Notre Dame Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:07 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:3/8-----3/26-----3/30 Decision Rendered.

Anyone else?


Has your status checker changed at all? That is, are there dates showing for fees or new mailing dates?

I went decision made, myself! But nothing else has changed, so I think that means "ding!"

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Nothing else changed....I am thinking WL actually....did things change for admits?

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Not sure.... It does say on the status check that they mail your decision. But I have no mailing date....

Wasntmedude
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Wasntmedude » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:3/8-----3/26-----3/30 Decision Rendered.

Anyone else?


Has your status checker changed at all? That is, are there dates showing for fees or new mailing dates?

I went decision made, myself! But nothing else has changed, so I think that means "ding!"


2/22 --- 3/8 --- 3/26 --- 3/30 Decision Rendered Today. Hoping to receive something in the mail early next week. The wait is killing me.

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Wasntmedude wrote:
BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:3/8-----3/26-----3/30 Decision Rendered.

Anyone else?


Has your status checker changed at all? That is, are there dates showing for fees or new mailing dates?

I went decision made, myself! But nothing else has changed, so I think that means "ding!"


2/22 --- 3/8 --- 3/26 --- 3/30 Decision Rendered Today. Hoping to receive something in the mail early next week. The wait is killing me.


Any change in deposit dates? Or mailing dates?

Wasntmedude
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Wasntmedude » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:51 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:
Wasntmedude wrote:
BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:
FinallyGoing wrote:3/8-----3/26-----3/30 Decision Rendered.

Anyone else?


Has your status checker changed at all? That is, are there dates showing for fees or new mailing dates?

I went decision made, myself! But nothing else has changed, so I think that means "ding!"


2/22 --- 3/8 --- 3/26 --- 3/30 Decision Rendered Today. Hoping to receive something in the mail early next week. The wait is killing me.


Any change in deposit dates? Or mailing dates?


No update on any additional info sorry. It only says, "Decision Made". Gooosh.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby FinallyGoing » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:16 pm

It would be cool if an admit or WL could chime in on this....

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mattviphky » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:27 pm

still wl'd...its been 4.5 months...probably going to be a couple more.

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:31 pm

mattviphky wrote:still wl'd...its been 4.5 months...probably going to be a couple more.



They WLed you by snail mail!?

User avatar
3toilettiers
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby 3toilettiers » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 am

166 LSAT, 3.19GPA. Accepted this week with 18,000 a year Fellowship. Had totally forgotten about applying here and got a big packet in the mail yesterday. I'm very surprised at the offer with my crap numbers.

Would have gone to a lesser school in California for the Hollywood sunshine but the fellowship and Notre Dame's generous Yellow Ribbon program is making it too hard for me to justify $150,000+ in debt to go West versus a free ride at the school (and tax payer's) expense.

See you guys in the fall!

User avatar
princeR
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby princeR » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:25 pm

3toilettiers wrote:166 LSAT, 3.19GPA. Accepted this week with 18,000 a year Fellowship. Had totally forgotten about applying here and got a big packet in the mail yesterday. I'm very surprised at the offer with my crap numbers.

Would have gone to a lesser school in California for the Hollywood sunshine but the fellowship and Notre Dame's generous Yellow Ribbon program is making it too hard for me to justify $150,000+ in debt to go West versus a free ride at the school (and tax payer's) expense.

See you guys in the fall!


URM?

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:30 pm

His numbers aren't that bad. The 166 puts him at the 75th % and his GPA isn't bad if he has a major like chemical engineering. If it's CJ or history....

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mattviphky » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:55 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:
mattviphky wrote:still wl'd...its been 4.5 months...probably going to be a couple more.



They WLed you by snail mail!?


Yes. Why does that seem so odd?

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:08 pm

mattviphky wrote:
BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:
mattviphky wrote:still wl'd...its been 4.5 months...probably going to be a couple more.



They WLed you by snail mail!?


Yes. Why does that seem so odd?


No, it doesn't. Well, actually it does.... why don't they email folks!? Anyway, I am wondering because I'm trying to figure out the status checker thingy from above posts... Nothing has changed. No dates, No mailing dates, which really is weird. Why are they soooo secretive? It's like they are saying, "We can't even let the applicant know when we mailed them a letter...it's too sensitive!" I find that weird.

Anyway. I hope I get in.

User avatar
3toilettiers
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby 3toilettiers » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:33 pm

princeR wrote:
3toilettiers wrote:166 LSAT, 3.19GPA. Accepted this week with 18,000 a year Fellowship. Had totally forgotten about applying here and got a big packet in the mail yesterday. I'm very surprised at the offer with my crap numbers.

Would have gone to a lesser school in California for the Hollywood sunshine but the fellowship and Notre Dame's generous Yellow Ribbon program is making it too hard for me to justify $150,000+ in debt to go West versus a free ride at the school (and tax payer's) expense.

See you guys in the fall!


URM?


Over-Represented Minority/Majority (Asian-American).
Marine veteran, though judging by the multitude of rejections from comparable tier schools (i.e. GW and UCLA) did not give much of a boost.

My application was very late, actually one of my last apps completed February 22nd. They sent me an information package and a fee waiver so I applied. Now it is looking like a solid number one from all practical standpoints (prestige, money, employment prospects) though I absolutely loathe the cold. Been in the North East for a few years now and I was hoping to hold a ritual bond fire burning snow shovels before I left for warmer climates.

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:57 pm

I am from Houston, Texas and now attending a private liberal arts college in Illinois. Trust me, you can get used to the cold. A lot of the cold weather haters get into hyperbole when describing the winters.... it ain't THAT bad! Seriously...

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby FinallyGoing » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:I am from Houston, Texas and now attending a private liberal arts college in Illinois. Trust me, you can get used to the cold. A lot of the cold weather haters get into hyperbole when describing the winters.... it ain't THAT bad! Seriously...



+1

I am a SoCal native and have been living in New England for the past 4 years...sure it sucks, but when put into the proper perspective....well you know..

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby FinallyGoing » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:04 pm

Dinged via snail mail. :/

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:06 pm

...yeah, I'll be getting dinged here shortly, I'm sure.... Just waiting on the mail.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby FinallyGoing » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:10 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:...yeah, I'll be getting dinged here shortly, I'm sure.... Just waiting on the mail.


Retaking in June and re-applying...I am pretty sold on NDLS. Both my #'s are below their 25th...so I knew it was a LOOOOOOOONG shot to begin with. Here's to hoping yours is at least a WL!
Last edited by FinallyGoing on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wasntmedude
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Wasntmedude » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 am

Rejected yesterday via snail mail.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:...yeah, I'll be getting dinged here shortly, I'm sure.... Just waiting on the mail.

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Hah! Dinged!

A tip for future applicants that may be reading this, try to make your "Why ND" essay sound sincere without delving into sycophancy.

Anyway, good luck to all the waitlisters. ND is a great place to be.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby FinallyGoing » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:00 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:Hah! Dinged!

A tip for future applicants that may be reading this, try to make your "Why ND" essay sound sincere without delving into sycophancy.

Anyway, good luck to all the waitlisters. ND is a great place to be.


I think our late apps and marginal numbers got the best of us! I am retaking in June and applying the first day the app opens up. What's a year, if it could very well mean NOTRE DAME LAW!?
Last edited by FinallyGoing on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
joebloe
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:02 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby joebloe » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:34 pm

Got my package on Friday. In with $$. Woo!

User avatar
MentalGopher
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:24 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby MentalGopher » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:57 am

I love how it just says "Decision Made" on there. :roll: I suspect it's a wishy-washy way of saying that you've been rejected.

Honestly, I'm not really caring. I've had four other schools tell me yes and I'm waiting for my top pick to come out and tell me yes or no. (Damn you, Minnesota, for taking so long!)

Good luck to those who are waiting. If I'm waitlisted, I'll withdraw right away. If I'm accepted, I'll probably still withdraw. With my numbers, I probably won't get scholarship money, so there's no way I can afford to attend. (Well, yes, I COULD go take out loans, but I'm looking get out with very little debt.)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”