Notre Dame Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
h2oplyer7

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Class of 2015

Post by h2oplyer7 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:26 pm

WL here (2.7, 162 - probably one of the lowest on the totem poll). I was just curious if any of the other WLers are going to plan a trip to ND in the spring?

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 pm

And I just withdrew.

Virgil777

Bronze

Post by Virgil777 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Virgil777 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Application just updated to 1/25. How many updates before a decision is sent? Does the status checker update?

1984sheepdog

New

Post by 1984sheepdog » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:38 pm

1L here. Good luck to all! Hope to soon see you in South Bend. If anyone has questions, please PM me. Happy to answer anything you throw my way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mjd

New

Post by mjd » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Application just updated to 1/25. How many updates before a decision is sent? Does the status checker update?
They update this late at night? To this point I have been able to constrain my impulses to check incessantly to typical working day hours.

cougarlive

Bronze

Post by cougarlive » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 pm

mjd wrote:
They update this late at night? To this point I have been able to constrain my impulses to check incessantly to typical working day hours.
Sorry, by just updated I mean, I just checked it, and noticed it was updated. It's the first time I've checked it today.

Gail

Silver

Post by Gail » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Virgil777 wrote:Looking at LSN, I am the only reject with a 167 there so far. I am starting to wonder if one of my letters of rec is terrible and is killing my chances at other schools :shock:
You're not the only one that feels like that. Why can't I just see them?!?! GAH!

But it looks like you got some pretty great acceptances too, so I wouldn't worry.

ganggreen

Bronze

Post by ganggreen » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 pm

Third complete today (are there usually that many?), 1/26. Last one was 1/18

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:53 pm

WL. Will withdraw soon.

gabby831

New

Post by gabby831 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:34 pm

ganggreen wrote:Third complete today (are there usually that many?), 1/26. Last one was 1/18

Ive had a bunch too, my last one was 1/25! Im scared.. lol

1984sheepdog

New

Post by 1984sheepdog » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:27 am

Future domers, I wrote this in a PM to a fellow user. I'm a 1L by the way. I thought I would share the response so that anyone curious about South Bend or ND can be satisfied.

"South Bend in a nutshell: green, red, white, gold, beauty, compassion, football, small town.

Let me explain? South Bend is much different from the South (I'm also from the South, so I know what you are apprehensive of). Fall and Spring are gorgeous. If you've been confined to south of the Mason Dixon line, then you'll not understand the radiance of the changing leaves, of the blooming flowers and trees, and the perfect temperatures. Admittedly, the white is in there because there is a fair amount of snow and cold. People like to complain about it disproportionately to how bad it actually is. It is there, and you should bring a jacket. The Notre Dame campus is breathtaking, especially the famous Gold Dome (and that part of campus in general, which is just around the corner from the law school). Notre Dame takes pride in their campus, which shows. Lawns are always manicured; buildings are always maintained. They also take pride in their students. I am respected and helped by even the most ordinary Notre Dame staff member in even the most tangential meeting. Case in point: after I requested a student loan disbursement this semester (standard practice that almost everyone engages in) the financial aid assistant sent me a personal message to tell me my check was ready, and she seemed truly interested in helping me as soon as I showed up to collect it. And I am one of many, many people who showed up to collect these checks. Football--that's self-explanatory. It's a big part of campus during the Fall, and it is much fun. Small town--yes, South Bend is one. There are not abundant activities, and you are somewhat limited. But keep in mind, social butterfly, that you will have plenty to occupy your time in law school.

In short, I love this school. Graduate students, in general, I think, do not develop an attachment to their graduate school. Their loyalty remains in their undergraduate institution. At Notre Dame, you become part of the community as soon as you accept that offer of admission, and you begin to fall in love with this wonderful place the minute you step on campus."

In Notre Dame, Sheepdog

BeerMaker

Bronze

Post by BeerMaker » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 am

Anyone know when they start reviewing the wait list?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Green Glass Windows

Silver

Post by Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:07 pm

1984sheepdog wrote:Future domers, I wrote this in a PM to a fellow user. I'm a 1L by the way. I thought I would share the response so that anyone curious about South Bend or ND can be satisfied.

"South Bend in a nutshell: green, red, white, gold, beauty, compassion, football, small town.

Let me explain? South Bend is much different from the South (I'm also from the South, so I know what you are apprehensive of). Fall and Spring are gorgeous. If you've been confined to south of the Mason Dixon line, then you'll not understand the radiance of the changing leaves, of the blooming flowers and trees, and the perfect temperatures. Admittedly, the white is in there because there is a fair amount of snow and cold. People like to complain about it disproportionately to how bad it actually is. It is there, and you should bring a jacket. The Notre Dame campus is breathtaking, especially the famous Gold Dome (and that part of campus in general, which is just around the corner from the law school). Notre Dame takes pride in their campus, which shows. Lawns are always manicured; buildings are always maintained. They also take pride in their students. I am respected and helped by even the most ordinary Notre Dame staff member in even the most tangential meeting. Case in point: after I requested a student loan disbursement this semester (standard practice that almost everyone engages in) the financial aid assistant sent me a personal message to tell me my check was ready, and she seemed truly interested in helping me as soon as I showed up to collect it. And I am one of many, many people who showed up to collect these checks. Football--that's self-explanatory. It's a big part of campus during the Fall, and it is much fun. Small town--yes, South Bend is one. There are not abundant activities, and you are somewhat limited. But keep in mind, social butterfly, that you will have plenty to occupy your time in law school.

In short, I love this school. Graduate students, in general, I think, do not develop an attachment to their graduate school. Their loyalty remains in their undergraduate institution. At Notre Dame, you become part of the community as soon as you accept that offer of admission, and you begin to fall in love with this wonderful place the minute you step on campus."

In Notre Dame, Sheepdog
Wow, this is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Seems like a special place.

mlh1988

New

Post by mlh1988 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Waitlisted. Going to withdraw over the weekend. Congrats to all the admits!

grtbooks91

New

Post by grtbooks91 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:57 pm

1984sheepdog wrote:Future domers, I wrote this in a PM to a fellow user. I'm a 1L by the way. I thought I would share the response so that anyone curious about South Bend or ND can be satisfied.

In Notre Dame, Sheepdog
Yeah, this is exactly why I'm probably going to be there in the fall. Really nice post.

BTWalk

New

Post by BTWalk » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Decision rendered, so I guess I'll have to wait for snail mail. Pretty sure of the rejection since I didn't do the why ND essay :/ but LOR from an alumni who is the chair of my philosophy department and another from a judge...161/3.4. We'll see but hopes are low.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ganggreen

Bronze

Post by ganggreen » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Decision rendered, 164/3.9

bobbyh1919

Silver

Post by bobbyh1919 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Idk if others have been discussing this, but I just got this huge book from them (talking 170 pages) in the mail. Needless to say, it goes VERY in depth about the school and South Bend. Have to take a look at that later.

Green Glass Windows

Silver

Post by Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:51 pm

bobbyh1919 wrote:Idk if others have been discussing this, but I just got this huge book from them (talking 170 pages) in the mail. Needless to say, it goes VERY in depth about the school and South Bend. Have to take a look at that later.
Yeah, I really like the way its written as well. From a student's perspective- very informal.

NDIrish2012

Bronze

Post by NDIrish2012 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:07 pm

Does anyone know what the turn around time is between "complete" and going under review. I've been stuck at complete since 1/10- feels like an unusually long time. OH, and the post about Notre Dame above is great, and totally true!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Decision mailed today. Holding my breath until I open that envelope some time next week. :?

Edit: Didn't write a Why ND, hoping that doesn't kill my chances.
Last edited by omninode on Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alevin

New

Post by alevin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Decision mailed today. Didn't write a why ND, but hopeful still.

fishy

New

Post by fishy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Also decision mailed. No "Why ND". Not so hopeful.

topper10s

New

Post by topper10s » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:48 pm

My decision was finalized on 1/20 so I thought it would be a waitlist like everyone else, but I got an email today saying welcome to ND.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”