Case Western 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
superbloom

Re: Case Western 2015

Postby superbloom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Applied- 1/7
Stage 1- 1/20
Interview- 1/29
Stage 2- today

USMCMatt

Postby USMCMatt » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 pm

tooswolle wrote:Congrats! If I don't hear back by Friday I'm going to withdraw seriously unprofessional when I submitted in November.

Have you contacted their office? Could be a simple misplaced package issue....

OhioRider22

Postby OhioRider22 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:43 pm

So after being at Stage 2 of 2 for over a month, today my checker changed to "committee review." Has anyone else had this happen? I'm not sure if everyone gets this or if this is kind of a group discussion after everyone has individually reviewed my app because of some of the "unique" aspects of my app. And trust me, I would rather not be "unique."

burndtscorcho

Postby burndtscorcho » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:58 pm

OhioRider22 wrote:So after being at Stage 2 of 2 for over a month, today my checker changed to "committee review." Has anyone else had this happen? I'm not sure if everyone gets this or if this is kind of a group discussion after everyone has individually reviewed my app because of some of the "unique" aspects of my app. And trust me, I would rather not be "unique."

Same boat here...

OhioRider22

Postby OhioRider22 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:09 pm

burndtscorcho wrote:
OhioRider22 wrote:So after being at Stage 2 of 2 for over a month, today my checker changed to "committee review." Has anyone else had this happen? I'm not sure if everyone gets this or if this is kind of a group discussion after everyone has individually reviewed my app because of some of the "unique" aspects of my app. And trust me, I would rather not be "unique."

Same boat here...

Hmm... I wonder when this committee review will take place.

YankeeFan2

Postby YankeeFan2 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:44 pm

OhioRider22 wrote:
burndtscorcho wrote:

Same boat here...

Hmm... I wonder when this committee review will take place.

Same here. Stage 2/2 as of 1/4/12 now it says "Committee Review - Stage 2 of 2."

apeopleshistory

Postby apeopleshistory » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:03 pm

Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2LsAPlenty

Postby 2LsAPlenty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:32 pm

[/quote] Speaking from my own experience, you absolutely can. But, there is a big but here. A lot of people will tell you if your class rank is top 10% then you can. That helps a lot if you want a big law job in a big city, but, it's not the only thing. At least half of law review is still unemployed, and the ones who are employed got jobs are at firms in Ohio. However, I got an internship in DC this summer, and I know other people who are going to NYC, Boston, Cali, ect. To leave Ohio it's about really working hard on your applications, searching everywhere for listings, not giving up when you get rejection after rejection and making connections with people. A lot of it is also about work experience. I knew that I wanted to work in DC and do policy, so, I made sure that my resume had valuable work experience that showed what I wanted to do (internship in the Senate, currently working at a Constitutional law firm, wrote my note on creating policy, ect.) I know another girl who is actually doing entertainment law, not because she's in the top 10%, but because she's had a bunch of internships at labels, ect. It really helps to have your resume paint a clear picture of what you want to be doing, and if you ask me, that's key to leaving Ohio.Anyway, I too will be more than happy to answer everyone's questions. I'm a 2L and I also did my undergrad at Case. Also, sorry if everything I wrote sounds kind of discombobulated. I'm also working on writing a contract. Something you all can look forward to if you come to Case.[/quote]

Snowpeach, have you found that Case 2Ls looking outside Cleveland but not at NY or DC have had any success?

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:38 pm

2LsAPlenty wrote:

Snowpeach, have you found that Case 2Ls looking outside Cleveland but not at NY or DC have had any success?

Do you mean like going back to their hometown? Yeah, most people seem to have no issues with this - unless their hometown is a huge desirable city.

2LsAPlenty

Postby 2LsAPlenty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:42 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
2LsAPlenty wrote:

Do you mean like going back to their hometown? Yeah, most people seem to have no issues with this - unless their hometown is a huge desirable city.

I guess more along the lines of finding law firm summer jobs (and possibly permanent employment out of that job) outside of those markets. I have a friend thinking about Case and would like to work in Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin area in their bigger towns after school but is not from that area but has some family and friends there.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:46 pm

2LsAPlenty wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
2LsAPlenty wrote:

I guess more along the lines of finding law firm summer jobs (and possibly permanent employment out of that job) outside of those markets. I have a friend thinking about Case and would like to work in Iowa/Minnesota/Wisconsin area in their bigger towns after school but is not from that area but has some family and friends there.

I only know one person who wants to do this. She's from Ohio and her resume is all Ohio, but she wants to move to NC because her sister lives there. She's on law review but hasn't had any luck there yet. This same person had a lot of interviews in Boston, but, they seemed concerned that she didn't have "ties". I think the less connections you have to an area, the harder it is, but, I think that might be true for most law schools.

2LsAPlenty

Postby 2LsAPlenty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:51 pm

snowpeach06 wrote:
2LsAPlenty wrote:
snowpeach06 wrote:
2LsAPlenty wrote:

I only know one person who wants to do this. She's from Ohio and her resume is all Ohio, but she wants to move to NC because her sister lives there. She's on law review but hasn't had any luck there yet. This same person had a lot of interviews in Boston, but, they seemed concerned that she didn't have "ties". I think the less connections you have to an area, the harder it is, but, I think that might be true for most law schools.

Thanks. I don't know why Chicago or even St. Louis aren't an option. I would think you would have an easier time there. But then again, 2Ls at my midwest school can't find many SA law firm jobs period unless they are in the top 10%.

snowpeach06

Postby snowpeach06 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:58 pm

2LsAPlenty wrote:Thanks. I don't know why Chicago or even St. Louis aren't an option. I would think you would have an easier time there. But then again, 2Ls at my midwest school can't find many SA law firm jobs period unless they are in the top 10%.

A couple of midwest firms do OCI, but, it's about as many as the east coast firms. I've never really understood it either. Possibly because such a big chuck of the school is from NY.

checkster

Postby checkster » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks. I don't know why Chicago or even St. Louis aren't an option. I would think you would have an easier time there. But then again, 2Ls at my midwest school can't find many SA law firm jobs period unless they are in the top 10%.[/quote]

The guy that interviewed me is working in a big firm in St. Louis. He said he knows several people from his class that are in STL, Chicago, KC, and other midwest cities.

2LsAPlenty

Postby 2LsAPlenty » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm

checkster wrote:Thanks. I don't know why Chicago or even St. Louis aren't an option. I would think you would have an easier time there. But then again, 2Ls at my midwest school can't find many SA law firm jobs period unless they are in the top 10%.

The guy that interviewed me is working in a big firm in St. Louis. He said he knows several people from his class that are in STL, Chicago, KC, and other midwest cities.[/quote]

Thanks, I will pass that on. You would think St. Louis and Chicago would be options in he wants the midwest. I don't exactly know where his family or friends are located. Now Nebraska or parts of Iowa would be problematic I would think without ties and you are probably looking then at smaller firms.

caller10

Postby caller10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Has anyone gotten an email about scholarship offers? The email I got today about financial aid said that emails with scholarship offers will be continued to be sent out until the end of March and if you do not recieve one that means you did not get an offer. I realize that March hasn't started yet but I am wondering if anyone has even gotten an offer yet or if they are sending out all offers during March

checkster

Postby checkster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:39 pm

I got that e-mail as well, but I haven't heard an admission decision from them yet. : /

YankeeFan2

Postby YankeeFan2 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:47 pm

checkster wrote:I got that e-mail as well, but I haven't heard an admission decision from them yet. : /

I got that as well. It would actually be nice to get an admission decision from them. Since I have been in "stage 2/2" since January 4th. Oh and I did have the interview as well. So, I am just waiting..................

NYC KID

Postby NYC KID » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 pm

YankeeFan2 wrote:
checkster wrote:I got that e-mail as well, but I haven't heard an admission decision from them yet. : /

I got that as well. It would actually be nice to get an admission decision from them. Since I have been in "stage 2/2" since January 4th. Oh and I did have the interview as well. So, I am just waiting..................

Same here. Been in 2/2 since 1/17. Opted out of the interview.

genius5432

Postby genius5432 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:29 pm

I'm pretty sure we all got that email and all it means is that Case is way behind all the other schools time-wise. They are the only school I applied to that doesn't require a March 1st FAFSA submission date - Case asks for it to be submitted by May 1st.

CPM723

Postby CPM723 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:37 pm

When I was accepted about a month ago they told me that scholarship offers would be given in 2 weeks...just another example of how far behind Case is this year.

caller10

Postby caller10 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:19 pm

CPM723 wrote:When I was accepted about a month ago they told me that scholarship offers would be given in 2 weeks...just another example of how far behind Case is this year.

They told me this too. I just wanted to see if anyone accepted has gotten a scholarship. Nobody has listed they have on LSN but I wanted to doublecheck here

amandacr

Postby amandacr » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm

caller10 wrote:
CPM723 wrote:When I was accepted about a month ago they told me that scholarship offers would be given in 2 weeks...just another example of how far behind Case is this year.

They told me this too. I just wanted to see if anyone accepted has gotten a scholarship. Nobody has listed they have on LSN but I wanted to doublecheck here

I was accepted via phone call last week - they told me a few weeks for scholarship info, so it might be a bit longer.

neeko

Postby neeko » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:23 pm

They really made me wait for this one. Accepted today!

Ohiobumpkin

Postby Ohiobumpkin » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:34 pm

neeko wrote:They really made me wait for this one. Accepted today!

Congrats!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”