Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:54 pm

Yep, Vanderbilt def hates me

User avatar
danbam
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby danbam » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:40 pm

received a black box today! went complete on 11/10 and status checker on VLS hasn't updated since the complete date.

User avatar
6thbackstreetboy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby 6thbackstreetboy » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Just got my black box as well. Looks even better in person than it did in pictures. Complete 11/11. No update to status checker. No interview.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:17 pm

Oh wow, so yeah, I guess I should stop checking my status every 5 minutes. Good to know.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 pm

6thbackstreetboy wrote:Just got my black box as well. Looks even better in person than it did in pictures. Complete 11/11. No update to status checker. No interview.


What part of the country are you in?

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:52 pm

danbam wrote:received a black box today! went complete on 11/10 and status checker on VLS hasn't updated since the complete date.


Location?

User avatar
danbam
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby danbam » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:55 pm

scottybared wrote:
danbam wrote:received a black box today! went complete on 11/10 and status checker on VLS hasn't updated since the complete date.


Location?


California

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby paul34 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:49 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hannibal » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:56 pm

paul34 wrote:I've been complete for longer than many of these recent acceptances. Oh no :(


IIRC, last year a lot of people were held over, then they released a big waive of both acceptances and waitlists at the same time.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:48 am

Looking through the black box, I am REALLY impressed with Vanderbilt. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting!

lsatisevil
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:20 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lsatisevil » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:16 am

9/23 Complete...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:01 am

Has anyone's complete date passed over with no box who has good numbers?

American_in_China
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby American_in_China » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:17 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Has anyone's complete date passed over with no box who has good numbers?


Yep. Complete 10/5. Hoping it's because I'm clearly EDing to Chicago and schools are waiting to accept until the outcome of that is known (my numbers are rare enough and LSN profile detailed enough for that to happen). I'll be quite upset if I don't get into Vandy. It's where I'm from and want to work, meaning I'd probably take a scholarship at Vandy over a lot of higher ranked schools.

But it is what it is.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:19 pm

yessssssssss

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm

American_in_China wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Has anyone's complete date passed over with no box who has good numbers?


Yep. Complete 10/5. Hoping it's because I'm clearly EDing to Chicago and schools are waiting to accept until the outcome of that is known (my numbers are rare enough and LSN profile detailed enough for that to happen). I'll be quite upset if I don't get into Vandy. It's where I'm from and want to work, meaning I'd probably take a scholarship at Vandy over a lot of higher ranked schools.

But it is what it is.

You really think adcomms stock these sites?

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:25 pm

msblaw89 wrote:You really think adcomms stock these sites?

There is all sorts of evidence that they visit these sites - at least the thread for their school. Some have even posted on their school's thread in previous cycles (I'm thinking of Emory here in particular).

Whether they actually make the effort to identify posters with applicants is much more debatable. IMO: I can see some doing it in some cases - if they're bored, if it's obvious, if the poster says awful things about the school, et cetera - but I would be highly surprised if it is done systematically. Too much effort for too little reward.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Grizz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:07 am

msblaw89 wrote:You really think adcomms stock these sites?

Yes.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hannibal » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Grizz wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:You really think adcomms stock these sites?

Yes.


^^^^^^

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Grizz » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:20 pm

lol stock

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Dear Vanderbilt,

Please send me a black box. Please?

I also have to say that I think having those interviews really works well for them. My interviewer really sold me on the school. Made me want the black box that much more!

chrisk
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chrisk » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:08 pm

^^^
Me too, I was very impressed. He made Vanderbilt a top choice for me.

American_in_China
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby American_in_China » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:46 am

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:You really think adcomms stock these sites?

There is all sorts of evidence that they visit these sites - at least the thread for their school. Some have even posted on their school's thread in previous cycles (I'm thinking of Emory here in particular).

Whether they actually make the effort to identify posters with applicants is much more debatable. IMO: I can see some doing it in some cases - if they're bored, if it's obvious, if the poster says awful things about the school, et cetera - but I would be highly surprised if it is done systematically. Too much effort for too little reward.


Well for identifying me, it's not hard. How many applicants are walking around with 3.25/179? Maybe 5? And are living in China? Maybe I'll be generous and say 2. And are from Nashville, as I've said in many a thread. My guess- 1. Besides I have to convince myself that this is the case. Vandy with a decent scholarship ranks above a lot of T10 schools for me. I'd be really disappointed if I got bounced.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:07 am

American_in_China wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:You really think adcomms stock these sites?

There is all sorts of evidence that they visit these sites - at least the thread for their school. Some have even posted on their school's thread in previous cycles (I'm thinking of Emory here in particular).

Whether they actually make the effort to identify posters with applicants is much more debatable. IMO: I can see some doing it in some cases - if they're bored, if it's obvious, if the poster says awful things about the school, et cetera - but I would be highly surprised if it is done systematically. Too much effort for too little reward.


Well for identifying me, it's not hard. How many applicants are walking around with 3.25/179? Maybe 5? And are living in China? Maybe I'll be generous and say 2. And are from Nashville, as I've said in many a thread. My guess- 1. Besides I have to convince myself that this is the case. Vandy with a decent scholarship ranks above a lot of T10 schools for me. I'd be really disappointed if I got bounced.

+1

lawhopeful2012
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawhopeful2012 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:23 am

got my black box today! status checker never updated to say decision mailed.

complete in early october..

User avatar
MissElphaba
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MissElphaba » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Just got an email from my student mailroom and I called to find out I have a FedEx box from Vandy! My status never updated to decision mailed either. Can't wait for my school to forward it to me!

ETA: Complete in mid-November and interviewed last Wednesday.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finickywalrus, Houzy, mdu, Why???, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests