Notre Dame Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:11 am

givemea170 wrote:I just applied today

This is the first time I've applied anywhere... any guesses on how long it'll take to get a response?


Looking at LSN, it seems like late February is the earliest you might hear back. Most likely not until March though.

User avatar
mrmojojak
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mrmojojak » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:43 am

Decision made woo hoo.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby eaper » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:45 pm

mrmojojak wrote:Decision made woo hoo.


This... hopefully the mail will be waiting for me when I go back to college.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Around when did you guys submit? I'm complete at 11/18 and nothing.

Irishtexan11
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:51 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Irishtexan11 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:02 pm

Same, I'm 11/21 and nothing either

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby ThreeRivers » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:17 pm

I'm 167 / 3.44... I was thinking I'd be either an acceptance or WL

I applied on 11/2 and haven't heard back (Stuck on 11/8 complete date). From LSN it looks like people who applied after me are already hearing back, but they haven't give any rejections yet

I wrote what I felt was a pretty good Why ND and immediately after sending it I noticed for some reason my spell checker changed every single "Notre" to "Norte" (I know how bad this is, actually started a panicked thread on TSL when I did it)... I called right away and the lady at ND told me not to worry about it at all

Odds I'm rejected just for this? My Why ND was actually very sincere, but I'm just imagining someone reading a whole essay on why I want to attend "Norte Dame" as not coming off that well... lol

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:20 pm

Can't wait to be rejected :-D

User avatar
ThreeRivers
Posts: 1142
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby ThreeRivers » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:23 pm

Gail wrote:Can't wait to be rejected :-D

If you wrote a decent Why ND I like your chances with your #'s

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby eaper » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:31 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:Around when did you guys submit? I'm complete at 11/18 and nothing.


I submitted on 10/31 and went complete on 11/2

User avatar
mrmojojak
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mrmojojak » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:31 pm

I have been complete since 10/24. I only found out I was under review from a post card in the mail. I'm pretty sure I'll get an acceptance but I guess I'll find out soon enough.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Went complete again just now. 11/18, 1/6

User avatar
lemon7
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby lemon7 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:Went complete again just now. 11/18, 1/6


Same. I originally went complete 12/13, and I went complete again today. Does this mean we're under review?

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:32 pm

lemon7 wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Went complete again just now. 11/18, 1/6


Same. I originally went complete 12/13, and I went complete again today. Does this mean we're under review?


I don't know. I hope so? Has everyone who's heard back so far had this happen?

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby justonemoregame » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:39 pm

complete 1/6, also. I think I submitted 11/1 or 11/2

User avatar
grtbooks91
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby grtbooks91 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Also complete 1/6, prior to that I'd been sitting complete at 11/7.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about ND, and I thought I'd have a good shot with a 3.8/167 and what I thought was a very good "Why ND?" but all this waiting is causing me to doubt myself.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:49 pm

grtbooks91 wrote:Also complete 1/6, prior to that I'd been sitting complete at 11/7.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about ND, and I thought I'd have a good shot with a 3.8/167 and what I thought was a very good "Why ND?" but all this waiting is causing me to doubt myself.


This pretty much. I'm trying to stay positive though because it seems like other than the people who had the 15 day stipulation on their fee waiver, not many people have heard back yet.

STLMizzou
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby STLMizzou » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:44 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
grtbooks91 wrote:Also complete 1/6, prior to that I'd been sitting complete at 11/7.

I'm pretty enthusiastic about ND, and I thought I'd have a good shot with a 3.8/167 and what I thought was a very good "Why ND?" but all this waiting is causing me to doubt myself.


This pretty much. I'm trying to stay positive though because it seems like other than the people who had the 15 day stipulation on their fee waiver, not many people have heard back yet.



Yeah, I got a fee waiver but there was no stipulation. Also I am a pretty big splitter so you never know what is going to happen. I am keeping my fingers crossed though!!

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 pm

It's hard to know what to think about the status update because it seems like some accepts updated and some didn't before they got their decision.

Anyone know how it goes for the WL?

User avatar
BeerMaker
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby BeerMaker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:23 pm

Any idea when the next batch is going out? This is killing me. Seems like they are very slow compared to other schools. Maybe it's just my paranoia?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby moxy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:31 pm

This morning, I received a fee waiver with a 15 day turnaround guarantee. I guess I have to wait for two weeks for a decision. I am applying so late in the cycle for most (if not all) schools, that I am not overly optimistic.

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Worker and Parasite » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:59 pm

moxy wrote:This morning, I received a fee waiver with a 15 day turnaround guarantee. I guess I have to wait for two weeks for a decision. I am applying so late in the cycle for most (if not all) schools, that I am not overly optimistic.


Where did you see the 15 day turnaround? I got an email today with a fee waiver but nothing about that

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby moxy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
moxy wrote:This morning, I received a fee waiver with a 15 day turnaround guarantee. I guess I have to wait for two weeks for a decision. I am applying so late in the cycle for most (if not all) schools, that I am not overly optimistic.


Where did you see the 15 day turnaround? I got an email today with a fee waiver but nothing about that


It was in the body of the email (bolded in the second paragraph).

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Worker and Parasite » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:08 pm

moxy wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:
moxy wrote:This morning, I received a fee waiver with a 15 day turnaround guarantee. I guess I have to wait for two weeks for a decision. I am applying so late in the cycle for most (if not all) schools, that I am not overly optimistic.


Where did you see the 15 day turnaround? I got an email today with a fee waiver but nothing about that


It was in the body of the email (bolded in the second paragraph).


I didn't get that part unfortunately whaaaaaaaat

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby moxy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:12 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
moxy wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:
moxy wrote:This morning, I received a fee waiver with a 15 day turnaround guarantee. I guess I have to wait for two weeks for a decision. I am applying so late in the cycle for most (if not all) schools, that I am not overly optimistic.


Where did you see the 15 day turnaround? I got an email today with a fee waiver but nothing about that


It was in the body of the email (bolded in the second paragraph).


I didn't get that part unfortunately whaaaaaaaat


I don't know if getting your decision in 15 days is a good thing. Ignorance is bliss ... just saying ...

What other schools are you applying to? (if any)

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby eaper » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Ah, just got the WL in the mail (3.6, 169, applied 10/31). Didn't write the Why ND? essay and I guess that was an issue. Going to consider whether to do a LOCI or withdraw for a little bit. Good luck to everyone else.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”