Notre Dame Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Eastcoast77
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Eastcoast77 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:10 pm

hey guys, I realize I can check law school numbers etc, but I wanted any guesses on if the applicant pool was up or down this year for notre dame. One of my top choices, I have a 164 lsat and 3.6 gpa, application will be final within a week or so. Any chance?

User avatar
Redclh
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Redclh » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:34 pm

Decision made as of today. My mail is terribly slow, that anxiety is going to be hard.

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mijenks » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Redclh wrote:Decision made as of today. My mail is terribly slow, that anxiety is going to be hard.


When did you submit/complete?

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby ralph_pootawn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:47 pm

decision made. Now i play the waiting game.

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby JoeMo » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:50 pm

stillwater wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
stillwater wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:Eh, I want the 15 day fee waiver. I've been complete since 11/3.


Same...I've been complete since 11/1. I wonder how long ND typically takes, without the 15 day.



Eh, I dno. Right now I'm too lazy to go research in LSN.


Ditto


I wasn't and it seems like they start sending them out the first week in December. Even though that one person did just say that their app already says decision made and that 15 day thing I think is new.

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tuco » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:57 pm

I just heard back. My decision was made on November 9th, I applied early september, and got the letter today. I was waitlisted with a 170 and a low 3.x gpa.

I'm pretty disappointed about it. ND was far from my top choice but they were a school I really liked and am feeling even more nervous about my other reaches now.

Don't know if it mattered but I did not write a why ND essay, I'm wondering now if I should have. Good luck to everybody else waiting for their decisions.

User avatar
nickjive
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby nickjive » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:01 pm

tuco wrote:I just heard back. My decision was made on November 9th, I applied early september, and got the letter today. I was waitlisted with a 170 and a low 3.x gpa.

I'm pretty disappointed about it. ND was far from my top choice but they were a school I really liked and am feeling even more nervous about my other reaches now.

Don't know if it mattered but I did not write a why ND essay, I'm wondering now if I should have. Good luck to everybody else waiting for their decisions.


Sorry about your waitlist. Did you apply RD or ED?

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tuco » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:11 pm

nickjive wrote:
tuco wrote:I just heard back. My decision was made on November 9th, I applied early september, and got the letter today. I was waitlisted with a 170 and a low 3.x gpa.

I'm pretty disappointed about it. ND was far from my top choice but they were a school I really liked and am feeling even more nervous about my other reaches now.

Don't know if it mattered but I did not write a why ND essay, I'm wondering now if I should have. Good luck to everybody else waiting for their decisions.


Sorry about your waitlist. Did you apply RD or ED?


RD. No way I was gonna ED here simply because of the location, I have never been to Indiana before and would be uncomfortable committing to such an unknown in advance.

anozira
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby anozira » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm

...
Last edited by anozira on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby ralph_pootawn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm

anozira wrote:My status changed to decision made on 11/9/11 and I received my letter today. I was waitlisted. Admittedly, I did not write a "Why ND?" essay.

168/3.6/non-URM/RD


makes me worried to here my decision. Seems like they place alot of importance on why nd given that u are above there 75 in lsat and almost right at their median gpa

anozira
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby anozira » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:48 pm

...
Last edited by anozira on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

tennisking88
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:15 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tennisking88 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:52 pm

ralph_pootawn wrote:
anozira wrote:My status changed to decision made on 11/9/11 and I received my letter today. I was waitlisted. Admittedly, I did not write a "Why ND?" essay.

168/3.6/non-URM/RD


makes me worried to here my decision. Seems like they place alot of importance on why nd given that u are above there 75 in lsat and almost right at their median gpa


Sounds strange that this is THE reason for your WL. A yield-protect seems much more likely, considering non-URMs with 3.6/167 & 3.5/166 have been getting into Cornell/Michigan.

ralph_pootawn
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby ralph_pootawn » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 pm

anozira wrote:
ralph_pootawn wrote:makes me worried to here my decision. Seems like they place alot of importance on why nd given that u are above there 75 in lsat and almost right at their median gpa

If you put maximum effort into your application, I wouldn't be too worried. I only applied there because I got a fee waiver so I did not complete the "Why ND?" essay or put in as much effort as I did to my top choices. It might have been the difference between WL and acceptance.


exactly why im worried :lol:

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7155
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

tennisking88 wrote:
ralph_pootawn wrote:
anozira wrote:My status changed to decision made on 11/9/11 and I received my letter today. I was waitlisted. Admittedly, I did not write a "Why ND?" essay.

168/3.6/non-URM/RD


makes me worried to here my decision. Seems like they place alot of importance on why nd given that u are above there 75 in lsat and almost right at their median gpa


Sounds strange that this is THE reason for your WL. A yield-protect seems much more likely, considering non-URMs with 3.6/167 & 3.5/166 have been getting into Cornell/Michigan.


On the other hand, ND is known for basically requiring the Why ND for admission.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby top30man » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:05 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
tennisking88 wrote:
ralph_pootawn wrote:
anozira wrote:My status changed to decision made on 11/9/11 and I received my letter today. I was waitlisted. Admittedly, I did not write a "Why ND?" essay.

168/3.6/non-URM/RD


makes me worried to here my decision. Seems like they place alot of importance on why nd given that u are above there 75 in lsat and almost right at their median gpa


Sounds strange that this is THE reason for your WL. A yield-protect seems much more likely, considering non-URMs with 3.6/167 & 3.5/166 have been getting into Cornell/Michigan.


On the other hand, ND is known for basically requiring the Why ND for admission.

This. They are like the UVA of the t25.

tuco
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby tuco » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:11 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
tennisking88 wrote:
ralph_pootawn wrote:
anozira wrote:My status changed to decision made on 11/9/11 and I received my letter today. I was waitlisted. Admittedly, I did not write a "Why ND?" essay.

168/3.6/non-URM/RD


makes me worried to here my decision. Seems like they place alot of importance on why nd given that u are above there 75 in lsat and almost right at their median gpa


Sounds strange that this is THE reason for your WL. A yield-protect seems much more likely, considering non-URMs with 3.6/167 & 3.5/166 have been getting into Cornell/Michigan.


On the other hand, ND is known for basically requiring the Why ND for admission.


Wow I missed this memo....

User avatar
Redclh
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:14 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby Redclh » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:00 pm

mijenks wrote:
Redclh wrote:Decision made as of today. My mail is terribly slow, that anxiety is going to be hard.


When did you submit/complete?


Submitted on 10/14, complete the same day.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby top30man » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:09 pm

Redclh wrote:
mijenks wrote:
Redclh wrote:Decision made as of today. My mail is terribly slow, that anxiety is going to be hard.


When did you submit/complete?


Submitted on 10/14, complete the same day.

Ed/rd? Good luck!

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby crabcakes » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 am

admitted today via snail mail! $25k/ year. submitted in early october. did not write "why nd"

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7155
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby UnamSanctam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 am

crabcakes wrote:admitted today via snail mail! $25k/ year. submitted in early october. did not write "why nd"


Interesting. Maybe the Why ND is not so necessary.

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby mattviphky » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:17 pm

UnamSanctam wrote:
crabcakes wrote:admitted today via snail mail! $25k/ year. submitted in early october. did not write "why nd"


Interesting. Maybe the Why ND is not so necessary.


I would still do it. this person obviously had great numbers, seeing as how stingy ND can be with big schollys and how much weight they place on whys

User avatar
nickjive
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby nickjive » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:32 pm

crabcakes wrote:admitted today via snail mail! $25k/ year. submitted in early october. did not write "why nd"


Where did you do your UG, if you don't my asking?

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby crabcakes » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:42 pm

nickjive wrote:
crabcakes wrote:admitted today via snail mail! $25k/ year. submitted in early october. did not write "why nd"


Where did you do your UG, if you don't my asking?


top 25

User avatar
nickjive
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby nickjive » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:06 pm

crabcakes wrote:
nickjive wrote:
crabcakes wrote:admitted today via snail mail! $25k/ year. submitted in early october. did not write "why nd"


Where did you do your UG, if you don't my asking?


top 25


Was it a private school? I don't mean to be pushy, I'm just curious as to the lack of significance of the Why ND on your admission (plus $$).

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Postby bernaldiaz » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 pm

nickjive wrote:
crabcakes wrote:
nickjive wrote:
crabcakes wrote:admitted today via snail mail! $25k/ year. submitted in early october. did not write "why nd"


Where did you do your UG, if you don't my asking?


top 25


Was it a private school? I don't mean to be pushy, I'm just curious as to the lack of significance of the Why ND on your admission (plus $$).


If you are asking if he/she went to ND, the answer is almost definitely no. If they had attended ND, they would have said they went to a T20 (check my profile :lol:). No one is going to lump themselves into a less elite group voluntarily.
Last edited by bernaldiaz on Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, Bing [Bot], BrainsyK, cd1945, Chipotle85, combatboots33, curry1, ellielaw, oliviaj_j, Outis Onoma, piesandcookies, reydingo and 23 guests