Notre Dame Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby stillwater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:13 pm

CPM723 wrote:Decision made today. Do they email acceptances? or only snail mail everything?


Snail mail (well priority mail if you get accepted).

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby CPM723 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:18 pm

stillwater wrote:
CPM723 wrote:Decision made today. Do they email acceptances? or only snail mail everything?


Snail mail (well priority mail if you get accepted).


So I can expect a letter later this week?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby stillwater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:22 pm

CPM723 wrote:
stillwater wrote:
CPM723 wrote:Decision made today. Do they email acceptances? or only snail mail everything?


Snail mail (well priority mail if you get accepted).


So I can expect a letter later this week?


I would imagine so, unless you live in Guam.

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby CPM723 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:22 pm

stillwater wrote:
CPM723 wrote:
stillwater wrote:
CPM723 wrote:Decision made today. Do they email acceptances? or only snail mail everything?


Snail mail (well priority mail if you get accepted).


So I can expect a letter later this week?


I would imagine so, unless you live in Guam.


Guilty :P

JDProspect
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby JDProspect » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:13 pm

Knock at the door. Mailman handed me my admission's packet from Notre Dame!!!

Complete: 1/6, 2/10, 2/14, and Decision Rendered 2/16

User avatar
mxmatt137
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mxmatt137 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail. I'll probably withdraw my app soon since ND is not an option without some serious scholarship help.

User avatar
CPM723
Posts: 377
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby CPM723 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:25 pm

My decision was just made today. Strong PS and Why ND essay. Do I have a shot at even making the waitlist with a 159, 3.68?

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby lakers3peat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:47 pm

if you are an URM maybe. otherwise, to be brutally honest, I dont thinks o

User avatar
jrthor10
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby jrthor10 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Anyone know what the max scholarship ND hands out is?

tennisking88
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tennisking88 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:17 pm

CPM723 wrote:My decision was just made today. Strong PS and Why ND essay. Do I have a shot at even making the waitlist with a 159, 3.68?


Yes. They've WL'd so many ppl I'd be surprised if you weren't. The flip side to that coin is that their WL is massive so it may as well be a rejection.

User avatar
punkyg0608
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby punkyg0608 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:32 pm

jrthor10 wrote:Anyone know what the max scholarship ND hands out is?


I'm interested in this too. I don't think they go much over $20k a year, from what I've heard. Which is really too bad, because I would love to go there...

bobbyh1919
Posts: 560
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby bobbyh1919 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:38 pm

punkyg0608 wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Anyone know what the max scholarship ND hands out is?


I'm interested in this too. I don't think they go much over $20k a year, from what I've heard. Which is really too bad, because I would love to go there...



I got $25K/year. I did notice that someone else on this board got the same offer with an LSAT a few points worse than mine and a lower GPA, which suggested to me that 25 may be a max.

Volake
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Volake » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:08 am

Waitlisted today.
166/3.45. No Why Notre Dame essay

wskbarrett
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby wskbarrett » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Volake wrote:Waitlisted today.
166/3.45. No Why Notre Dame essay


wl'ed 168/3.5 no why ND. withdrawn. good luck everybody

User avatar
grtbooks91
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby grtbooks91 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 pm

bobbyh1919 wrote:
punkyg0608 wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Anyone know what the max scholarship ND hands out is?


I'm interested in this too. I don't think they go much over $20k a year, from what I've heard. Which is really too bad, because I would love to go there...



I got $25K/year. I did notice that someone else on this board got the same offer with an LSAT a few points worse than mine and a lower GPA, which suggested to me that 25 may be a max.


I'm almost positive that 25k/year is the max, but I have also heard that attempts at scholarship negotiation pretty much all result in getting a 2-3k/year bump, so that number may be more like 27-28k in the end.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:21 pm

bobbyh1919 wrote:
punkyg0608 wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Anyone know what the max scholarship ND hands out is?


I'm interested in this too. I don't think they go much over $20k a year, from what I've heard. Which is really too bad, because I would love to go there...



I got $25K/year. I did notice that someone else on this board got the same offer with an LSAT a few points worse than mine and a lower GPA, which suggested to me that 25 may be a max.


I'm at ND undergrad, and one of the people in my dorm two years older than me (he had a 175, 3.9X) got a full ride. So it's definitely possible.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby lakers3peat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:13 pm

anyone know when they start making decisions based off their WL?


seems like a ton of people are WL'd

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby HapaForever » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 am

Hello everyone! This is my first time on this forum, but I wanted to share that my application said complete on 1/16, updated on 2/7, updated again on 2/17 and now it says decision made. Perhaps this will be helpful for those who applied around the same time.

Lvaughn714
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:08 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Lvaughn714 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 pm

Decision made today, only sent in my app less than two weeks ago. Seems like a pretty speedy decision which I'm not so sure is a good thing.

User avatar
TrojanHopeful
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:37 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby TrojanHopeful » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 pm

Decision made 2/23...Complete 12/14, 1/18, 2/6, 2/21.

cass1230
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:04 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby cass1230 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 pm

HapaForever wrote:Hello everyone! This is my first time on this forum, but I wanted to share that my application said complete on 1/16, updated on 2/7, updated again on 2/17 and now it says decision made. Perhaps this will be helpful for those who applied around the same time.


same exact days, the mailman will hate me the next few days as i wait for him

User avatar
princeR
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby princeR » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Lvaughn714 wrote:Decision made today, only sent in my app less than two weeks ago. Seems like a pretty speedy decision which I'm not so sure is a good thing.


Well if you posted your numbers we'd have a better idea. For that matter, why isn't everyone posting their numbers when they are updating their apps, doesn't really help anyone else!

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby stillwater » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:10 pm

princeR wrote:
Lvaughn714 wrote:Decision made today, only sent in my app less than two weeks ago. Seems like a pretty speedy decision which I'm not so sure is a good thing.


Well if you posted your numbers we'd have a better idea. For that matter, why isn't everyone posting their numbers when they are updating their apps, doesn't really help anyone else!


I'm not even sure numbers would help for a school like ND. They are WL happy and there seems to be little logic in the numbers of who they accept and who they decide to WL/Deny.

HapaForever
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby HapaForever » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:13 pm

cass1230 wrote:
HapaForever wrote:Hello everyone! This is my first time on this forum, but I wanted to share that my application said complete on 1/16, updated on 2/7, updated again on 2/17 and now it says decision made. Perhaps this will be helpful for those who applied around the same time.


same exact days, the mailman will hate me the next few days as i wait for him


+1. I cannot stand the wait, but it's nice to dream about getting a gorgeous acceptance packet.

wolverine10
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:27 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby wolverine10 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:16 pm

Decision made 2/23. Here is my question though, tomorrow I leave for my spring break and so I won't be here to check the mail for about a week or so. Does your status checker indicate your decision or am I stuck waiting till I get back to school and get my mail?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: hellohalo, ReadyToStart, reillyg and 20 guests