Seattle University c/o 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
msu1077

Re: Seattle University c/o 2015

Postby msu1077 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:55 pm

I found out I was in via status checker on 12/16, then received an email a couple days later. I still haven't received an admission packet...anyone else in my same boat? I only ask because the USPS has been mixing up my mail with one of my neighbors and I'm worried it may have gotten thrown away :evil:

neeko

Postby neeko » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:46 pm

msu1077 wrote:I found out I was in via status checker on 12/16, then received an email a couple days later. I still haven't received an admission packet...anyone else in my same boat? I only ask because the USPS has been mixing up my mail with one of my neighbors and I'm worried it may have gotten thrown away :evil:

I haven't received mine yet either.

msu1077

Postby msu1077 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:42 pm

neeko wrote:I haven't received mine yet either.

Thanks, Neeko :D

Deadlights13

Postby Deadlights13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 pm

I was also admitted on 12/16 (status checker/email) and still have not received anything via snail-mail and I live only 30 miles away. I was accepted elsewhere (out-of-state) on the same day and received my packet on Monday, 26 December. I guess Seattle is waiting until after the New Year to send anything out. I'll post the day I receive mine msu. Are you in Washington as well?

msu1077

Postby msu1077 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Deadlights13 wrote:I was also admitted on 12/16 (status checker/email) and still have not received anything via snail-mail and I live only 30 miles away. I was accepted elsewhere (out-of-state) on the same day and received my packet on Monday, 26 December. I guess Seattle is waiting until after the New Year to send anything out. I'll post the day I receive mine msu. Are you in Washington as well?

Actually, I'm in Las Vegas and I received my acceptance to Catholic in DC on the 16th as well and my packet to Catholic has already been delivered. I sent Seattle admissions an email inquiring when I might expect to see the packet referenced in their email, and I received the automated 'out-of-office' reply. If I receive a reply, I'll be sure to post it for everyone to review.

CaptAdams

Postby CaptAdams » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:33 pm

msu1077 wrote:Actually, I'm in Las Vegas and I received my acceptance to Catholic in DC on the 16th as well and my packet to Catholic has already been delivered. I sent Seattle admissions an email inquiring when I might expect to see the packet referenced in their email, and I received the automated 'out-of-office' reply. If I receive a reply, I'll be sure to post it for everyone to review.

Totally off topic: I'm in LV too, was looking at you LSN page and just curious why you didn't apply to UNLV.

Deadlights13

Postby Deadlights13 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:57 pm

msu1077 wrote:Actually, I'm in Las Vegas and I received my acceptance to Catholic in DC on the 16th as well and my packet to Catholic has already been delivered. I sent Seattle admissions an email inquiring when I might expect to see the packet referenced in their email, and I received the automated 'out-of-office' reply. If I receive a reply, I'll be sure to post it for everyone to review.

They must be on holiday, I guess they just wanted to give us an early Christmas and something to pacify us until the new year. Thanks, MSU keep us posted.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:42 pm

Anyone elso having trouble logging into status checker ???

chill

Postby chill » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

un-vordox

Postby un-vordox » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:13 pm

I'm posting a little late, but I was accepted via email on 12/22. I noticed a few hours earlier that I was getting an error for Seattle U on the automatic status checker app, then I left the house and got the acceptance email on my phone about 2 hours later.

Congrats to everyone else that got in, and good luck to those still waiting! (FYI I applied in early Oct).

I'm waiting to hear a decision from L&C and then I'll definitely be scheduling a visit to Seattle U and some others.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Anyone care to take a guess when the next round of acceptances will come out?

bflint30

Postby bflint30 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Does anyone know when the acceptance letters will be getting mailed out???

msu1077

Postby msu1077 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:45 pm

bflint30 wrote:Does anyone know when the acceptance letters will be getting mailed out???

I emailed over the break, and received an 'out of office' automated reply email, since the office was closed for the holidays. I haven't followed up, since I figure they are waiting until scholarship numbers are figured out before sending out the letters.

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:52 pm

atcushman wrote:Anyone care to take a guess when the next round of acceptances will come out?

Based on last years LSN, I would guess either today or next Friday......

chill

Postby chill » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Congrats Chill....and I guess that pretty much answers my earlier question lol. Looks like fridays are gonna be there decision days this year LSN show they released once a week last year so Ill be holding my breath for the next week it seams

chill

Postby chill » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Last edited by chill on Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:31 pm

chill wrote:
atcushman wrote:Congrats Chill....and I guess that pretty much answers my earlier question lol. Looks like fridays are gonna be there decision days this year LSN show they released once a week last year so Ill be holding my breath for the next week it seams

Have you checked your status? I still haven't gotten an email, but I have that OCD status checker application and it flashed at me.

No change and I check them all at least once an hour and when I see on here that decisions are coming out for my app schools its more like once every ten minutes ha ha ha

RaleighStClair

Postby RaleighStClair » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:34 pm

atcushman wrote:Congrats Chill....and I guess that pretty much answers my earlier question lol. Looks like fridays are gonna be there decision days this year LSN show they released once a week last year so Ill be holding my breath for the next week it seams

What are your numbers, atcushman, if you don't mind my asking? You can PM me. I wonder if they're taking longer with lower strength applications. I certainly don't have Chill's 179 LSAT.

atcushman

Postby atcushman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:01 pm

RaleighStClair wrote:

What are your numbers, atcushman, if you don't mind my asking? You can PM me. I wonder if they're taking longer with lower strength applications. I certainly don't have Chill's 179 LSAT.

This is my suspicion as well and I for sure fall into the lower strength catagory but I applied early and have a pretty decent GPA addendum and a ton of softs and w/e so I am hopeful...but impatient...it does not help that my UP Mcgeorge checker says a decision letter was mailed today so I have to wait till mondays mail for my first decision it looks like...I see spending a lot of time watching out the window at my mailbox monday.. good day for a playstation and some beer lol

tdanielle

Postby tdanielle » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:59 pm

2 all: Is SU your first choice? What makes you like it? I live in San Diego, but I visited Seattle and fell in love with the area.

horsesrule2006

Postby horsesrule2006 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:09 pm

tdanielle wrote:2 all: Is SU your first choice? What makes you like it? I live in San Diego, but I visited Seattle and fell in love with the area.

I got in last year and again this year, so I have had the blessing of being able to visit the school and city twice now before attending. I love Seattle! For starters, I have family who live right outside of Seattle and have always heard great things from them. When visiting, I found out they were true. Having previously lived in Los Angeles, I love the fact that Seattle has the opportunities of a city without all of the crime and rudeness. It has got to be the cleanest and most friendly city of it's size that I have ever been to!
As for the school: very helpful. It has become obvious to me that this school really is dedicated to the success of their students. I have received nothing but smiles and helpfulness from them.
This would be my first choice if they had a better environmental law program.

That's the end of my spiel lol.

Deadlights13

Postby Deadlights13 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:22 pm

This is my suspicion as well and I for sure fall into the lower strength catagory but I applied early and have a pretty decent GPA addendum and a ton of softs and w/e so I am hopeful...but impatient...it does not help that my UP Mcgeorge checker says a decision letter was mailed today so I have to wait till mondays mail for my first decision it looks like...I see spending a lot of time watching out the window at my mailbox monday.. good day for a playstation and some beer lol

Even though it took 10 days, UOP was a lot faster at mailing out the packet than Seattle. My status checker said "mailed decision" on 16 December and I received it on the 26th. I still have nothing from Seattle despite the status checker change to "admitted" on the same day as McGeorge. It is the worst waiting game- I have never been so faithful at checking my mail everyday. :?

msu1077

Postby msu1077 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:08 am

CaptAdams wrote:

Totally off topic: I'm in LV too, was looking at you LSN page and just curious why you didn't apply to UNLV.

I'm sending you a PM...don't want to clutter up the Seattle thread with explanations on UNLV

akakak

Postby akakak » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:14 pm

tdanielle wrote:2 all: Is SU your first choice? What makes you like it? I live in San Diego, but I visited Seattle and fell in love with the area.

I live Seattle, but I've lived here for many years. I can't say the people are particularly easy to get to know but once you do they are great. I love the weather and its a spectacular place to live if you're interested in outdoor activities. I also really like the big city feel without the mess and congestion of bigger places like LA or SF.

The school specifically is appealing to me because of their legal writing program, their demonstrated commitment (as opposed to a few sentences on their website) to social justice and public interest law, their location in town, and the # of scholarships they give out. They also accept a greater range of people with more interesting and diverse backgrounds than UW, which I think really contributes to the whole experience. I can't say for sure but based on my experience living in Seattle and knowing people who have gone to both schools I see UW as a place where mostly academically strong (and typically white or privileged) students go with little life experience. If you don't plan on practicing in Washington State though I'm not sure how much notoriety SU has nationwide.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”