High Schools in Application

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moshid

High Schools in Application

Postby moshid » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:21 pm

I've already sent my applications last week, but just realized that I didn't list my high school under the education section on any one of them (I thought they only wanted undergraduate institutions). So every one of my applications is missing that piece of information. Should I e-mail every law school admissions office I've applied to to tell them? Or is that not necessary?

Hopefully2012

Re: High Schools in Application

Postby Hopefully2012 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:31 pm

I really don't think it's necessary to list your high school unless it specifically asks for your high school (mainly to determine residency status). I'm 99% certain that none of the t-14 or other schools I've applied to wanted me to submit my high school.

moshid

Postby moshid » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:39 pm

I hope you're right. Under education on each application, it says list ALL educational institutions you've attended. It then gives you the option of listing, high school, undergraduate, graduate, etc. It just worries me a bit.

MumofCad

Postby MumofCad » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:57 pm

HP (I believe) called about this one. LSAC said it was a glitch and they'd remove it, which they did. Sounds like the glitch is back. Most schools do not want your high school and the only one that did, had it elsewhere in the app. You can try emailing them if you wish, but they'll probably just be confused.

zonto

Postby zonto » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:21 pm

High school doesn't matter anymore.

JDndMSW

Postby JDndMSW » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:52 pm

I filled out a shit ton of applications late last week and the only school that I believe asked for it was UCLA and it was very apparent that they wanted the information. I added it to my school list but it does not show up on any other applications I assume because they do not need it. So out of 23 schools 1 wanted it... I am sure you will be fine.

MrPapagiorgio

Postby MrPapagiorgio » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:57 pm

I heard from an adcomm member at my undergrad (not where I'm going to law school) that a school may ask for it to judge your background and what kind of preparation you had for college (with the idea that a private school education will give you better tools--no pun intended--to succeed in college). Kind of along the lines of YLS now asking about how you prepped for the LSAT. But it is only one person's view.

skirkland

Postby skirkland » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Brooklyn Law emailed me to ask for my high school information to complete my application.They asked me to respond in email with my high school information and I submitted the name, address, telephone number and date of graduation. I don't recall it being mentioned anywhere, but I'm sure they must have mentioned it on the application instructions. That doesn't look so swell for me I suppose. Doh.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”