Seattle University c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pdizzle
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:18 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby pdizzle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Mine stipulates top 25% as well.

jme8
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby jme8 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:23 am

I was looking at the SU's website and noticed they have a laptop requirement. I know it says that Mac OS doesn't work but what if I run Windows on my macbook?

llachans
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby llachans » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:00 pm

$15,000/top 25%.

Lame.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby neeko » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:12 pm

llachans wrote:$15,000/top 25%.

Lame.


Tell me about it. That stip is ruining my plans.

clarsen
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby clarsen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:27 pm

jme8 wrote:I was looking at the SU's website and noticed they have a laptop requirement. I know it says that Mac OS doesn't work but what if I run Windows on my macbook?


Macs are fine. I don't know why they haven't updated the website because nearly half the student body uses a Mac at this point. It used to be required that you had bootcamp so that you could run the exam software, but they have since made it Mac compatible.

User avatar
lawlaw87
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby lawlaw87 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:18 pm

I've been In Review/Decision Pending since 1/5 :?: this wait is driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyy! :(

ZoonEchonLogon
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby ZoonEchonLogon » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:10 pm

lawlaw87 wrote:I've been In Review/Decision Pending since 1/5 :?: this wait is driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyy! :(


I hear you. In review since 1/6. I need a decision!!

User avatar
akakak
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby akakak » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Anyone else submit the Scholars for Justice app? I was told they'd make a decision by March 15th at the latest. Not bad.

User avatar
3rdDan
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby 3rdDan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Congratz to all those who have been accepted. I received my acceptance this past weekend.
Still waiting on packet.

Completed on 11/27

Rosem80
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby Rosem80 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:43 pm

I was accepted on 01/13 and still no packet, and I live an hour out of Seattle. For those of you still waiting I guess they send out the packets every Friday, crossing my fingers it comes by next week!

rahrah
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby rahrah » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:42 pm

ZoonEchonLogon wrote:
lawlaw87 wrote:I've been In Review/Decision Pending since 1/5 :?: this wait is driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyy! :(


I hear you. In review since 1/6. I need a decision!!


I've been in review since 12/30. :(

divtheshin
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby divtheshin » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:44 pm

I think I read somewhere on their website that the status checkers update on Tuesday. Here's to hoping for some news tomorrow. Decision pending since 1/4 for me.

User avatar
lawlaw87
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby lawlaw87 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Just got my first rejection from UW :( Please SU give me a +decision and put me out my misery!

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby Magnifique1908 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Did anyone receive the email containing the Facebook invite? Lol

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby neeko » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:Did anyone receive the email containing the Facebook invite? Lol


I didn't. I wonder why

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby Magnifique1908 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:14 pm

neeko wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:Did anyone receive the email containing the Facebook invite? Lol


I didn't. I wonder why


There's no bcc, I can see all the emails. There's some pretty strange rules and it appears to be run by current students.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby neeko » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:
neeko wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:Did anyone receive the email containing the Facebook invite? Lol


I didn't. I wonder why


There's no bcc, I can see all the emails. There's some pretty strange rules and it appears to be run by current students.


Weird. What are the strange rules?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby Magnifique1908 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 pm

I won't go into too much detail prob for the same reason I may not join....lots of rules where the consequence for the behavior is revocation of your admission offer. And not just common sense behavior like not cursing or being a total jerk. Some things that we discuss amongst ourselves here, if discussed in the group, would result in losing your offer.

Its not strict, just strange....

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby chill » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:I won't go into too much detail prob for the same reason I may not join....lots of rules where the consequence for the behavior is revocation of your admission offer. And not just common sense behavior like not cursing or being a total jerk. Some things that we discuss amongst ourselves here, if discussed in the group, would result in losing your offer.

Its not strict, just strange....


"While the penalty is not death..."

Weirdest email I've gotten this cycle. Also, seriously? Not BCC'ing the emails? Weird.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby neeko » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Did anyone else not get the email?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby Magnifique1908 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 pm

chill wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:I won't go into too much detail prob for the same reason I may not join....lots of rules where the consequence for the behavior is revocation of your admission offer. And not just common sense behavior like not cursing or being a total jerk. Some things that we discuss amongst ourselves here, if discussed in the group, would result in losing your offer.

Its not strict, just strange....


"While the penalty is not death..."

Weirdest email I've gotten this cycle. Also, seriously? Not BCC'ing the emails? Weird.


Right!! Glad I wasn't the only one who thought so.

User avatar
akakak
Posts: 71
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby akakak » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:34 pm

neeko wrote:Did anyone else not get the email?


Also did not get it. And fine with that from the sounds of it!

clarsen
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby clarsen » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:40 pm

I did not send the Facebook invite, but I would highly recommend joining the group. A similar group was created for my class, and I can say that it has been one of the most helpful tools in preparation for school and it is a great way to start connecting with classmates. Some people utilized it to find roommates, while others simply found it to be a great way get answers to questions (similar to this forum). Additionally, once classes began, Section Groups branched off from this original group and it creates another great place for questions or just everyday law school banter.

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby chill » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:46 am

clarsen wrote:I did not send the Facebook invite, but I would highly recommend joining the group. A similar group was created for my class, and I can say that it has been one of the most helpful tools in preparation for school and it is a great way to start connecting with classmates. Some people utilized it to find roommates, while others simply found it to be a great way get answers to questions (similar to this forum). Additionally, once classes began, Section Groups branched off from this original group and it creates another great place for questions or just everyday law school banter.


Having reread the email: it looks like students did make this (or, at least, a student sent me the email). Now, the tone and sense of humor in the email makes a lot more sense (and makes it kind of fun, not weird!). I had, initially, assumed that it was like W&L's facebook group, which is run by the admissions office. It would've been a weird thing to get from an SU employee, but it's a kind of cute thing to get from an SU student.

clarsen
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby clarsen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:25 am

chill wrote:Having reread the email: it looks like students did make this (or, at least, a student sent me the email). Now, the tone and sense of humor in the email makes a lot more sense (and makes it kind of fun, not weird!). I had, initially, assumed that it was like W&L's facebook group, which is run by the admissions office. It would've been a weird thing to get from an SU employee, but it's a kind of cute thing to get from an SU student.


It's definitely from a student (ambassador), who happens to be a good friend of mine, and I am actually somewhat of a moderator for the group. I just confirmed that the group is only for admitted students, and currently invites have been sent to approx. 75% of you. The rules are all in fun, and I think the worst that would ever happen is a post would be deleted. I recall last year some talk about scholarships taking place, and we were just reminded of the rules and the post was removed.

It really is just a place for admitted students to connect and get answers, so that the decision of which law school to attend will be as painless as possible. As I briefly touched on in my previous post, it really becomes a great resource once classes begin.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bcapace, gilmoregirrrl, Google [Bot], Kungfu Wontons, themouse92, Veil of Ignorance, Yahoo [Bot] and 21 guests