Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
anewaphorist

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:33 am

Taking the high road; it doesn't satisfy as it should.

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:46 am

Grizz wrote:
anewaphorist wrote:^Lol at resurrecting a dead topic.

Can't help it if the stuff you post is dumb.

Why are you trolling acceptance threads just to be a dick to random people? You and helmholtz don't have anything better to do?

confusedlaw

Postby confusedlaw » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:32 am

applied 11/29 167 3.7 maybe

chem

Postby chem » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:34 am

Grizz wrote:Also lol @ GULC being peer.

Reasoning? They seem about on par in employment statistics (via LST). That would be the only metric I would use to determine "peer" rankings

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 am

American_in_China wrote:
Grizz wrote:

Why are you trolling acceptance threads just to be a dick to random people? You and helmholtz don't have anything better to do?

I go here?

American_in_China

Postby American_in_China » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Grizz wrote:
American_in_China wrote:
Grizz wrote:

I go here?

So why are you scaring off prospective students?

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:38 pm

American_in_China wrote:So why are you scaring off prospective students?

Doesn't seem that way to me, just correcting another misinformed poster.

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:41 pm

Cornelius wrote:

Yeah, and he did so to say it would be ridiculous to pay $70k more for GTown than Vandy.

hotspur

Postby hotspur » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:02 pm

Hannibal wrote:
Cornelius wrote:

Yeah, and he did so to say it would be ridiculous to pay $70k more for GTown than Vandy.

Ridiculous seems a little harsh. How about, 'based on one's personal opinions and preferences, spending the extra money to go to G'town could be a bad move'

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 pm

hotspur wrote:Ridiculous seems a little harsh. How about, 'based on one's personal opinions and preferences, spending the extra money to go to G'town could be a bad move'

Grizz wrote:I would never take GULC over Vandy at $70k.

kitkat450

Postby kitkat450 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:44 pm

WHoa.... Decision mailed date of 12/6. That was def. not there last night. Pretty surprised, just went complete 11/14

Here's hoping for good news! If it's good news the Fedex package comes within about 2 days right?

Hoping this is not the first round of rejects!

anewaphorist

Postby anewaphorist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:51 pm

Misinformed? The topic under discussion was entirely one of preference/individual judgment. 'Misinformed'? Because I'd be willing to forego the cost of a Land Rover for a shot at the best school in the DC area (and, by extension, a government/PI job there)? The personalities ITT are so grating. Why can't you just let someone respond to a hypothetical that was being bounced around a few pages ago? If you think that prestigious employment in D.C. ain't worth a dime extra, then that's fine. I think it is. I thought I took the mickey out of this bullshit by not engaging in Grizz's self-aggrandizement. Apparently, there's one other poster fueling the idiotic fire, thinking it's "misinformed" to hold employment prospects that in any way differ from his own.

I've already been accepted to this school, so I'm more interested in finding out the potential classmates I'd have should I choose to matriculate. The small sample size of 1Ls and prospective 0Ls has not been represented well. With students that offer profound critiques--like calling my post,
dumb stuff
--how could I not be sold on Vandy, on the caliber of students I'd be working with? Way to go, Grizz; you're driving away a student with #s above both medians in an already moribund application season. I'm sure Vandy's admissions office appreciates your handiwork.

FWIW, it would be great to return to the purpose of this thread. Somehow, I doubt this will happen. Good luck to all those accepted, and it sure would be great to have some meaningful discussion here, just in case some redeeming quality of the school/its students/its career prospects would surface.
Last edited by anewaphorist on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chem

Postby chem » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:53 pm

anewaphorist wrote:

Misinformed? The topic under discussion was entirely one of preference/individual judgment. 'Misinformed'? Because I'd be willing to forego the cost of a Land Rover for a shot at the best school in the DC area (and, by extension, a government/PI job there)? The personalities ITT are so grating. Why can't you just let someone respond to a hypothetical that was being bounced around a few pages ago? If you think that prestigious employment in D.C. ain't worth a dime extra, then that's fine. I think it is. I thought I took the mickey out of this bullshit by not engaging in Grizz's self-aggrandizement. Apparently, there's one other poster fueling the idiotic fire, thinking it's "misinformed" to hold employment prospects that in any way differ from his own.

I've already been accepted to this school, so I'm more interested in finding out the potential classmates I'd have should I choose to matriculate. The small sample size of 1Ls and prospective 0Ls has not been represented well. With students that offer profound critiques--like calling my post,
dumb stuff
--how could I not be sold on Vandy, on the caliber of students I'd be working with? Way to go, Grizz; you're driving away a student with #s above both medians in an already moribund application season. I'm sure Vandy's admissions office appreciates your handiwork.

FWIW, it would be great to return to the purpose of this thread. Somehow, I doubt this will happen. Good luck to all those accepted, and it sure would be great to have some meaningful discussion here.

dumb stuff

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:55 pm

anewaphorist wrote:

dumb stuff

FWIW, it would be great to return to the purpose of this thread. Somehow, I doubt this will happen. Good luck to all those accepted, and it sure would be great to have some meaningful discussion here.

In this post, poster responds to "off topic" subjects and then complains how the thread is going "off topic".

anewaphorist

Postby anewaphorist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:57 pm

^Because it clearly is helping no LS applicant, which is the fucking purpose of this website. I like to think of myself as the Dutch boy trying to put his finger in the dike, for it clearly has been leaking for at least a page of posts. (Insert sexual innuendo tangent now).
Last edited by anewaphorist on Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Cornelius

Postby Cornelius » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:58 pm

anewaphorist wrote:^Because it clearly is helping no LS applicant, which is the fucking purpose of this website.

The hypocrisy and irony of the situation appears to be lost on you. Time to stop raging broski.

70K is a lot of money to forego to choose a school that has very similar employment prospects to the one offering money, especially given the absurd class size of said school. Again, LOL at "non-peer". School ranked 14 vs school ranked 30? Sure, non-peer. 14 vs 16? C'mon now.
Last edited by Cornelius on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:00 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Misinformed? The topic under discussion was entirely one of preference/individual judgment. 'Misinformed'? Because I'd be willing to forego the cost of a Land Rover for a shot at the best school in the DC area (and, by extension, a government/PI job there)? The personalities ITT are so grating. Why can't you just let someone respond to a hypothetical that was being bounced around a few pages ago? If you think that prestigious employment in D.C. ain't worth a dime extra, then that's fine. I think it is. I thought I took the mickey out of this bullshit by not engaging in Grizz's self-aggrandizement. Apparently, there's one other poster fueling the idiotic fire, thinking it's "misinformed" to hold employment prospects that in any way differ from his own.

dumb stuff

LOL bro, y u mad tho? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ralph_pootawn

Postby ralph_pootawn » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:00 pm

anewaphorist wrote:^Because it clearly is helping no LS applicant, which is the fucking purpose of this website. I like to think of myself as the Dutch boy trying to put his finger in the dike, for it clearly has been leaking for at least a page of posts. (Insert sexual innuendo tangent now).

calm down bro. quit being so butthurt

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Also:

anewaphorist wrote:The personalities ITT are so grating.

That's impressive self awareness, man.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:01 pm

There are plenty of reasons to choose GULC over Vandy, but the specific reasons I quoted a page ago aren't good ones.

Furthermore, your assertion that DC is essentially closed to Vandy grads is just plain wrong. It's the most selective and competitive market in the country, and it's hard to break from here, but it's not "essentially closed."

And that's it.

Just incidentally, bigfed hiring is virtually nil (from everywhere) and that is unlikely to change.

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:03 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
anewaphorist wrote:Misinformed? The topic under discussion was entirely one of preference/individual judgment. 'Misinformed'? Because I'd be willing to forego the cost of a Land Rover for a shot at the best school in the DC area (and, by extension, a government/PI job there)? The personalities ITT are so grating. Why can't you just let someone respond to a hypothetical that was being bounced around a few pages ago? If you think that prestigious employment in D.C. ain't worth a dime extra, then that's fine. I think it is. I thought I took the mickey out of this bullshit by not engaging in Grizz's self-aggrandizement. Apparently, there's one other poster fueling the idiotic fire, thinking it's "misinformed" to hold employment prospects that in any way differ from his own.

dumb stuff

LOL bro, y u mad tho? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ITP: the most darling trollette of the aspie contingent, once again, makes an unsolicited entrance into an argument to post the most tired and unfunny response of the last decade

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:07 pm

horrorbusiness wrote:ITP: the most darling trollette of the aspie contingent, once again, makes an unsolicited entrance into an argument to post the most tired and unfunny response of the last decade

:roll:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
JDndMSW wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:When I called the admissions office about my interview, they said they would hold off on a decision until they heard back from my interviewer.

ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuu. ugh, this person needs to get back to me soon then :(

Doesn't it say to call the school if you don't hear back within a certain window?

I heard back, we set something up, he cancelled 10 minutes before the meeting, said we'd meet up that weekend but never specified when or where, and then hasn't responded since then.

crumpetsandtea wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't mind me asking, what were your softs?

crumpetsandtea wrote:How long does it usually take after your interview to hear back about a decision? Just had mine tonight, been complete since 11/11/11 (such a cool date :P )

I'd hardly say this was an 'unsolicited entrance'. I've been posting in this thread for at least a month now. As for your butthurtness: you were being a dumbass, I called you out. Get over it, horrorbusiness. How long can you hold a meaningless internet grudge for?

anewaphorist

Postby anewaphorist » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

I love TLS. You can't win, because the troll, the funny agitator, always sways the audience, whose attention span is so short they cannot read the actual post history. Apparently, no one can read the page-topping post, in which I attempted to take the high road and be done with whatever bullshit "raging" was instigated. Apparently Grizz, as a Vandy 1L during exam season, has nothing better to do than troll the old posts of admitted students. Why is this not the crime? The crime is being 'mad, bro'?

I think it's more fruitful to discuss employment prospects, so I'll thank Grizz for at least mentioning them in a tertiary way in his post. Look at the numbers. The point is simply that the risk of $70,000 (Vandy's most-given scholarship) is smoothed somewhat (although, of course, not entirely) at GULC. Good LRAP programs make 5-figure debt increments matter even less. And please, let's notice the bias here. Grizz goes to Vandy. I go nowhere yet and have no reason to favor one school over the other.

Seems like other internet grudges are coming to the surface ITT. I absolve myself of that particular unintended consequence of people calling me 'misinformed'.
Last edited by anewaphorist on Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:08 pm

She is darling, alright

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:11 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
I'd hardly say this was an 'unsolicited entrance'. I've been posting in this thread for at least a month now. As for your butthurtness: you were being a dumbass, I called you out. Get over it, horrorbusiness. How long can you hold a meaningless internet grudge for?

operative word in my previous post was "argument" (not thread). contrary to your belief and your many insistings (might not be a word), i ain't mad/grudgin'. i was lightheartedly trolling just like you were :mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”