American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tlsforumlaw
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tlsforumlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 pm

my status update changed again today for the fourth time since early January. Has this happened to anyone?

mjpennin
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 am

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mjpennin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 pm

tlsforumlaw wrote:my status update changed again today for the fourth time since early January. Has this happened to anyone?


I was updated on the 30th of Jan to complete and then again on the 2nd, 10th and 15th of Feb. Not sure what it means if anything but I am using everything I can to distract myself and not get to hung up on it.

tlsforumlaw
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tlsforumlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:53 pm

mjpennin wrote:
tlsforumlaw wrote:my status update changed again today for the fourth time since early January. Has this happened to anyone?


I was updated on the 30th of Jan to complete and then again on the 2nd, 10th and 15th of Feb. Not sure what it means if anything but I am using everything I can to distract myself and not get to hung up on it.


are you applying FT or PT?

mjpennin
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:21 am

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mjpennin » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:57 pm

tlsforumlaw wrote:
are you applying FT or PT?



PT, numbers not so good and would like to work while in school to help out with the COL

tlsforumlaw
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tlsforumlaw » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:14 pm

mjpennin wrote:
tlsforumlaw wrote:
are you applying FT or PT?



PT, numbers not so good and would like to work while in school to help out with the COL


I seee, yes me too since im working as well

dreambig
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 am

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dreambig » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Waitlisted

bobdole11
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bobdole11 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:17 pm

dreambig wrote:Waitlisted


Stats? I wonder what 161/3.4 aka exactly at (full GPA slightly above) American's medians... will result in.. still waiting.

dreambig
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 am

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dreambig » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

bobdole11 wrote:
dreambig wrote:Waitlisted


Stats? I wonder what 161/3.4 aka exactly at (full GPA slightly above) American's medians... will result in.. still waiting.


Literally identical to yours. And with pretty great softs. Prestigious internship at top NLJ250 law firm, great recs, strong personal stmt, and plenty of leadership experience. #annoyed

User avatar
cch24
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cch24 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Waitlisted. 166/3.2/URM. Withdrawn because I'm either going to Georgetown, UT, or BU.

Good luck to all that are waiting!

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sdphill » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Just got WL at American...

PoliticalJunkie73
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PoliticalJunkie73 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:35 pm

dreambig wrote:
bobdole11 wrote:
dreambig wrote:Waitlisted


Stats? I wonder what 161/3.4 aka exactly at (full GPA slightly above) American's medians... will result in.. still waiting.


Literally identical to yours. And with pretty great softs. Prestigious internship at top NLJ250 law firm, great recs, strong personal stmt, and plenty of leadership experience. #annoyed


WL also.

tmack002
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmack002 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:41 pm

I just got wait listed.

3.39/ 160 URM with an MBA and WE

SomethingSpecial
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby SomethingSpecial » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Waitlisted as well.

bobdole11
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bobdole11 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Yea, waitlisted too... 3.4/161

User avatar
cjb0502
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cjb0502 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:54 pm

WL here, too.

Is this YP? (3.1/174/3yrs public interest WE)

I'm probably going to withdraw since I already got accepted to GW. would have considered AU for $, but there's probably no real chance of getting much if admitted off the waitlist, right?

WDH
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WDH » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 pm

0_o
Last edited by WDH on Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thestereocupid
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thestereocupid » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:19 pm

***
Last edited by thestereocupid on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TIKITEMBO
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TIKITEMBO » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:20 pm

WL as well. Pretty quick turn around for me. Applied FT, but would be happy for the FT or PT program (155ish/3.7ish non-URM and lots of PI work experience/community involvement). I'm guessing my GPA and softs saved me. Interested in using IBR/PSLF so I'm not really worried about scholarships and American's LRAP is nice.

Good luck everyone.

User avatar
sikemenow
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:45 am

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sikemenow » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Haha also waitlisted. Applied 1/10.

LA626
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LA626 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Waitlisted too.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:28 pm

withdrew guys. good luck!

User avatar
hob12
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hob12 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:36 am

bobdole11 wrote:Yea, waitlisted too... 3.4/161


What do you guys think is up with AU? I'm wait listed at 161/3.66. We're basically at their mediums, and I know I have strong ties to the school, so they knew there was a good shot id attend.

tallis9341
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:51 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tallis9341 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:03 pm

WL too - 160/3.79 UGPA w/ an MA from an elite school, and 4.5 years work experience in WCL's strongest area (and local). I would've gone there in five seconds if they'd have given me $.

User avatar
dproduct
Posts: 4087
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dproduct » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:27 pm

hob12 wrote:
bobdole11 wrote:Yea, waitlisted too... 3.4/161


What do you guys think is up with AU? I'm wait listed at 161/3.66. We're basically at their mediums, and I know I have strong ties to the school, so they knew there was a good shot id attend.


Probably because they've accepted tons of kids above their medians, but we haven't received our financial aid offers (need and merit). They come out in March, I expect tons of withdrawals, and as a result, a ton of people being pulled off WL.

yg13
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Re: American c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby yg13 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:36 pm

I was waitlisted as well.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: luckydayahead, Pomegranate27, Rich Uncle Skeleton, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests