University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jaytray
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Jaytray » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 pm

TortoiseshellCat wrote:
Jaytray wrote:Guy who professor claimed shared first names with his son checking in here. Nice to meet you Double Helix and Goofy Boyfriend Girl.


Are you the geography teacher?


Nope. I'm the guy who was asked the first question about the boat case, fumbled and gave the wrong answer then managed to save myself with the right answer.

User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fruitoftheloom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Those of you who went to ASD - are you all going? I was like 90% sure I was going - now not positive :/

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mtyler19 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:Those of you who went to ASD - are you all going? I was like 90% sure I was going - now not positive :/


Haha why do you say that?

User avatar
Titleist
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Titleist » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:21 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:Those of you who went to ASD - are you all going? I was like 90% sure I was going - now not positive :/


Was it because they were not helpful?

You should go to Baylor. They are really open and are more than willing to provide information.

User avatar
StarLightSpectre
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby StarLightSpectre » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:22 pm

Titleist wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:Those of you who went to ASD - are you all going? I was like 90% sure I was going - now not positive :/


Was it because they were not helpful?

You should go to Baylor. They are really open and are more than willing to provide information.



zinger!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mtyler19 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Titleist wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:Those of you who went to ASD - are you all going? I was like 90% sure I was going - now not positive :/


Was it because they were not helpful?

You should go to Baylor. They are really open and are more than willing to provide information.


This just made my day. :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
fruitoftheloom
Posts: 395
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:38 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fruitoftheloom » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 pm

Titleist wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:Those of you who went to ASD - are you all going? I was like 90% sure I was going - now not positive :/


Was it because they were not helpful?

You should go to Baylor. They are really open and are more than willing to provide information.


No - because I got another acceptance w/ a good scholarship. Just torn. Sitting in on a class Thursday though. Maybe that will help!

nimchow12
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nimchow12 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:30 pm

Put in my seat deposit today :shock:

jduh2015
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jduh2015 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:30 pm

I have been in review since 3/11. Today my current status date changed to 4/04. My numbers are somewhat below the median but could the fact that I haven’t been rejected yet a good sign? It is kind of late in the game, so I was expected the worst… Not sure what to think… In anyone in similar situation?

User avatar
Mactx
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:32 am

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mactx » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:47 pm

jduh2015 wrote:I have been in review since 3/11. Today my current status date changed to 4/04. My numbers are somewhat below the median but could the fact that I haven’t been rejected yet a good sign? It is kind of late in the game, so I was expected the worst… Not sure what to think… In anyone in similar situation?


Damn. That's a long time to be in review. I'm also in review but only since last week (3/25). You gotta stay positive though.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:20 pm

I have a strong feeling a lot of decisions are going to be made in favor of UH this week ...:lol:

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zanzbar » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:58 pm

I have a strong feeling that spreadsheet will be used at U of H in the fall to form study groups to some extent. If they become based off LSAT I'll be left out though. :lol:

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mtyler19 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:51 pm

zanzbar wrote:I have a strong feeling that spreadsheet will be used at U of H in the fall to form study groups to some extent. If they become based off LSAT I'll be left out though. :lol:



Haha I'll be right there with you :)
Last edited by mtyler19 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmysParty
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JimmysParty » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:09 pm

Yeah people using that list will be helpful in that it'll allow me to see which of my classmates are judgmental asocial douchebags. :P

User avatar
Titleist
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Titleist » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:50 am

mtyler19 wrote:
zanzbar wrote:I have a strong feeling that spreadsheet will be used at U of H in the fall to form study groups to some extent. If they become based off LSAT I'll be left out though. :lol:



Haha I'll be right there with you :)


You mean you did not delete the information?! But..but, Baylor told me to delete it!

You two are unethical.

zanzbar
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zanzbar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 am

Titleist wrote:
mtyler19 wrote:
zanzbar wrote:I have a strong feeling that spreadsheet will be used at U of H in the fall to form study groups to some extent. If they become based off LSAT I'll be left out though. :lol:



Haha I'll be right there with you :)


You mean you did not delete the information?! But..but, Baylor told me to delete it!

You two are unethical.


Ethics just get in the way of the dream of bottles and models man, at least that's what I think I learned from a Weekend at Bernie Madoff's.

hk54
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hk54 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:29 am

Mactx wrote:
jduh2015 wrote:I have been in review since 3/11. Today my current status date changed to 4/04. My numbers are somewhat below the median but could the fact that I haven’t been rejected yet a good sign? It is kind of late in the game, so I was expected the worst… Not sure what to think… In anyone in similar situation?


Damn. That's a long time to be in review. I'm also in review but only since last week (3/25). You gotta stay positive though.



I've been in review since 3/25 as well...not sure what to expect...

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mtyler19 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:33 am

hk54 wrote:
Mactx wrote:
jduh2015 wrote:I have been in review since 3/11. Today my current status date changed to 4/04. My numbers are somewhat below the median but could the fact that I haven’t been rejected yet a good sign? It is kind of late in the game, so I was expected the worst… Not sure what to think… In anyone in similar situation?


Damn. That's a long time to be in review. I'm also in review but only since last week (3/25). You gotta stay positive though.



I've been in review since 3/25 as well...not sure what to expect...


FWIW, last year I went IR on 2/17 and didn't get a decision until 4/19.

hk54
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hk54 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:39 am

mtyler19 wrote:
hk54 wrote:
Mactx wrote:
jduh2015 wrote:I have been in review since 3/11. Today my current status date changed to 4/04. My numbers are somewhat below the median but could the fact that I haven’t been rejected yet a good sign? It is kind of late in the game, so I was expected the worst… Not sure what to think… In anyone in similar situation?


Damn. That's a long time to be in review. I'm also in review but only since last week (3/25). You gotta stay positive though.



I've been in review since 3/25 as well...not sure what to expect...


FWIW, last year I went IR on 2/17 and didn't get a decision until 4/19.



And what was the decision? My LSAT isn't amazing- but everything else is good. Ugh...

jduh2015
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jduh2015 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 am

Was it a positive decision though? I am reading way too much into this whole thing, I think.

User avatar
Titleist
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Titleist » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 am

If you are still in review don't be nervous. After seat deposits are due and people do not matriculate a ton of spots will open up.


If your numbers are close then be confident.

mtyler19
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mtyler19 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:50 am

jduh2015 wrote:Was it a positive decision though? I am reading way too much into this whole thing, I think.


Waitlisted. I really thought I would be rejected though, so I was happy. My LSAT was crap and I applied too late. Don't worry about it....

Titleist wrote:If you are still in review don't be nervous. After seat deposits are due and people do not matriculate a ton of spots will open up.


If your numbers are close then be confident.


This.

jduh2015
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:26 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jduh2015 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:53 am

Ha! Thanks a lot!

User avatar
Titleist
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Titleist » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:09 am

I will post this in here since the Houston Class of 2015 thread does not get much action.


Anyone planning on living at the Calhoun Lofts?

theatetus
Posts: 43
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: University of Houston c/o 2015 (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby theatetus » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:56 pm

GPA Undergrad 3.557
GPA Grad 3.51
LSAT 153

Applied 2/1
File in Review 2/27
File in Review 3/24

Does the second file in review mean one dude was like 'hell if i know' and passed it on to the second dude?

I'm freaking out....man.

While we're on the subject, Calhoun lofts is nice but you gotta be ready to live in a relatively compact concrete apartment. Make sure to take advantage of the outdoor patio on the roof, it's ripe for slammin parties.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], hellohalo, oliviaj_j and 7 guests