Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
danielhay11
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby danielhay11 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:06 pm

kitkat450 wrote:
smokeylarue wrote:How fast did your guys packages come. I got decision mailed status yesterday.

Nvm: got it today


Jealous!!! Guess i'll look out for it tomorrow : (


I was surprised how fast everything moved. I went complete on 11/28, decision was mailed on 12/1, and my box arrived on 12/5.

kitkat450
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kitkat450 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:21 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Have 11/07 completes been getting packages? Just trying to see if I have been left behind haha. I do have an interview set up with an assistant dean of admissions this middle of this month... So I wonder if that might have something to do with it



I believe I read somewhere that they won't make a decision until your interview is done if you've requested one. sucks i know..

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:23 pm

kitkat450 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Have 11/07 completes been getting packages? Just trying to see if I have been left behind haha. I do have an interview set up with an assistant dean of admissions this middle of this month... So I wonder if that might have something to do with it



I believe I read somewhere that they won't make a decision until your interview is done if you've requested one. sucks i know..

I alreadyhad my initial interview... I just was going to be in Nashville over the holidays so I called the office for a campus tour/ speak with admissions

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TMC116 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 pm

Just got in. The box was sent FedEx overnight.

Any of you who had decisions mailed on 12/6 are in great shape. Congrats guys!

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Got my box today!!!!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Congrats everyone! I'll be in memphis over new years and may go up to Nashville. If I do I'll post pictures!

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:57 pm

where are we at right now as far as complete date and mail date?

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:19 am

ColumbiaChamp wrote:where are we at right now as far as complete date and mail date?


As far as I can tell, Vandy is kind of random and does not go in a perfect order.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:58 am

DonnaDraper wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:where are we at right now as far as complete date and mail date?


As far as I can tell, Vandy is kind of random and does not go in a perfect order.


haven't really been keeping up with this thread. but would you think that 11/3 submitted, 11/10 complete, and silence since is not necessarily a bad sign? seems like lots of people are getting in without such delay..

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:29 am

horrorbusiness wrote:
DonnaDraper wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:where are we at right now as far as complete date and mail date?


As far as I can tell, Vandy is kind of random and does not go in a perfect order.


haven't really been keeping up with this thread. but would you think that 11/3 submitted, 11/10 complete, and silence since is not necessarily a bad sign? seems like lots of people are getting in without such delay..


Its obvs nicer to get in sooner rather than later, but I wouldn't think it is the kiss of death just yet. Check this person out:

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/jr1886bug ..... Same dates, URM, didn't get in until 1/13. And with scholarship!

Edit: that person retook the LSAT in December, so disregard. But I found another person with not so perfect dates for Vandy: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/calvmpv

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:33 am

I know Vandy is not thrilled to take me as I do not have vying stats but my 11/4 complete and no decision is worrisome given the high volume of people admitted with that or later complete date.

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:42 am

horrorbusiness wrote:
DonnaDraper wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:where are we at right now as far as complete date and mail date?


As far as I can tell, Vandy is kind of random and does not go in a perfect order.


haven't really been keeping up with this thread. but would you think that 11/3 submitted, 11/10 complete, and silence since is not necessarily a bad sign? seems like lots of people are getting in without such delay..


These are my exact dates as well, and I have yet to hear anything. I had an interview on the 19th that I thought went well, but I'm definitely getting a bit nervous.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:58 am

bigeast03 wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:
DonnaDraper wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:where are we at right now as far as complete date and mail date?


As far as I can tell, Vandy is kind of random and does not go in a perfect order.


haven't really been keeping up with this thread. but would you think that 11/3 submitted, 11/10 complete, and silence since is not necessarily a bad sign? seems like lots of people are getting in without such delay..


These are my exact dates as well, and I have yet to hear anything. I had an interview on the 19th that I thought went well, but I'm definitely getting a bit nervous.


i clicked the "will not be requesting an interview" button myself. i guess that hurts one as an applicant? hmm..

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:02 am

My package came in the mail today. Did not interview.

kitkat450
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kitkat450 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:49 pm

In!! Pretty surprised by the quick turn around. Mailed date 12/6 complete 11/14

Tried posting a picture, but i'm computer illiterate. Def. impressed by the package, almost makes up for my strange interview experience. Guess it went better than I thought though lol...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:40 pm

So I get an e-mail from my apartment complex saying I have a package. I get up and sprint to the office just to find out it was a Christmas gift I ordered ..... I hate what waiting for law schools is :cry: doing to me

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:48 pm

msblaw89 wrote:So I get an e-mail from my apartment complex saying I have a package. I get up and sprint to the office just to find out it was a Christmas gift I ordered ..... I hate what waiting for law schools is :cry: doing to me

Moral of the story: Don't order Christmas presents this year (aka law school applications have Grinched Christmas this year). :cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol:

User avatar
MobyDick
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MobyDick » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:41 pm

Received the black box today! This is my first acceptance of the cycle.

Complete 11/10.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 pm

MobyDick wrote:Received the black box today! This is my first acceptance of the cycle.

Complete 11/10.


When was your mail date?

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Zelda » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Does anyone know if Vandy mails rejections/waitlists? It looks like they didn't start rejecting/waitlisting applicants until mid January last cycle.

My status checker finally says decision mailed 12/8/11. Just hoping this is definitely good news! :D

Complete 11/4.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hannibal » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Zelda wrote:Does anyone know if Vandy mails rejections/waitlists? It looks like they didn't start rejecting/waitlisting applicants until mid January last cycle.

My status checker finally says decision mailed 12/8/11. Just hoping this is definitely good news! :D

Complete 11/4.


Vandy definitely mails waitlists. I think I got my waitlist in January.

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Zelda » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Zelda wrote:Does anyone know if Vandy mails rejections/waitlists? It looks like they didn't start rejecting/waitlisting applicants until mid January last cycle.

My status checker finally says decision mailed 12/8/11. Just hoping this is definitely good news! :D

Complete 11/4.


Vandy definitely mails waitlists. I think I got my waitlist in January.


Good to know! But for those of us whose status checkers are changing to decision mailed now, should we be worried about waitlist? Or is a decision mailed this early definitely an acceptance? I saw no one has been waitlisted or rejected on LSN yet. (The one red dot is actually from last cycle).

http://vanderbilt.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

User avatar
sn20
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sn20 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:26 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:I know Vandy is not thrilled to take me as I do not have vying stats but my 11/4 complete and no decision is worrisome given the high volume of people admitted with that or later complete date.


I submitted 9/30, complete 10/30, no why vandy and no interview.
Accepted 12/7 and I saw a ton of November applicants admitted first, so I think the timeline is largely random.
Good luck!

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:07 pm

sn20 wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:I know Vandy is not thrilled to take me as I do not have vying stats but my 11/4 complete and no decision is worrisome given the high volume of people admitted with that or later complete date.


I submitted 9/30, complete 10/30, no why vandy and no interview.
Accepted 12/7 and I saw a ton of November applicants admitted first, so I think the timeline is largely random.
Good luck!


I hope you are right, thanks.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Real Madrid » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:13 pm

Got my black box on Friday! 8)

Definitely enjoying reading the Obiter Dictum.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Assasindowntheavenue, bakewelltart, hellohalo, jstans, Lmorina126, malysh, neptunian, Photomike2, uhwrestler, zeglo and 19 guests