Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jadoreGLACE
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jadoreGLACE » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:19 pm

2/28 scholarship offer via snail mail, 20k/year :-D

4/6 ASW confirmed!

fakemoney
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fakemoney » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:07 pm

3/1 date, still no box. Smelling more like a ding or W/L. Oh well.

I wonder if there are any acceptances from the 3/1 decision batch...

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PrincetonLaw » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:19 pm

fakemoney wrote:3/1 date, still no box. Smelling more like a ding or W/L. Oh well.

I wonder if there are any acceptances from the 3/1 decision batch...


Nothing here yet either.

User avatar
zapcaz
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zapcaz » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:30 pm

Happy 90th Day Anniversary to Me,
Happy 90th Day Anniversary to Me,
Happy 90th Day Anniversary to that guy who applied and is still waiting for a decision,
Happy 90th Day Anniversary to Me.

User avatar
Shooter
Posts: 474
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Shooter » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:39 pm

Just got scholly in the mail today. Six figures!

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:14 pm

Shooter wrote:Just got scholly in the mail today. Six figures!



Samesies. Pretty pumped about it.

User avatar
Moriarty
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Moriarty » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:16 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:
Shooter wrote:Just got scholly in the mail today. Six figures!



Samesies. Pretty pumped about it.


Congrats, y'all! That's pretty awesome.

User avatar
TexasWave
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TexasWave » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Was getting nervous about this thread, but just got snail mail in for 30k/year = 90k. Very happy about that. That makes it only 15k/year to go to Vanderbilt, which is pretty amazing for a school ranked that high. That is also a good chunk (about 10k) cheaper than UT with their 9500/year offer, even with in-state tuition...Vandy is only 1/2 spots behind UT- anyone have any idea if UT will up their game to match Vandy?

User avatar
Gavel
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Gavel » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:41 pm

fakemoney wrote:3/1 date, still no box. Smelling more like a ding or W/L. Oh well.

I wonder if there are any acceptances from the 3/1 decision batch...



ill be fine with a W/L. i just want to know!!!

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Oftranch » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:09 pm

TexasWave wrote:Was getting nervous about this thread, but just got snail mail in for 30k/year = 90k. Very happy about that. That makes it only 15k/year to go to Vanderbilt, which is pretty amazing for a school ranked that high. That is also a good chunk (about 10k) cheaper than UT with their 9500/year offer, even with in-state tuition...Vandy is only 1/2 spots behind UT- anyone have any idea if UT will up their game to match Vandy?


I would go to Vandy of UT

User avatar
drylo
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:41 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby drylo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:55 pm

der_saeufer wrote:To threadjack myself, I know there are some Vandy students reading this thread... the median age is pretty low, like 24. I'll be 30 when classes start, am I going to feel really out-of-place? I'm single and kind of a nomad, but I feel like I'll be out of place if I'm the only "old" dude there.


Congrats on the scholarship!

30 is definitely going to put you among the older folks here, but you won't be alone. In all honesty, there are probably only a handful or so that are in their 30s starting 1L year, but there are a lot of late 20-somethings. You won't be ostracized for being 30 (at all), but if you are going to be really uncomfortable just knowing that most of your classmates are 5 years younger, then I can't really help you there--except by saying that most law schools probably consist of mostly 20-somethings.

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Oftranch wrote:
TexasWave wrote:Was getting nervous about this thread, but just got snail mail in for 30k/year = 90k. Very happy about that. That makes it only 15k/year to go to Vanderbilt, which is pretty amazing for a school ranked that high. That is also a good chunk (about 10k) cheaper than UT with their 9500/year offer, even with in-state tuition...Vandy is only 1/2 spots behind UT- anyone have any idea if UT will up their game to match Vandy?


I would go to Vandy of UT


Instead of? If so, I agree.

NJPitcher
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NJPitcher » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:31 am

Got 65k over the 3 years, pretty pumped. Mailed 2/28, came via snail mail.

User avatar
TexasWave
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TexasWave » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:18 am

Other than money, why do you guys like Vandy over UT?

User avatar
CommoBlue
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CommoBlue » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 pm

1. Smaller class size
2. Better Big Law placement
3. Places well in a larger number of markets

That said, UT is a pretty awesome school and Austin > Nashville (although Nashville is definitely an underrated city). Can't really go wrong either way...

User avatar
TexasWave
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TexasWave » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:18 pm

Didn't think that Vandy would be better for getting BigLaw jobs. Why is that?

User avatar
CommoBlue
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CommoBlue » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:34 pm

I'm not sure, I just know the past few years Vandy has placed better in NLJ250+AIII than Texas. Maybe that's due to self-selection or its a positive byproduct of Vandy's wider reach and small class size. A current law student could probably give you a better answer though...

Edit: After posting I came across the recently released "Go To" Law School list based on the 2011 graduating class. Looks like this past year Texas and Vandy were pretty identical (around 22%) in NLJ250 placement.
Last edited by CommoBlue on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

atp17
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby atp17 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Decision Mailed 3/2

Are rejections also mailed??

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:13 pm

12/6 its driving me crazy 3 months already

Oftranch
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Oftranch » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:53 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:
Oftranch wrote:
TexasWave wrote:Was getting nervous about this thread, but just got snail mail in for 30k/year = 90k. Very happy about that. That makes it only 15k/year to go to Vanderbilt, which is pretty amazing for a school ranked that high. That is also a good chunk (about 10k) cheaper than UT with their 9500/year offer, even with in-state tuition...Vandy is only 1/2 spots behind UT- anyone have any idea if UT will up their game to match Vandy?


I would go to Vandy of UT


Instead of? If so, I agree.


yes I meant instead of.. thanks for the correction

TexasWave wrote:Other than money, why do you guys like Vandy over UT?


If you haven't been to the UT law school I would encourage you to check it out... I was really disappointed in it myself...

(I am also biased I attended Texas A&M undergrad and was rejected by UT through a 5am email)

User avatar
Gavel
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Gavel » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 pm

atp17 wrote:Decision Mailed 3/2

Are rejections also mailed??


acceptances are mailed via fedex 2day (it is a package not a letter).

W/L and rejections are mailed via snail mail.

Good luck!

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:36 pm

Vandy scholly in the mail today! 110k over three years. Making vandy sooo irresistible right now!

Best birthday present ever :)

hanman
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hanman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:45 pm

3/4 scholarship offer, 80k over 3 years - very unexpected given my splitter status :)

i'm def looking forward to the april ASW now!

User avatar
Moriarty
Posts: 304
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Moriarty » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Vandy scholly in the mail today! 110k over three years. Making vandy sooo irresistible right now!

Best birthday present ever :)


Aww, congrats and happy birthday!

User avatar
THATSHOWYOUGETANTS
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm

complete 11/28 and no decision mailed yet. it must be that they are figuring out a way to give me a scholarship worth more than the cost of tuition.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AJ1010, bloomsday, Christinabruin, hyoung74, kadams, lawschoolbound2017, michelekfla, Mr. Bubbles, nume2016, PDX4343, premalone and 51 guests