Notre Dame Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:54 pm

sdphill wrote:I must say that I am HIGHLY impressed with the admission package from Notre Dame Law. The postcards, the window decal, the coupon, the book, and booklet really makes me want to be a place where they educate "A Different Kind of Lawyer."


Now I really want my package...I hope it comes tomorrow

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 pm

sdphill wrote:I must say that I am HIGHLY impressed with the admission package from Notre Dame Law. The postcards, the window decal, the coupon, the book, and booklet really makes me want to be a place where they educate "A Different Kind of Lawyer."

Yay! Right?! They do such a nice job with those.

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby sdphill » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:
sdphill wrote:I must say that I am HIGHLY impressed with the admission package from Notre Dame Law. The postcards, the window decal, the coupon, the book, and booklet really makes me want to be a place where they educate "A Different Kind of Lawyer."

Yay! Right?! They do such a nice job with those.


Yes! It really has me torn now! :(

tallgaloot
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tallgaloot » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:15 pm

Ok- I'm a little late to the party here. Notre Dame was not one of my top picks. But, I've been denied to most of my top choices at the moment and am trying to decide where to go. A few things to consider:
I'm specifically looking toward public interest law, at helping children and families in poverty as a child/poverty advocate. Whether this happens at a nonprofit, a government agency, or somewhere else has yet to be seen. I have no desire for "Big Law." Keep these things in mind:
1. I want to go to the BEST school possible.
2. Since making money is not my biggest concern, a school with a good LRAP would be a good fit.
3. If possible, I'd like to stay close to the east coast (NJ) as I have an ill mother. Would probably prefer to practice somewhere in the northeast -> Washington DC area.
4. I want the school with the best track record/program in public interest.
5. I wouldn't mind a judicial clerkship after graduation.
6. I want to work hard and have a job soon after graduating.

At the moment I'm torn between W&L (because of it's location) but heavily towards Notre Dame, as they seem to have a better public interest law program. Argue with me please. :)

As far as tuition/scholarship, it's about the same, both have offered me around a 1/2 ride.

FinallyGoing
Posts: 249
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby FinallyGoing » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:35 pm

tallgaloot wrote:Ok- I'm a little late to the party here. Notre Dame was not one of my top picks. But, I've been denied to most of my top choices at the moment and am trying to decide where to go. A few things to consider:
I'm specifically looking toward public interest law, at helping children and families in poverty as a child/poverty advocate. Whether this happens at a nonprofit, a government agency, or somewhere else has yet to be seen. I have no desire for "Big Law." Keep these things in mind:
1. I want to go to the BEST school possible.
2. Since making money is not my biggest concern, a school with a good LRAP would be a good fit.
3. If possible, I'd like to stay close to the east coast (NJ) as I have an ill mother. Would probably prefer to practice somewhere in the northeast -> Washington DC area.
4. I want the school with the best track record/program in public interest.
5. I wouldn't mind a judicial clerkship after graduation.
6. I want to work hard and have a job soon after graduating.

At the moment I'm torn between W&L (because of it's location) but heavily towards Notre Dame, as they seem to have a better public interest law program. Argue with me please. :)

As far as tuition/scholarship, it's about the same, both have offered me around a 1/2 ride.

Strong copy-pasta.

tallgaloot
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tallgaloot » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:46 pm

FinallyGoing wrote:Strong copy-pasta.

Yes yes yes. I copied and pasted. So sue me. (I suddenly realize how dangerous this throw away line becomes with a group of eager law students.) But I am interested in hearing fellow ND applicants their opinion on this.

User avatar
zozin
Posts: 3733
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby zozin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:33 pm

:D I just received ND's acceptance packet, $18K scholarship... they're my #1 by far.

kmh504
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby kmh504 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:38 pm

Still waiting for my decision was hoping to get the luck of the...fighting Irish today haha

tallgaloot
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:34 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tallgaloot » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:06 pm

Let me try this a different way. Current students or prospectives who have investigated/visited- How is Notre Dame's public interest program and job placement/judicial clerkships, compared to other schools (such as W&L)?

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby HapaForever » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:26 pm

tallgaloot wrote:Let me try this a different way. Current students or prospectives who have investigated/visited- How is Notre Dame's public interest program and job placement/judicial clerkships, compared to other schools (such as W&L)?


I would call the admissions office and ask to speak to Melissa Fruscione. She gave me a lot of helpful information about the LRAP and the GALILEE program. You can also PM me if you want the Reader's Digest version.

User avatar
magicbunny
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby magicbunny » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:57 pm

In with 20K per year!!!

It's virtually the end of my cycle and my deposit will be on the way tomorrow!

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:05 pm

^^ No USC??!

User avatar
sdphill
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 4:26 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby sdphill » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:06 pm

lakers3peat wrote:^^ No USC??!


Lakers, I see that we have applied to the same schools mostly... What are you waiting on to make your decision?

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Did anyone else get info on financial aid today? I'm away from school and my roommate told me I got something that said I was approved for federal loans as well as awarded a fellowship. Is the fellowship the same as the scholarship they told me about in my acceptance package? It just wasn't called a fellowship then. I don't think it's anything new but I'm not sure...
Now nobody's at my apartment so I can't ask about specifics heh.

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Wow I just got the aid packet and I got a 15,000 scholly I am beyond shocked....that is the highest scholarship amount I've gotten and notre dame is the highest ranked school I've gotten into

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby HapaForever » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:Did anyone else get info on financial aid today? I'm away from school and my roommate told me I got something that said I was approved for federal loans as well as awarded a fellowship. Is the fellowship the same as the scholarship they told me about in my acceptance package? It just wasn't called a fellowship then. I don't think it's anything new but I'm not sure...
Now nobody's at my apartment so I can't ask about specifics heh.


I just got my finacial aid package. The fellowship award is the same thing as your scholarship.

dreambig
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:21 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby dreambig » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Dinged via letter on Saturday. Bummer

JDProspect
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby JDProspect » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm wondering what was enclosed in your Financial Aid info envelope?

I think there might be an error with my packet, it looks very different from the packets I've gotten from other schools.

In mine there was: Fed Loan Info page, Financial Aid Conditions & Info booklet/brochure, and Federal Loan Instructions.

I didn't find a letter with breakdown or a letter at all. Is that common?

mcdeeremitch
Posts: 317
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:16 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mcdeeremitch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:32 pm

JDProspect wrote:I'm wondering what was enclosed in your Financial Aid info envelope?

I think there might be an error with my packet, it looks very different from the packets I've gotten from other schools.

In mine there was: Fed Loan Info page, Financial Aid Conditions & Info booklet/brochure, and Federal Loan Instructions.

I didn't find a letter with breakdown or a letter at all. Is that common?


That's exactly how mine came

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby HapaForever » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:41 pm

mcdeeremitch wrote:
JDProspect wrote:I'm wondering what was enclosed in your Financial Aid info envelope?

I think there might be an error with my packet, it looks very different from the packets I've gotten from other schools.

In mine there was: Fed Loan Info page, Financial Aid Conditions & Info booklet/brochure, and Federal Loan Instructions.

I didn't find a letter with breakdown or a letter at all. Is that common?


That's exactly how mine came


+1

JDProspect
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby JDProspect » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:44 pm

HapaForever wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:
JDProspect wrote:I'm wondering what was enclosed in your Financial Aid info envelope?

I think there might be an error with my packet, it looks very different from the packets I've gotten from other schools.

In mine there was: Fed Loan Info page, Financial Aid Conditions & Info booklet/brochure, and Federal Loan Instructions.

I didn't find a letter with breakdown or a letter at all. Is that common?


That's exactly how mine came


+1


Thanks for the responses. I guess I found it odd that it did not include a typical letter, and then my packet has an exact duplicate of the "Fed Loan Info page."

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby HapaForever » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:51 pm

JDProspect wrote:
HapaForever wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:
JDProspect wrote:I'm wondering what was enclosed in your Financial Aid info envelope?

I think there might be an error with my packet, it looks very different from the packets I've gotten from other schools.

In mine there was: Fed Loan Info page, Financial Aid Conditions & Info booklet/brochure, and Federal Loan Instructions.

I didn't find a letter with breakdown or a letter at all. Is that common?


That's exactly how mine came


+1


Thanks for the responses. I guess I found it odd that it did not include a typical letter, and then my packet has an exact duplicate of the "Fed Loan Info page."


I was confused about the duplicate until I read the bottom of the letter. One copy needs to be signed and sent back to Notre Dame.

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Lvaughn714 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm

JDProspect wrote:
HapaForever wrote:
mcdeeremitch wrote:
JDProspect wrote:I'm wondering what was enclosed in your Financial Aid info envelope?

I think there might be an error with my packet, it looks very different from the packets I've gotten from other schools.

In mine there was: Fed Loan Info page, Financial Aid Conditions & Info booklet/brochure, and Federal Loan Instructions.

I didn't find a letter with breakdown or a letter at all. Is that common?



+1


Thanks for the responses. I guess I found it odd that it did not include a typical letter, and then my packet has an exact duplicate of the "Fed Loan Info page."


I was confused about the duplicate until I read the bottom of the letter. One copy needs to be signed and sent back to Notre Dame.


Did any of you previously receive scholarships in your original admissions packet?

I don't have anything that says "fed loan info" on it, just a letter with the financial aid award that lists my scholarship amount and then federal loan allowances broken down by semester, kind of like the example page from the admittance brochure. Is that what you guys are talking about?

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby HapaForever » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:43 am

I did receive my scholarship info from the admissions packet. Yes, the federal loan info is just like the example page from the packet.

bcsum00
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby bcsum00 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:10 pm

I am currently a 1L at NDLS. If anyone has any questions message me. You could certainly post them in here, but I make no promises how often I will check this thread.

Congrats to everyone that has been admitted thus far and good luck to everyone that is still waiting. If it is any consolation, I was admitted in early April and still received a substantial scholarship.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], hoy456, JordanLaw15, MSNbot Media and 9 guests