


Bit the bullet and had him open it...in! With a nice personal note at the bottom.

IPRaj
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IPRaj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:44 pm

commonpleas wrote:
daniel751 wrote:
commonpleas wrote:
kcirdor01 wrote:Re-checked the mail today: received a single letter on the 17th in a standard envelope and was accepted through ED. Stoked!


Congratulations! Could you elaborate on what you mean by "standard"? I travel for work every week so I can't check my mail during the week and my roommate (whom I've driven crazy with my constant requests to check the mail) says I have a letter from GWU but it's plain white, regular-sized with navy/black writing. Patience is not a virtue of mine, waiting for my flight home is going to be torture today.


Not to get your hopes up or anything but my acceptance letter was just a plain envelope... So it could go either way


Congrats! Can you confirm that you were accepted ED?
Bit the bullet and had him open it...in! With a nice personal note at the bottom.

daniel751
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby daniel751 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:53 pm

commonpleas wrote:
daniel751 wrote:
commonpleas wrote:
kcirdor01 wrote:Re-checked the mail today: received a single letter on the 17th in a standard envelope and was accepted through ED. Stoked!


Congratulations! Could you elaborate on what you mean by "standard"? I travel for work every week so I can't check my mail during the week and my roommate (whom I've driven crazy with my constant requests to check the mail) says I have a letter from GWU but it's plain white, regular-sized with navy/black writing. Patience is not a virtue of mine, waiting for my flight home is going to be torture today.


Not to get your hopes up or anything but my acceptance letter was just a plain envelope... So it could go either way


Bit the bullet and had him open it...in! With a nice personal note at the bottom.


That's great , congrats... Now you get to celebrate on the plane!

User avatar
commonpleas
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby commonpleas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:01 pm

daniel751 wrote:
commonpleas wrote:
daniel751 wrote:Not to get your hopes up or anything but my acceptance letter was just a plain envelope... So it could go either way


Bit the bullet and had him open it...in! With a nice personal note at the bottom.


That's great , congrats... Now you get to celebrate on the plane!


Thanks! And you read my mind...first class upgrade going to be so clutch in facilitating the celebrating.

daniel751
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby daniel751 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:55 pm

commonpleas wrote:
daniel751 wrote:
commonpleas wrote:
daniel751 wrote:Not to get your hopes up or anything but my acceptance letter was just a plain envelope... So it could go either way


Bit the bullet and had him open it...in! With a nice personal note at the bottom.


That's great , congrats... Now you get to celebrate on the plane!


Thanks! And you read my mind...first class upgrade going to be so clutch in facilitating the celebrating.


I just read that while sitting at my desk at work.... bastard hahaha

User avatar
hoos89
Posts: 1969
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:09 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hoos89 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:35 pm

/
Last edited by hoos89 on Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

harris56
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby harris56 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:50 pm

Just got my acceptance letter :) Applied ED but admitted regular decison. Dont think I can afford sticker price.

longbordr52
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby longbordr52 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:45 pm

harris56 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter :) Applied ED but admitted regular decison. Dont think I can afford sticker price.


That's alarming. I thought if their deal was that if you applied ED and were accepted, you're in ED! Otherwise, I thought they would just put you back with the regular decision and let you know later. Now you're telling me it's possible they'll accept you regular even though you applied ED?

longbordr52
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby longbordr52 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:50 pm

harris56 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter :) Applied ED but admitted regular decison. Dont think I can afford sticker price.


Oh, and I forgot to say. Congrats!!!

IPRaj
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IPRaj » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:10 pm

I just got my acceptance email, but still haven't received notice via snail mail (in CA). I applied ED, but I don't know if I was accepted ED or RD. Does anyone know if you can check your status on the accepted student's website?

Thanks!

harris56
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby harris56 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:00 pm

longbordr52 wrote:
harris56 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter :) Applied ED but admitted regular decison. Dont think I can afford sticker price.


Oh, and I forgot to say. Congrats!!!



Thats what im saying, and thanks

harris56
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:27 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby harris56 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:02 pm

IPRaj wrote:I just got my acceptance email, but still haven't received notice via snail mail (in CA). I applied ED, but I don't know if I was accepted ED or RD. Does anyone know if you can check your status on the accepted student's website?

Thanks!



Im in California as well and got my letter today. I would say wait until tomorrow or monday to get ur smail mail letter so you know if it was ED or regular admission. My letter was dated the 13th

longbordr52
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby longbordr52 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:35 pm

harris56 wrote:
longbordr52 wrote:
harris56 wrote:Just got my acceptance letter :) Applied ED but admitted regular decison. Dont think I can afford sticker price.


Oh, and I forgot to say. Congrats!!!



Thats what im saying, and thanks


I just got the same letter, same deal. My fault for reading too much into their ED application. I'm glad to be accepted, but no way can I afford (or would consider) sticker price. Good luck to everyone!!

User avatar
ScoutFinch
Posts: 109
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:34 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScoutFinch » Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:43 am

IN today via email and snail! Applied 12/5, status checker hasn't updated since 12/27, 168/3.49. So excited, can't wait to visit DC!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, eck456, fancyfluter22, itshandled, smartmoon, stratton_oakmont, VapidP and 18 guests