GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
northside
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby northside » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:03 am

I'd say it sounds like right now if you applied ED no news is good news. Congrats!

And sorry uptown. I put my foot in my mouth on that one :-/

sangr
Posts: 459
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sangr » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:46 am

hey guys

i got the acceptance letter about a month ago yet i have not received anything else (other than the acceptance e-mail)

i am curious to know if i got a scholarship or anything yet i only got a single letter.

is this normal for everyone else too?

thanks!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:58 pm

sangr wrote:hey guys

i got the acceptance letter about a month ago yet i have not received anything else (other than the acceptance e-mail)

i am curious to know if i got a scholarship or anything yet i only got a single letter.

is this normal for everyone else too?

thanks!


I got my acceptance in November, the e-mail in December, and nothing since

brandon-sa
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brandon-sa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:07 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
sangr wrote:hey guys

i got the acceptance letter about a month ago yet i have not received anything else (other than the acceptance e-mail)

i am curious to know if i got a scholarship or anything yet i only got a single letter.

is this normal for everyone else too?

thanks!


I got my acceptance in November, the e-mail in December, and nothing since



ED?

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
sangr wrote:hey guys

i got the acceptance letter about a month ago yet i have not received anything else (other than the acceptance e-mail)

i am curious to know if i got a scholarship or anything yet i only got a single letter.

is this normal for everyone else too?

thanks!


I got my acceptance in November, the e-mail in December, and nothing since


+1. I called and they said they would send out an admit packet with financial aid information at the end of January.

EDIT: Non-ED.

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freaknroll » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Seems most with my numbers have been rejected this cycle though. Don't think I'm going to try and ride this one out.
Last edited by freaknroll on Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crabcakes » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:03 pm

just got an email that i'm being considered for a scholarship woop! said they'll start making offers in feb.

User avatar
mithriliel
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mithriliel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 pm

crabcakes wrote:just got an email that i'm being considered for a scholarship woop! said they'll start making offers in feb.

Same! Time to start putting together more to submit... Just when you think applications are done, you get to start applying for the scholarships!

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:14 pm

^ haha, I was thinking the same thing

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:15 pm

crabcakes wrote:just got an email that i'm being considered for a scholarship woop! said they'll start making offers in feb.


Same. I'm not sending anything other than an updated transcript and my offer from Fordham.

lsdream
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lsdream » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:24 pm

crabcakes wrote:just got an email that i'm being considered for a scholarship woop! said they'll start making offers in feb.


Me too.

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:46 pm

mithriliel wrote:
crabcakes wrote:just got an email that i'm being considered for a scholarship woop! said they'll start making offers in feb.

Same! Time to start putting together more to submit... Just when you think applications are done, you get to start applying for the scholarships!


Would you guys mind posting your numbers?

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby clarion » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:52 am

luxxe wrote:
crabcakes wrote:just got an email that i'm being considered for a scholarship woop! said they'll start making offers in feb.


Same. I'm not sending anything other than an updated transcript and my offer from Fordham.


Also got the email, but question: Does anyone know specifically which schools GW considers to be "peers"? I got half as much as Luxxe did from Fordham, so if I sent them that, how likely is it that they'd see my 45,000 from Fordham and be like "lol okayy...? Good for you?" And more importantly, if Fordham does NOT bode well for comparison, which schools do you all think would work instead?

Additionally, I know I can look this up myself, but I've spent so many hours today looking up Michigan stuff (>_>) that I figured I might as well ask just in case someone already knows the answer :P

littlepanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby littlepanda » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:20 am

freaknroll wrote:Waitlisted last night with a 3.4, 167. Seems most with my numbers have been rejected this cycle though. Don't think I'm going to try and ride this one out.


i'm waitlisted with a 3.2/167
ah well

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 pm

Got an e-mail late last night saying that I am being considered for a merit scholarship and that the committee will start meeting early February. The e-mail said the scholarships range from 5-25k per year for a max of 12-75k per year.... so is it true that the max you can receive is only 75k? I received 105k from a similarly ranked school

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:05 pm

littlepanda wrote:
freaknroll wrote:Waitlisted last night with a 3.4, 167. Seems most with my numbers have been rejected this cycle though. Don't think I'm going to try and ride this one out.


i'm waitlisted with a 3.2/167
ah well

when did you both apply? i have no news with a 3.2/167. applied end of october. very strong softs/we. i did email them to expect my fall transcripts that will raise my gpa ~.09 so maybe they are waiting for that to decide?

User avatar
mithriliel
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mithriliel » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:11 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Got an e-mail late last night saying that I am being considered for a merit scholarship and that the committee will start meeting early February. The e-mail said the scholarships range from 5-25k per year for a max of 12-75k per year.... so is it true that the max you can receive is only 75k? I received 105k from a similarly ranked school

I'm guessing you mean the $5-$25/year ($15-$75) which I took to mean over the 3 years? That surprised me too, I mean UCLA is offering 20k/year and I'm applying for vandy's full+5k stipend, it's surprising gw isn't planning on being more competitive. I would love gw for the area but if I am able to get more from a higher ranked school I'll have to think a bit more

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freaknroll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:13 pm

lrslayer wrote:
littlepanda wrote:
freaknroll wrote:Waitlisted last night with a 3.4, 167. Seems most with my numbers have been rejected this cycle though. Don't think I'm going to try and ride this one out.


i'm waitlisted with a 3.2/167
ah well

when did you both apply? i have no news with a 3.2/167. applied end of october. very strong softs/we. i did email them to expect my fall transcripts that will raise my gpa ~.09 so maybe they are waiting for that to decide?



I was complete a couple of days after thanksgiving.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:16 pm

freaknroll wrote:
lrslayer wrote:
littlepanda wrote:
freaknroll wrote:Waitlisted last night with a 3.4, 167. Seems most with my numbers have been rejected this cycle though. Don't think I'm going to try and ride this one out.


i'm waitlisted with a 3.2/167
ah well

when did you both apply? i have no news with a 3.2/167. applied end of october. very strong softs/we. i did email them to expect my fall transcripts that will raise my gpa ~.09 so maybe they are waiting for that to decide?



I was complete a couple of days after thanksgiving.

hm. i was complete long before that. maybe they like my usmc background. or maybe its a straight rejection for me. meh.

freaknroll
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freaknroll » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:19 pm

With how crazy expensive that place is I'm not heartbroken I didnt get in.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm

freaknroll wrote:With how crazy expensive that place is I'm not heartbroken I didnt get in.

i probably would not attend either. there was a thread by a gw student a while ago bitchin about the school that has scared me a bit. but who knows.

littlepanda
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:51 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby littlepanda » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:37 pm

lrslayer wrote:
littlepanda wrote:
freaknroll wrote:Waitlisted last night with a 3.4, 167. Seems most with my numbers have been rejected this cycle though. Don't think I'm going to try and ride this one out.


i'm waitlisted with a 3.2/167
ah well

when did you both apply? i have no news with a 3.2/167. applied end of october. very strong softs/we. i did email them to expect my fall transcripts that will raise my gpa ~.09 so maybe they are waiting for that to decide?


i applied at the end of november, average softs/we. sorry to hear it's taking so long for you get any notice.

daniel751
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby daniel751 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:55 pm

No good, I haven't heard anything about $ yet. If I have to pay anything close to sticker it looks like ill be working on 14th street between 2-5 am.

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gavinstevens » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:55 pm

mithriliel wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Got an e-mail late last night saying that I am being considered for a merit scholarship and that the committee will start meeting early February. The e-mail said the scholarships range from 5-25k per year for a max of 12-75k per year.... so is it true that the max you can receive is only 75k? I received 105k from a similarly ranked school

I'm guessing you mean the $5-$25/year ($15-$75) which I took to mean over the 3 years? That surprised me too, I mean UCLA is offering 20k/year and I'm applying for vandy's full+5k stipend, it's surprising gw isn't planning on being more competitive. I would love gw for the area but if I am able to get more from a higher ranked school I'll have to think a bit more


+1

I also got the email.

Many applicants with my numbers, as well as msblaw's, got 105 last year.

IPRaj
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 am

Re: GW c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IPRaj » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:32 pm

Anyone hear anything regarding ED today? Their clock runs out this Sunday.... Last year they notified those accepted ED via email. Anyone know if it is going to be via email, phone, or snail mail this year?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Kaziende and 7 guests