Seattle University c/o 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Deadlights13

New

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Post by Deadlights13 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:16 am

RaleighStClair wrote:What kinds of stats are you guys/girls working with? I just got my score back and it's a 161, so above their 75th, but my GPA is below their 25th quartile.

Do you think I should retake...? Or apply early with a 161...? :|
I think you have a pretty good chance- better than mine I'm afraid. Unfortunately, I am a reverse-splitter and am walking the 'median' tight-rope. Sadly, I am relying on my GPA, community service, WA. residency and LORs from Alumni of the school to push the envelope. I know the schools tend to downplay 'the numbers game', but LSAT scores are obviously the one thing that can make or break you. Good luck to you (though you probably don't need it).

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:01 am

RaleighStClair wrote:What kinds of stats are you guys/girls working with? I just got my score back and it's a 161, so above their 75th, but my GPA is below their 25th quartile.

Do you think I should retake...? Or apply early with a 161...? :|
I'm a splitter, too. It seems like Seattle is splitter friendly and that you should be fine.

akakak

New

Post by akakak » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:24 pm

my lsat is above their 75th percentile and my gpa just about at the 25th percentile, though my degree gpa is amost 4.0. while i'm considering it a bit of a safety school i really love their curriculum and social justice focus. think it might be difficult to make a decision if i also get into one of my reach schools. it'll likely come down to money.

RaleighStClair

Bronze

Post by RaleighStClair » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:20 pm

Yeah SU does seem to be somewhat splitter-friendly. Just not nearly as much for 161's as for 163+'s. I decided I don't think I'm going to re-take. Going to have to just try to show as much interest as possible.

msu1077

Bronze

Post by msu1077 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Does everyone else have their status set at "File Complete - In Review" with an additional decision status of "Decision Pending"? I've never seen the additional "decision status" category in any of my other status checkers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Yeah I was just looking at that too. Weird.

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Mine has it, too.

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Is anyone else having problems logging onto the status checker? I can see the status from the downloadable status checker program that a TLS user created but it won't accept my password for the site. I've even had my password e-mailed to me to confirm that it's the correct password (that works for every other college's status checker). I have no idea how to fix it : /

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:05 pm

I do not have that problem. I have the status checker program running on my desktop pretty much 24/7 and I was still able to log in manually just now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:18 pm

Hm. I guess I'll call them tomorrow and try and figure out what the problem could be.

Lilberkie

New

Post by Lilberkie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:28 pm

msu1077 wrote:Does everyone else have their status set at "File Complete - In Review" with an additional decision status of "Decision Pending"? I've never seen the additional "decision status" category in any of my other status checkers.
Hi, Berkeley does the same thing. I think they probably just choose from a list and that's what a few of them chose.... Mine has said that from the day I submitted the app, so I don't think it means too much. :(

atcushman

Bronze

Post by atcushman » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm

Just turned mine in today really hoping I was early enough I am pretty borderline with my numbers but I have good softs and work experience that I hope helps because this is one of my top choices.

cattleprod

New

Post by cattleprod » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:31 pm

PDaddy wrote:
Lilberkie wrote:App in 10/1. Any idea how long it'll take to get an answer?
About 3-3/4 years, when you likely graduate with no job prospects. great school educationally, fantastic city, great people, good party school, LOUSY job prospects. Go to a top-20 or don't go...it's that bad.
+1. As a practicing lawyer in the Seattle area, I can confirm that you need to be top 10% at Seattle Univ to even be considered by small firms.
The pecking order in the Puget Sound regions is:

1) T14 below median that didn't get jobs in Biglaw (and they need local roots)
2) Univ of Washington top 25% (anyone below that better have connections with a family member)
3) Seattle Univ top 10% (anyone below that better have connections with a family member)

Seriously. This is not worth going into debt by $100,000+ unless you already have a job lined up.
Don't count on your friends. The only reliable connections are Mom, Dad or maybe a favorite uncle/aunt.
If you don't have that, then expect to be going solo after graduation.
Just my opinion.

Fun school in a great city. But this degree is not going to get you a job unless you are top of the class.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

No13baby

Bronze

Post by No13baby » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:57 pm

cattleprod wrote: As a practicing lawyer in the Seattle area, I can confirm that you need to be top 10% at Seattle Univ to even be considered by small firms.
The pecking order in the Puget Sound regions is:

1) T14 below median that didn't get jobs in Biglaw (and they need local roots)
2) Univ of Washington top 25% (anyone below that better have connections with a family member)
3) Seattle Univ top 10% (anyone below that better have connections with a family member)

Seriously. This is not worth going into debt by $100,000+ unless you already have a job lined up.
Don't count on your friends. The only reliable connections are Mom, Dad or maybe a favorite uncle/aunt.
If you don't have that, then expect to be going solo after graduation.
Just my opinion.

Fun school in a great city. But this degree is not going to get you a job unless you are top of the class.
Please stop posting this everywhere.
Discussion between applicants is fine, but this forum is NOT the place to argue or debate which law schools are worth attending and under what circumstances. The threads here typically involve people who have already decided to apply and are seeking or sharing news on the state of their applications. You and them and everyone else are all free to discuss whether or not attending is a good idea in the appropriate forum, not here.

Starting or perpetuating arguments here about whether a school is worth attending may be deemed trolling and get you banned.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=146613
Last edited by No13baby on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:13 pm

this degree is not going to get you a job unless you are top of the class.
GTFO ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OMG where can I find more info on this? I'm so glad you posted in this thread! :roll:

atcushman

Bronze

Post by atcushman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:29 pm

un-vordox wrote:
GTFO ARE YOU SERIOUS?! OMG where can I find more info on this? I'm so glad you posted in this thread! :roll:
+1

cattleprod

New

Post by cattleprod » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:20 pm

atcushman wrote:
un-vordox wrote:
+1
The sad part is, you realize it and you are still doing it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:44 pm

No, seriously, GTFO of this thread.

You don't even know what my situation is. GTFO.

Lilberkie

New

Post by Lilberkie » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:53 pm

I got this type of harassment from people claiming to be shocked that I'd applied to both MSU and Berkeley. People need to stop obsessing about numbers and choose schools that are right for them, then leave the rest of us alone. And btw, I have several good friends who have great jobs they love coming from Seattle U.

rckybbby

New

Post by rckybbby » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:55 pm

un-vordox wrote:No, seriously, GTFO of this thread.

You don't even know what my situation is. GTFO.
best. post. ever. +10

skirkland

New

Post by skirkland » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:15 pm

Lilberkie wrote:I got this type of harassment from people claiming to be shocked that I'd applied to both MSU and Berkeley. People need to stop obsessing about numbers and choose schools that are right for them, then leave the rest of us alone. And btw, I have several good friends who have great jobs they love coming from Seattle U.
Same here. I've heard people say not to even bother going to William and Mary because the degree is worthless, and I've even heard people smashing the lower half of the t14. I think the value of the school you choose to attend is measured by much more than USNWR rankings. Everyone has different reasons for choosing when and where to attend law school. Mind your business :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Word up.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:42 pm

cattleprod wrote:+1.
Banned for a week.

Don't ignore mod warnings. I said a page ago to drop it, so DROP IT.

atcushman

Bronze

Post by atcushman » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:02 am

how long did it take for you guys toget a comformation letter I sent my app in almost a week ago and have not heard anything

un-vordox

Bronze

Post by un-vordox » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:09 am

I sent in my app on 10/1 and went complete 10/6. There were less applicants then, though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”