Case Western 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Gavel

New

Re: Case Western 2015

Post by Gavel » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:24 pm

just got 5k yearly with 2.33 stip. (was accepted a while back). will be withdrawing soon though so this will probably go to someone else.

JVanHo

New

Post by JVanHo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Received an e-mail for $30k/yr w/ 2.33 stip.

Also, I'm not clear on their deposit deadline. Is it April 15th, even though I was accepted this week? Or 2 weeks from acceptance e-mail?

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:53 pm

JVanHo wrote:Received an e-mail for $30k/yr w/ 2.33 stip.

Also, I'm not clear on their deposit deadline. Is it April 15th, even though I was accepted this week? Or 2 weeks from acceptance e-mail?
I think for you it's 2 weeks from your acceptance. Congrats on the scholarship!

HellOnHeels

Silver

Post by HellOnHeels » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Got an email raising my scholarship amount. Now I am doubting my decisions :cry:

amandacr

New

Post by amandacr » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:24 pm

stephinmd wrote:Got an email raising my scholarship amount. Now I am doubting my decisions :cry:
This is my exact predicament right now. Are you thinking of switching to CW? I haven't visited yet, but I might hurry over there to check it out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

charliep

Bronze

Post by charliep » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:40 pm

amandacr wrote:
stephinmd wrote:Got an email raising my scholarship amount. Now I am doubting my decisions :cry:
This is my exact predicament right now. Are you thinking of switching to CW? I haven't visited yet, but I might hurry over there to check it out.
samesies

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Give in to the dark side. It is pointless to resist.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Ersatz Haderach wrote:Give in to the dark side. It is pointless to resist.
And by the dark side I'm hoping you mean Case? Cuz it is pretty awesome.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Hi guys. Work has been keeping me away but just wanted to drop in real quick. I got $5k more a year today even though I had already deposited so I'm very happy!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:07 pm

neeko wrote:Hi guys. Work has been keeping me away but just wanted to drop in real quick. I got $5k more a year today even though I had already deposited so I'm very happy!
Yay!

hllh

New

Post by hllh » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Also got my scholarship increased! :D

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:46 pm

Very grateful to have also had my scholly increased today. I'm nearly at a full ride, but I just don't know if I can commit to CLE for the rest of my life. I've loved the city dearly my whole life and am a Browns season ticket holder, but part of me wants a warm change of scenery. I guess this is a good first world problem to have.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:22 am

goldenflash19 wrote:Very grateful to have also had my scholly increased today. I'm nearly at a full ride, but I just don't know if I can commit to CLE for the rest of my life. I've loved the city dearly my whole life and am a Browns season ticket holder, but part of me wants a warm change of scenery. I guess this is a good first world problem to have.
What's your alternative?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JK910

New

Post by JK910 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 am

goldenflash19 wrote:Very grateful to have also had my scholly increased today. I'm nearly at a full ride, but I just don't know if I can commit to CLE for the rest of my life. I've loved the city dearly my whole life and am a Browns season ticket holder, but part of me wants a warm change of scenery. I guess this is a good first world problem to have.
I got increased too, but it would take almost a full ride to get me to attend Case... Something doesn't smell right with all these unsolicited increases in scholarship increases.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:05 am

JK910 wrote:
I got increased too, but it would take almost a full ride to get me to attend Case... Something doesn't smell right with all these unsolicited increases in scholarship increases.
That's a ridiculous thing to say.

superbloom

Bronze

Post by superbloom » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:15 am

I tried withdrawing and got the 5k increase. This happened after I requested more and they said no.......

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:18 am

superbloom wrote:I tried withdrawing and got the 5k increase. This happened after I requested more and they said no.......
Haha that's awesome. It seems like this year they're really trying hard to get people with high numbers, so we should all be flattered :-)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:21 am

JK910 wrote:
It's called repeated year-on-year decreases in LSAT test takers and law school applicants, plus a geographical bias against the midwest, and a school that has decided it's not happy with sitting at 67. What happened was, we got a new Dean, and the university president gave him a big chunk of money to improve the school's ranking. The way they've chosen to do it, in waves, is pretty blatantly a play to spend the least money getting the most students, but so what? If it results in the best cost/benefit for you, great, if not, oh well. I'll just say...it's a much more favorable market for applying to law school than it was when I applied. Take advantage, whether that be in scholarship money or in getting off a waitlist at your dream school.

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 am

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:28 am

Ersatz Haderach wrote:
JK910 wrote:
It's called repeated year-on-year decreases in LSAT test takers and law school applicants, plus a geographical bias against the midwest, and a school that has decided it's not happy with sitting at 67. What happened was, we got a new Dean, and the university president gave him a big chunk of money to improve the school's ranking. The way they've chosen to do it, in waves, is pretty blatantly a play to spend the least money getting the most students, but so what? If it results in the best cost/benefit for you, great, if not, oh well. I'll just say...it's a much more favorable market for applying to law school than it was when I applied. Take advantage, whether that be in scholarship money or in getting off a waitlist at your dream school.
Yeah, I'm a fan of his extremely proactive approach to it all. And happy to take advantage of the scholarship of course.

goldenflash19

Silver

Post by goldenflash19 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:54 am

Ersatz Haderach wrote:
What's your alternative?
I'm a reverse splitter (164/4), so my most likely alternative is to retake/reapply. If I went that route and could get it up at least 4 pts, I'd target T14+ UCLA (my dream school). Literally my whole family is in NE OH, and I've never lived outside the state, so Case has its advantages, too.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JVanHo

New

Post by JVanHo » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:22 pm

I'm a fellow Browns season ticket holder! So if I don't go to Case, I'll still be visiting Cleveland 8 times a year :-)

ramitia

New

Post by ramitia » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:59 am

JVanHo wrote:
ramitia wrote:
Ohiobumpkin wrote:
eboston wrote:Is anyone still waiting on a decision? This is ridiculous that it's taking this long! Ive been accepted to schools ranked higher than Case for months. Just don't understand what is going on over there...
I haven't gotten a response either after the EXACT same problems. Been accepted at better schools, but I am waiting to see if I am getting any scholarships here! :x
Admissions decision or scholarship decision? If you have not received a scholarship offer by the end of March, that means you have not received one.
I'd shoot them an e-mail and just ask... it worked for me.
Well, I got my letter of congratulations. It seems I also received $38k/yr also with the 2.33 stip....

Way to just sneek up on me there, Case! I was about to drop my deposit at American. Looks like that's not gonna happen. :D

tonymontana45

New

Post by tonymontana45 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I got accepted yesterday, does scholarship information come with that? At a later time?

Jsa725

Gold

Post by Jsa725 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:08 pm

Last edited by Jsa725 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”