Seattle University c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawlaw87

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby lawlaw87 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:21 pm

un-vordox wrote:I just withdrew. Good luck to everyone else and hopefully I opened up a seat for one of you.

I hope I get your seat :D Good luck to you!

neeko

Postby neeko » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:22 pm

un-vordox wrote:I just withdrew. Good luck to everyone else and hopefully I opened up a seat for one of you.

Where did you decide to go?

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:41 pm

neeko wrote:

I'm still not completely sure, but I'm leaning toward retaking the LSAT and re-applying next year. I did absolute minimum preparation for my one and only LSAT. It was almost a cold take. Seeing all these scholarship awards has made me re-think it.

As for where I'll end up, my fiance and I have narrowed it down to Portland or Denver. She's graduating from her MSW program this spring, so we're most likely going to wherever she gets the best job. I'm on L&C's unofficial waitlist right now, but I'll most likely re-apply to ASU (only because we already have a house here in Phoenix), Denver, L&C and Willamette (in case we end up in Portland and I don't get into L&C).

I actually loved Seattle, but I gotta keep the future wife happy and we both liked Portland.

Neeko, are you for sure going to SU?

neeko

Postby neeko » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 pm

un-vordox wrote:
neeko wrote:

I'm still not completely sure, but I'm leaning toward retaking the LSAT and re-applying next year. I did absolute minimum preparation for my one and only LSAT. It was almost a cold take. Seeing all these scholarship awards has made me re-think it.

As for where I'll end up, my fiance and I have narrowed it down to Portland or Denver. She's graduating from her MSW program this spring, so we're most likely going to wherever she gets the best job. I'm on L&C's unofficial waitlist right now, but I'll most likely re-apply to ASU (only because we already have a house here in Phoenix), Denver, L&C and Willamette (in case we end up in Portland and I don't get into L&C).

I actually loved Seattle, but I gotta keep the future wife happy and we both liked Portland.

Neeko, are you for sure going to SU?

Good luck with your retake if you go that route!

Not for sure yet, I'll be there next week and then decide after I visit a few more schools throughout the month. I hope they'll work with me on relaxing the stip, I think it's a deal breaker right now.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:45 pm

I took a tour of the law school and sat in on a 1L class the other day and I really enjoyed it. After having coffee up there with an alumni and going to the luncheon I think I am going to be going to SU, but I am waiting to be "reconsidered" for schol since not only is admission pretty high the cost of living is through the roof after looking around for some places to live.

princeR

Postby princeR » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:08 am

atcushman wrote:I took a tour of the law school and sat in on a 1L class the other day and I really enjoyed it. After having coffee up there with an alumni and going to the luncheon I think I am going to be going to SU, but I am waiting to be "reconsidered" for schol since not only is admission pretty high the cost of living is through the roof after looking around for some places to live.

You can find apartments in the Univ. District for around $700 and around $400 in the International District.

akakak

Postby akakak » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 am

princeR wrote:You can find apartments in the Univ. District for around $700 and around $400 in the International District.

nooooo! not the u. district! :o

lawlaw87

Postby lawlaw87 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:10 pm

anyone still under review/decision pending since first week of January (1/5)???

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 pm

lawlaw87 wrote:anyone still under review/decision pending since first week of January (1/5)???

I'm not at 1/5 but am at 1/24. Hopefully you will hear from them soon.

lawlaw87

Postby lawlaw87 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:51 pm

cpinker3 wrote:
lawlaw87 wrote:anyone still under review/decision pending since first week of January (1/5)???

I'm really nervous, I feel like everyone who went complete around my time has already heard back so at this time I'm expecting a rejection or maybe a waitlist :(

6lehderjets

Postby 6lehderjets » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:29 pm

princeR wrote:
atcushman wrote:I took a tour of the law school and sat in on a 1L class the other day and I really enjoyed it. After having coffee up there with an alumni and going to the luncheon I think I am going to be going to SU, but I am waiting to be "reconsidered" for schol since not only is admission pretty high the cost of living is through the roof after looking around for some places to live.

You can find apartments in the Univ. District for around $700 and around $400 in the International District.

I'm not a Seattle native so pardon my naivete, what's the reputation of the U District and the International District? Are the decent areas to live in or they considered undesirable areas?

ZoonEchonLogon

Postby ZoonEchonLogon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:11 pm

lawlaw87 wrote:
cpinker3 wrote:

I'm really nervous, I feel like everyone who went complete around my time has already heard back so at this time I'm expecting a rejection or maybe a waitlist :(

What are your numbers? It looks like you have already gotten into some peer schools/higher ranked schools. I wouldn't worry too much, I heard on a Thursday, so hopefully you will hear something tomorrow! Best of luck.

akakak

Postby akakak » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:45 pm

6lehderjets wrote:
princeR wrote:

I'm not a Seattle native so pardon my naivete, what's the reputation of the U District and the International District? Are the decent areas to live in or they considered undesirable areas?

I've lived in the city for many years so I'll give my bit, for what its worth.

I despise the U District and would not personally want to live there ever, but thats me. UW has over 40k students which basically run the neighborhood. Its full of cheap food and booze (which isnt necessarily bad) but it is so overcrowded. Its impossible to walk down the street without bumping into students on their phones or weaving through packs of them out together. Everyone in the U District seems to be about 20. Nights are loud with partying, frat boys and girls wandering home drunk and mornings are a mess. The huge oblivious student population also brings in a lot of pickpockets, petty crime, hecklers, and beggars (of the 21 year old 'need beer and dog food' sign holding variety). Probably not too different from any other US neighborhood adjacent to a huge university. But, its cheap to live there...

The international district isn't too bad. It can be a bit seedy in parts but has lots of great restaurants and grocery stores. Can't say too much though as I don't spend a ton of time there.

Ballard was mentioned before as well. Its definitely not a dump anymore. Its tons of condos and TONS of bars. Its like the party neighborhood to move to after you graduate from UW and get a decent job. Not bad but too crowded for my taste.

I love Greenwood, Phinney Ridge, Crown Hill areas but they aren't super close to campus. Closer I guess would be Madison Park, Leschi, Madrona, Beacon Hill and Colombia City. I like these neighborhoods because they have nice balance of people (different ages, ethnicities, incomes, etc) and have decent hubs with groceries, bars, restaurants and shops. They also tend to have a good (in my opinion) people to nature ratio with parks and beaches interspersed in relatively urban areas. Check the bus routes though as some of these areas aren't well served.

Although its a bit outdated it is still hilarious and somewhat informational, check out the Almost Live Guide to Living in Seattle. Watch all the parts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JFYAq5cAQ0

clarsen

Postby clarsen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:07 am

akakak wrote:Although its a bit outdated it is still hilarious and somewhat informational, check out the Almost Live Guide to Living in Seattle. Watch all the parts!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JFYAq5cAQ0

I'm currently watching this, and it is amazing! I highly recommend this to anyone considering relocating to Seattle. Yes, it's dated, but still pretty accurate. I have lived in the greater Seattle area my entire life (27 years) and I am definitely proud of everything this video stands for.

My favorite line (because it is so true!):
"This city runs on coffee. You know, you take it away and there are going to be big problems. People don't get their caffeine, our entire way of life is going to go right down the tubes."

I would guess that more than half of us have coffee at any given time in every class. SU gave all students travel mugs during orientation.

robwilke

Postby robwilke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Any movement this week? I've been in review since 1/16, but judging from last years class of 2014 thread, a decision may not arrive until later next month. Le sigh.

lawlaw87

Postby lawlaw87 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:11 pm

robwilke wrote:Any movement this week? I've been in review since 1/16, but judging from last years class of 2014 thread, a decision may not arrive until later next month. Le sigh.

Nothing so far and I've been in review since 1/5! I noticed everyone here got their status update either on thursday or Friday! So I'm hoping we here something today or tomorrow....

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 pm

-
Last edited by cpinker3 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lawlaw87

Postby lawlaw87 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm

cpinker3 wrote:
lawlaw87 wrote:
robwilke wrote:Any movement this week? I've been in review since 1/16, but judging from last years class of 2014 thread, a decision may not arrive until later next month. Le sigh.

Nothing so far and I've been in review since 1/5! I noticed everyone here got their status update either on thursday or Friday! So I'm hoping we here something today or tomorrow....

I just got wait listed via status checker. Kinda bummed, but I have already gotten into a good school that is more practical for me (not dissing Seattle ,I have loved it everytime I have visited but I am currently living on the East Coast so it would be a huge transition anyway.) Congrats to everyone who got in and to those on the wait list good luck and will probably be withdrawing my app in the near future.

I'm sorry to hear that! Could you tell me your application complete date?

cpinker3

Postby cpinker3 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:56 pm

lawlaw87 wrote:
cpinker3 wrote:
lawlaw87 wrote:

I just got wait listed via status checker. Kinda bummed, but I have already gotten into a good school that is more practical for me (not dissing Seattle ,I have loved it everytime I have visited but I am currently living on the East Coast so it would be a huge transition anyway.) Congrats to everyone who got in and to those on the wait list good luck and will probably be withdrawing my app in the near future.

I'm sorry to hear that! Could you tell me your application complete date?

1/24/2012
I guessing I got wait listed because I am on the East Coast and they wanted to get a LOCI this late in the cycle to see how serious I was about attending.
Best of Luck to you!

lawlaw87

Postby lawlaw87 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Nothing so far and I've been in review since 1/5! I noticed everyone here got their status update either on thursday or Friday! So I'm hoping we here something today or tomorrow....[/quote]

I just got wait listed via status checker. Kinda bummed, but I have already gotten into a good school that is more practical for me (not dissing Seattle ,I have loved it everytime I have visited but I am currently living on the East Coast so it would be a huge transition anyway.) Congrats to everyone who got in and to those on the wait list good luck and will probably be withdrawing my app in the near future.[/quote]

I'm sorry to hear that! Could you tell me your application complete date?[/quote]
1/24/2012
I guessing I got wait listed because I am on the East Coast and they wanted to get a LOCI this late in the cycle to see how serious I was about attending.
Best of Luck to you![/quote]

Good luck with your school :) I hope I hear back soon, can't wait anymore!

robwilke

Postby robwilke » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Good luck man, thanks for the info. I'm sure things will work out for the best. I'm really hoping to get accepted as it's my number one school, so here's to hearing something soon.

lawlaw87

Postby lawlaw87 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 pm

robwilke wrote:Good luck man, thanks for the info. I'm sure things will work out for the best. I'm really hoping to get accepted as it's my number one school, so here's to hearing something soon.

+1

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:54 pm

Got into Seattle U but will be withdrawing soon. Hopefully a TLSer on the WL will get my spot.

neeko

Postby neeko » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:01 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:Got into Seattle U but will be withdrawing soon. Hopefully a TLSer on the WL will get my spot.

Have you decided where you are going yet?

KibblesnBitts

Postby KibblesnBitts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:02 pm

neeko wrote:
KibblesnBitts wrote:Got into Seattle U but will be withdrawing soon. Hopefully a TLSer on the WL will get my spot.

Have you decided where you are going yet?

I'm not going to decide until the deadlines at this point - many options to consider. Do you have any idea where you're going yet?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”