Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:46 pm

Lindsey4468 wrote:11/04. I win. Just kidding I know its not a competition. But still, this is awful.

Also 11/04. I requested an interview and it took the interviewer 8 weeks to schedule the meetup. :( But he was awesome and said he would 1000% recommend me, so it was worth it.

skolks
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby skolks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:57 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Lindsey4468 wrote:11/04. I win. Just kidding I know its not a competition. But still, this is awful.

Also 11/04. I requested an interview and it took the interviewer 8 weeks to schedule the meetup. :( But he was awesome and said he would 1000% recommend me, so it was worth it.


The interviews have 0 impact on your admission or rejection. So that 1000% recommendation doesn't really do anything for you, but that's still cool that your interview went well!

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:59 pm

skolks wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Lindsey4468 wrote:11/04. I win. Just kidding I know its not a competition. But still, this is awful.

Also 11/04. I requested an interview and it took the interviewer 8 weeks to schedule the meetup. :( But he was awesome and said he would 1000% recommend me, so it was worth it.


The interviews have 0 impact on your admission or rejection. So that 1000% recommendation doesn't really do anything for you, but that's still cool that your interview went well!


Proof of this? I was under the impression that an interview was similar to an additional essay in terms of weight on your application. Its not going to work miracles, but it might push you over the edge in either direction.

EDIT: In fact, I talked to a professor there when I visited who told me the interview would be helpful in gaining admission. I'm not sure how much merit this has since he's not on the admissions council, but he seemed to think it meant something.

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby paul34 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:01 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elgringobandito
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby elgringobandito » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:03 pm

JDProspect wrote:
elgringobandito wrote:I wish they would spend less money on this fancy black box and shipping and more on giving me scholarship money. yadida?

But just so this post is more than me complaining, I sent my app in 12/09 and received the box 1/11 in california.


what are your stats if you don't mind sharing?


169, 3.81

User avatar
Dr. Filth
Posts: 1158
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Dr. Filth » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:04 pm

My apartment complex always calls me whenever I get a package in. And despite no mailed date, every single time I almost have a heart attack on the walk to the office. This isn't good for my health.

dkpianoman
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dkpianoman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Waitlisted today. Application complete 10/31 and decision sent 1/13. Still my #1 choice. This is going to be a long few months of waiting...

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cougarlive » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 pm

dkpianoman wrote:Waitlisted today. Application complete 10/31 and decision sent 1/13. Still my #1 choice. This is going to be a long few months of waiting...



Good luck! Did you get notified via email?

Revolver066
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Revolver066 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:30 pm

dkpianoman wrote:Waitlisted today. Application complete 10/31 and decision sent 1/13. Still my #1 choice. This is going to be a long few months of waiting...


I have a feeling that will be waiting for me when I get home. I think 1/13 is waitlist day

dkpianoman
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dkpianoman » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:39 pm

No, it came via letter today.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 pm

Revolver066 wrote:
dkpianoman wrote:Waitlisted today. Application complete 10/31 and decision sent 1/13. Still my #1 choice. This is going to be a long few months of waiting...


I have a feeling that will be waiting for me when I get home. I think 1/13 is waitlist day



1/13 as well. WL letter in mailbox when I got home.

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gavinstevens » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:40 pm

citykitty wrote:
Revolver066 wrote:
dkpianoman wrote:Waitlisted today. Application complete 10/31 and decision sent 1/13. Still my #1 choice. This is going to be a long few months of waiting...


I have a feeling that will be waiting for me when I get home. I think 1/13 is waitlist day



1/13 as well. WL letter in mailbox when I got home.


Sorry guys.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 pm

citykitty wrote:
Revolver066 wrote:
dkpianoman wrote:Waitlisted today. Application complete 10/31 and decision sent 1/13. Still my #1 choice. This is going to be a long few months of waiting...


I have a feeling that will be waiting for me when I get home. I think 1/13 is waitlist day



1/13 as well. WL letter in mailbox when I got home.


Sorry to hear it.... I went complete around the same time you did with no decision mailed

scottlj
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:17 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottlj » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 pm

Got my acceptance today! I was a 1/13 decision mailed person so that date is not just the waitlist.

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:54 pm

scottlj wrote:Got my acceptance today! I was a 1/13 decision mailed person so that date is not just the waitlist.


Yeah. Rejected today. Also 1/13.

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Oh wow. 1/13 can bring anything. Yikes to people who don't know yet.

Revolver066
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Revolver066 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:33 pm

citykitty wrote:
Revolver066 wrote:
dkpianoman wrote:Waitlisted today. Application complete 10/31 and decision sent 1/13. Still my #1 choice. This is going to be a long few months of waiting...


I have a feeling that will be waiting for me when I get home. I think 1/13 is waitlist day



1/13 as well. WL letter in mailbox when I got home.


Same here

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Anyone with an early Nov complete date still not heard back?

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Anyone with an early Nov complete date still not heard back?


sitting pretty at 11/10, no "decision mailed" date yet. :mrgreen:

however, i have some cooky theories about adcomms holding onto URM applications a little longer than non-URM apps.
Last edited by horrorbusiness on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolfan0516 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Anyone with an early Nov complete date still not heard back?


11/7 here

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm

horrorbusiness wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Anyone with an early Nov complete date still not heard back?


sitting pretty at 11/10, no "decision mailed" date yet. :mrgreen:


I wonder what they are waiting on?

dolfan0516
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolfan0516 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:42 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Anyone with an early Nov complete date still not heard back?


sitting pretty at 11/10, no "decision mailed" date yet. :mrgreen:


I wonder what they are waiting on?


Our thesis on the James Franklin and Derek Dooley spat and the economic effects of such media attention.

User avatar
auburnbelle89
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby auburnbelle89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Anyone with an early Nov complete date still not heard back?


I was complete early Nov.--like the 3rd or 4th. I am hoping for a waitlist. But I just got into UVA after months of waiting, so I guess anything is possible.

Please please Vandy. Send me an acceptance. I want you SOOO badly.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 pm

I'm complete 12/1. Nothing. I went to visit and spoke with a professor and he really sold the school to me. Do you guys think it would be appropriate to send them an email just telling them that? I want Vanderbilt a lot more now than I did when I applied...

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:50 am

auburnbelle89 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Anyone with an early Nov complete date still not heard back?


I was complete early Nov.--like the 3rd or 4th. I am hoping for a waitlist. But I just got into UVA after months of waiting, so I guess anything is possible.

Please please Vandy. Send me an acceptance. I want you SOOO badly.


+1

ps. love your avatar!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests