Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:42 am

justonemoregame wrote:
Lindsey4468 wrote:Thank you! I appreciate the positivity. I'm sure your black box is on its way. Fed ex is probably holding all of them and laughing at our eagerness to receive them!



Fed Ex is probably playing warehouse soccer with them.


Yes probably, but you know, I won't mind if it's a little beat up when it gets here.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:50 am

no decision mailed date complete 12/6

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 am

confusedlaw wrote:no decision mailed date complete 12/6

No decision mailed date complete 11/07... :-(

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ricsllscir » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:00 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:no decision mailed date complete 12/6

No decision mailed date complete 11/07... :-(


yikes, well, if it helps you seem like a shoe in to me...feeling less and less confident about the 2 day turnaround now, haha

cph4life
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cph4life » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:13 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:no decision mailed date complete 12/6

No decision mailed date complete 11/07... :-(


No decision mailed date complete 11/02....and I go here for undergrad. I win

User avatar
fltanglab
Posts: 555
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fltanglab » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:15 pm

cph4life wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:no decision mailed date complete 12/6

No decision mailed date complete 11/07... :-(


No decision mailed date complete 11/02....and I go here for undergrad. I win


10/18! HA. Lol.

overkillhsc
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby overkillhsc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 am

Complete September 27th. No reply. I emailed them today and was told that it's just moving along the process and that they do not typically review applications until November and the typical timeframe is ~10 weeks.

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ricsllscir » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:10 pm

After an hour of chasing down a fedex truck, finally got the black box...first acceptance so far, but at least i'll be going somewhere! Good luck to everyone else!!!

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:18 pm

ricsllscir wrote:After an hour of chasing down a fedex truck, finally got the black box...first acceptance so far, but at least i'll be going somewhere! Good luck to everyone else!!!

Wow! Congrats! They must have been super hyped about your application to have such a fast turnaround.

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ricsllscir » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:32 pm

Green Glass Windows wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:After an hour of chasing down a fedex truck, finally got the black box...first acceptance so far, but at least i'll be going somewhere! Good luck to everyone else!!!

Wow! Congrats! They must have been super hyped about your application to have such a fast turnaround.


Haha, I was just afraid it was an auto-reject as i definitely got more than tipsy during my interview and ended up having to take a taxi home instead of driving....yeahhh, always a class act here...

User avatar
Magnolia
Posts: 548
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Magnolia » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:29 pm

ricsllscir wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:After an hour of chasing down a fedex truck, finally got the black box...first acceptance so far, but at least i'll be going somewhere! Good luck to everyone else!!!

Wow! Congrats! They must have been super hyped about your application to have such a fast turnaround.


Haha, I was just afraid it was an auto-reject as i definitely got more than tipsy during my interview and ended up having to take a taxi home instead of driving....yeahhh, always a class act here...

You'll fit in really well at Vandy.

User avatar
beta
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beta » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 pm

anyone else doing the merit scholarship essays? how long are your answers? they are quite painful...

User avatar
citykitty
Posts: 465
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby citykitty » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 pm

I have been complete with my app since the end of Sept. I did my interview the first week of Oct. I still have no decision mailed. I think I'm headed for the WL or just outright rejection.

American_in_China
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby American_in_China » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:51 am

citykitty wrote:I have been complete with my app since the end of Sept. I did my interview the first week of Oct. I still have no decision mailed. I think I'm headed for the WL or just outright rejection.


If Vandy is high on your list, send a follow up email now reiterating your interest. I did, and two days later my acceptance package was mailed. I think someone earlier in the thread had the same outcome. Vandy is a great school in a secondary market, and a small school, so it's looking for students that really want to be there. An extra email won't hurt, and it just might out you over the top.

American_in_China
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby American_in_China » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:53 am

PS: For all those accepted, I started a Vandy 2015 thread in the class forum. I'm still not decided on attending, but I am from Nashville and know all the places to hit up in the area, so if anyone has questions, they can ask me there or via PM.

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:56 pm

For anyone who has submitted the law scholars application, how long were your responses? I'm thinking a page double spaced for each question.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:05 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:For anyone who has submitted the law scholars application, how long were your responses? I'm thinking a page double spaced for each question.


Thats long. I submitted mine using a field editor in adobe. Fit each response into the the space below each question at 11 (might have been 10) font, single spaced.

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:20 pm

chem wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:For anyone who has submitted the law scholars application, how long were your responses? I'm thinking a page double spaced for each question.


Thats long. I submitted mine using a field editor in adobe. Fit each response into the the space below each question at 11 (might have been 10) font, single spaced.


Same here, I edited it into the spaces below at 10 point I believe it was. I also went right up to the margins of the page though, so might be a bit longer than usual.

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:22 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
chem wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:For anyone who has submitted the law scholars application, how long were your responses? I'm thinking a page double spaced for each question.


Thats long. I submitted mine using a field editor in adobe. Fit each response into the the space below each question at 11 (might have been 10) font, single spaced.


Same here, I edited it into the spaces below at 10 point I believe it was. I also went right up to the margins of the page though, so might be a bit longer than usual.


That's better. Thanks.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:35 pm

American_in_China wrote:
citykitty wrote:I have been complete with my app since the end of Sept. I did my interview the first week of Oct. I still have no decision mailed. I think I'm headed for the WL or just outright rejection.


If Vandy is high on your list, send a follow up email now reiterating your interest. I did, and two days later my acceptance package was mailed. I think someone earlier in the thread had the same outcome. Vandy is a great school in a secondary market, and a small school, so it's looking for students that really want to be there. An extra email won't hurt, and it just might out you over the top.


How long was the email you sent? I actually have quite a bit to say since I've learned a lot more about the school since I applied.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Well, I got the viewbook today for the third time today... yippeee

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:28 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Well, I got the viewbook today for the third time today... yippeee

I got mine after I received my acceptance packett... :P

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:51 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Well, I got the viewbook today for the third time today... yippeee

I got mine after I received my acceptance packett... :P

At least you got an acceptance packet haha

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Well, I got the viewbook today for the third time today... yippeee

I got mine after I received my acceptance packett... :P

At least you got an acceptance packet haha


Hey, you're UR at Duke and I'm still at complete. It evens out...somehow.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Went complete 12/1. Haven't heard since. Too early to send an email? I have one written...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi, cyclawps, DoYouEvenTLS, hellohalo, KatCoco, lazarzhr, luckydayahead, michelekfla, ohgosh, smashbash and 11 guests