Notre Dame Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thelawschoolproject

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby thelawschoolproject » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:18 pm

So...rejected to ND...but accepted to GULC and Mich...go figure.

moxy

Postby moxy » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:22 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:So...rejected to ND...but accepted to GULC and Mich...go figure.

Good Job with the UMich admission!

STLMizzou

Postby STLMizzou » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:34 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:So...rejected to ND...but accepted to GULC and Mich...go figure.

I think you are going to be OK not going to ND then :wink:

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Wow. Sorry to hear that, but super congrats on the other two! How strange...

lsdream

Postby lsdream » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:59 pm

That makes no sense. We'll those are better options anyway.

thelawschoolproject

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 am

Thanks for the kindness guys :) Just goes to show that really weird stuff is happening this cycle, good and bad--but mostly good. ND should have been one of my target schools with the others as far reaches. I guess you never know! Good luck to all of you!

ThreeRivers

Postby ThreeRivers » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:28 am

Updated to 1/10 complete date..

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:06 am

Can you guys please post your stats also? If not, I understand, but just looking for some numbers, I know I could just look at lawschoolnumbers but I'm just curious! :)

P-salms

Postby P-salms » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm

updated for second time, today..complete 11/17 --> 1/4/12, 1/11,12

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:33 pm

P-salms wrote:updated for second time, today..complete 11/17 --> 1/4/12, 1/11,12

Woo getting crazy! Hopefully that means you'll be hearing soon!

moxy

Postby moxy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:48 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:Thanks for the kindness guys :) Just goes to show that really weird stuff is happening this cycle, good and bad--but mostly good. ND should have been one of my target schools with the others as far reaches. I guess you never know! Good luck to all of you!

I am hoping for some miracles this cycle! ND was kind enough to offer a 15 day turnaround, and since they are nice, I won't be bitter about a reject. Good luck to you on any open apps!

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:50 pm

moxy wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Thanks for the kindness guys :) Just goes to show that really weird stuff is happening this cycle, good and bad--but mostly good. ND should have been one of my target schools with the others as far reaches. I guess you never know! Good luck to all of you!

I am hoping for some miracles this cycle! ND was kind enough to offer a 15 day turnaround, and since they are nice, I won't be bitter about a reject. Good luck to you on any open apps!

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous of the 15 day turnaround. I just had a regular fee waiver. Although, as weird as it sounds, I think knowing I would hear something in just 15 days might stress me out even more. :shock: I'm just crazy like that though. (Although I think this has something to do with sinking into an ignorance is bliss state of mind since the start of the new year. This cycle is really messing with my head.)

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm trying to feel bad for you, but your acceptances to GULC and M make it really hard to show you compassion. 8) Good job getting into some great(er) schools!

moxy

Postby moxy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
moxy wrote:

Yeah, I'm pretty jealous of the 15 day turnaround. I just had a regular fee waiver. Although, as weird as it sounds, I think knowing I would hear something in just 15 days might stress me out even more. :shock: I'm just crazy like that though. (Although I think this has something to do with sinking into an ignorance is bliss state of mind since the start of the new year. This cycle is really messing with my head.)

Maybe my candidacy was so disgusting, that they did not want to look at my file for more than 15 days!! I agree with you ... I am stressed out about the outcome * (all the other schools which I had applied to) ... I thought waiting for the Dec LSAT score was stressful .. this is a whole new level of messed upness ..

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:00 pm

moxy wrote:
moxy wrote:

Maybe my candidacy was so disgusting, that they did not want to look at my file for more than 15 days!! I agree with you ... I am stressed out about the outcome * (all the other schools which I had applied to) ... I thought waiting for the Dec LSAT score was stressful .. this is a whole new level of messed upness ..

Haha, I highly doubt that. Lots of people were admitted with the 15 day fee waiver after the October LSATs. But yeah, I really think this whole applying to law school thing is a sick social experiment or something. I thought the LSAT was bad, but this is totally different. I'm losing it... However, I've heard 1L is worse. They're just trying to prep us for a whole year of crazy.

moxy

Postby moxy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:05 pm

Haha, I highly doubt that. Lots of people were admitted with the 15 day fee waiver after the October LSATs. But yeah, I really think this whole applying to law school thing is a sick social experiment or something. I thought the LSAT was bad, but this is totally different. I'm losing it... However, I've heard 1L is worse. They're just trying to prep us for a whole year of crazy.

I am taking it one day at a time. I just applied to schools last week, and I know it is late in the cycle. My numbers aren't all that hot. I hate whining, but I don't have any acceptances yet (again, I know I applied last week, but I am just saying). Ranting about this makes me feel better ..

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:07 pm

moxy wrote:

I am taking it one day at a time. I just applied to schools last week, and I know it is late in the cycle. My numbers aren't all that hot. I hate whining, but I don't have any acceptances yet (again, I know I applied last week, but I am just saying). Ranting about this makes me feel better ..

Yeah, I feel you. I'm a little bit undecided about whether this forum makes it better or worse. I'm inclined to believe worse, but it is comforting knowing there are others going through the same things as me, especially since I don't have a lot of friends applying. In any case, here's hoping that both you and I are accepted at ND! You'll know sooner rather than later!

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:However, I've heard 1L is worse. They're just trying to prep us for a whole year of crazy.

I think that waiting for 1L grades must be the most stressful, anxiety inducing process ever. This scares me considering how stressful and anxiety inducing teh LS app process is.

moxy

Postby moxy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm

moxy wrote:

Yeah, I feel you. I'm a little bit undecided about whether this forum makes it better or worse. I'm inclined to believe worse, but it is comforting knowing there are others going through the same things as me, especially since I don't have a lot of friends applying. In any case, here's hoping that both you and I are accepted at ND! You'll know sooner rather than later!

Me too! I have a feeling that I already asked you before, but where else are you applying?

TrojanHopeful

Postby TrojanHopeful » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:29 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:However, I've heard 1L is worse. They're just trying to prep us for a whole year of crazy.

I think that waiting for 1L grades must be the most stressful, anxiety inducing process ever. This scares me considering how stressful and anxiety inducing teh LS app process is.

...and then there is the wait for the Bar exam. :shock:

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Agreed with the 1L grade thing. I applied at a whole bunch of schools. Some are Michigan, Penn, Berkeley (already rejected), and Stanford as super reaches. Cornell, Vanderbilt, USC, all the UC schools, OSU, and Cincinnati. I've been accepted a few places, so that's nice, but I'm still anxious to hear from everyone else.

ColtsFan88

Postby ColtsFan88 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:24 pm

TrojanHopeful wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:

Maybe I should rethink this whole law thing....

moxy

Postby moxy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
TrojanHopeful wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:

Maybe I should rethink this whole law thing....

I received an email from Cooley Law School, inviting me to apply. Maybe I should rethink the purpose of my existence .. .

Green Glass Windows

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:27 pm

moxy wrote:I received an email from Cooley Law School, inviting me to apply. Maybe I should rethink the purpose of my existence .. .

I got that awhile back too. Definitely chuckled.

omninode

Postby omninode » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:20 pm

moxy wrote:I received an email from Cooley Law School, inviting me to apply. Maybe I should rethink the purpose of my existence .. .

I got that awhile back too. Definitely chuckled.

But they have so much scholarships!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”