Case Western 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Case Western 2015

Post by IHaveLawyers » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:56 pm

Current student at Case, curious to see who will be applying this year.

CPM723

Bronze

Re: Case Western 2015

Post by CPM723 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm applying this year. I sent my app in a few weeks ago.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:55 pm

I applied! I'm from Cleveland, would be nice to have the option to go back.

imbored25

Bronze

Post by imbored25 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 pm

I'll be applying

apeopleshistory

Bronze

Post by apeopleshistory » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Last edited by apeopleshistory on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CPM723

Bronze

Post by CPM723 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:17 am

Does anybody know what the classroom experience is like at Case?

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:30 am

IHaveLawyers wrote:Current student at Case, curious to see who will be applying this year.
How do you like Cleveland?

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:59 pm

CPM723 wrote:Does anybody know what the classroom experience is like at Case?
I don't know how much I have speak about this because I have not sat in on classes other schools. With that said, I am really liking this school. We use to Socratic method in class, so you have to come to class parpaered and read all the assigned material - no ones knows who is gonna get called on to discuss the case. It a little weird at first but after the first week it gets much easier. The professors don't make a huge deal about it if you have no read. With that said, I think the class my class experience has been good, most profs (all of mine) let you bring laptops to class, but I have stopped doing that because ESPN is too tempting.

Another big part of class experience is the students, I like most of the students in my section but there are defiantly some hidden gunners. Most students are pretty welcoming, even the older ones. Just don't be the guy/girl that has to answer every question - people will hate you.

I don't know what else to add, it has only been about 6 weeks. If you have an specific questions, I would happy to address them.

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:11 pm

Ginj wrote:
IHaveLawyers wrote:Current student at Case, curious to see who will be applying this year.
I like Cleveland, but most people are indifferent. I am from a big city (top 5), and I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of culture in Cleveland. We have 3 professional team (all of them will eventually make a come back), a lot of theaters, music venues, museums, farmers markets, huge bike scenes, and several decent bars. Cleveland's bar scenes was recently ranked as a top 10 dentition in America. There are several bars near school, the coventry area has a good verity, and downtown is always popping with the night clubs and a ton of bars.

There is a lot to do in Cleveland, you will not run out of things to do. But if you are one of those people that always sees the glass half empty, then you will easily find fault. In my opinion I can not even of 5% of the cool things that I have been planning to do here because of school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:30 pm

IHaveLawyers wrote:
Ginj wrote:
I like Cleveland, but most people are indifferent. I am from a big city (top 5), and I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of culture in Cleveland. We have 3 professional team (all of them will eventually make a come back), a lot of theaters, music venues, museums, farmers markets, huge bike scenes, and several decent bars. Cleveland's bar scenes was recently ranked as a top 10 dentition in America. There are several bars near school, the coventry area has a good verity, and downtown is always popping with the night clubs and a ton of bars.

There is a lot to do in Cleveland, you will not run out of things to do. But if you are one of those people that always sees the glass half empty, then you will easily find fault. In my opinion I can not even of 5% of the cool things that I have been planning to do here because of school.
Your optimism is deeply unsettling. :wink: Especially regarding the sports teams. I urge you to adopt a broad reading of "eventually".

Tremont and W. 25th are better than Coventry, Coventry/Little Italy's appeal is that it's walking distance for most people.

I agree, though - I don't see how anyone can complain there's nothing to do in Cleveland. Obviously, anyone who expects New York City is going to be disappointed. It's not like we have that much free time, anyway.

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:57 pm

Your optimism is deeply unsettling. :wink: Especially regarding the sports teams. I urge you to adopt a broad reading of "eventually".
Haha, no way man! Things are looking up. The Indians had a decent years and would have been competitive if they didn't throw everything away towards the end of the season. The Browns are looking decent, I think they have turned a corner and will be a competitive team next year.

The Cavaliers on the other hand... they appear to be the only team that will benfit from a lockout, they might get another high draft pick next year.

See, not so bad...?

catholicgirl

Bronze

Post by catholicgirl » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:03 pm

Last edited by catholicgirl on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

caller10

New

Post by caller10 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:57 pm

I applied yesterday. I visited Case and loved it!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JK910

New

Post by JK910 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:46 am

I applied last week. Case was always on my radar (but not very high); however, I was very impressed with their admissions personnel which made take a much closer look.

msuz

Bronze

Post by msuz » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:36 am

I heard that Cleveland's economy was based completely around Lebron James. Where are you going to move after you graduate?

JK, but seriously, how deportable is your degree going to be to surrounding midwestern states if I dont really want to practice in Ohio?

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:31 am

msuz wrote:I heard that Cleveland's economy was based completely around Lebron James. Where are you going to move after you graduate?

JK, but seriously, how deportable is your degree going to be to surrounding midwestern states if I dont really want to practice in Ohio?
If you really don't want to practice in Ohio, you should not go to a regional law school. You shouldn't even go to OSU in that case. It's very possible you can work outside Ohio after graduation (a majority of grads do) but I think you need to focus on the fact that the majority of opportunities afforded you *by the law school* will be in Ohio or nearby. You can always find your own thing, but that's more or less independent of where you go to school.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:32 am

JK910 wrote:I applied last week. Case was always on my radar (but not very high); however, I was very impressed with their admissions personnel which made take a much closer look.
What impressed you about them?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:44 am

Ersatz Haderach wrote:
JK910 wrote:I applied last week. Case was always on my radar (but not very high); however, I was very impressed with their admissions personnel which made take a much closer look.
What impressed you about them?
I'm curious, too. I emailed them a week ago and haven't heard back yet. They are still high on my list, but it would be nice to hear back from them.

IHaveLawyers

Bronze

Post by IHaveLawyers » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Great to see this much interest in our school!

I agree with the above poster, if you don't want to practice in this area, you should not come to Case. Proximity to where you want to practice is one of the biggest factors in determining where you want to go to law school.

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:05 pm

I am graduating from CWRU in December, and I know a few of the law Professor's. I really like the Prof's I know. Genuinely want to talk with students. I am working with two of them to set up a forum, and they make time to meet with me, and are very involved in creating the event and coordinating it with other parts of the school. Additionally, they have helped me find speakers for two of the student groups I am in, and have always replied to my emails within two days, even though I am an undergrad. The law school itself is very nice, and the library staff is extremely helpful (I have had to do research there for papers, and they always show me around). I have a great impression of the faculty and staff, but I have not taken any classes at the law school.

CPM723

Bronze

Post by CPM723 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Do students hang out together outside of class, or is it very much a come to class and go home for the weekend kind of school?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

89vision

Bronze

Post by 89vision » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:33 pm

^
For undergrad, most people stay on campus during the weekends. There is plenty to do. The RTA bus runs right down Euclid, which provides transportation to the downtown area (house of blues, tons of bars). There are shuttles that go to Coventry, which has good places to eat and shop, and a couple of bars plus a music venue.

CPM723

Bronze

Post by CPM723 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm wondering more the law school than the undergrad.

HellOnHeels

Silver

Post by HellOnHeels » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:15 pm

I'm thinking about applying here. Does anyone know how the housing market is?

dstr15

New

Post by dstr15 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:38 pm

CPM723 wrote:Do students hang out together outside of class, or is it very much a come to class and go home for the weekend kind of school?
There is definitely a lot fo socializing outside of class, especially before orientation and throughout the first few weeks. It was really easy to meet people to hang out with on weekends or whatever. The SBA does a bar review on thursday with drink specials so a lot of people go to that.

Also a lot of students are from different states so its more the exception and not the norm to be a commuter.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”