Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
wskbarrett wrote:
flyingduck wrote:Congrats to the recent black box recipients. Is anyone who went complete a while ago still waiting? I've been complete since 12/19 and there's still no update. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'm somewhere between the first couple rounds of admission and the waitlist.


12/9 complete...nothing since

12/6 for me. :(


11/10 and still no decision mailed.

wskbarrett
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wskbarrett » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 pm

woodscommaL wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
wskbarrett wrote:
flyingduck wrote:Congrats to the recent black box recipients. Is anyone who went complete a while ago still waiting? I've been complete since 12/19 and there's still no update. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'm somewhere between the first couple rounds of admission and the waitlist.


12/9 complete...nothing since

12/6 for me. :(


11/10 and still no decision mailed.



did you have an interview or any other contact? I have not...thinking it's LOCI time

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:30 pm

wskbarrett wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
BigBlueLaw wrote:
wskbarrett wrote:
12/9 complete...nothing since

12/6 for me. :(


11/10 and still no decision mailed.



did you have an interview or any other contact? I have not...thinking it's LOCI time

12/1. I have a LOCI all prepared and everything. Is it time?

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:32 pm

decision mailed 2/10.... hoping for some good news today!

User avatar
zapcaz
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zapcaz » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Complete 12/13 and interview completed a few days before that...as Tom Petty would say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXZIqxrj5E

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:43 pm

T00L wrote:decision mailed 2/10.... hoping for some good news today!


Good luck!

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 pm

Thanks much!

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby butchcassidy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:09 pm

T00L wrote:decision mailed 2/10.... hoping for some good news today!


I'm at decision mailed 2/10 also. Mail just came and there was nothing, which I'm taking as good news. Rejections/wls come via snail mail and acceptances via FedEx, correct?

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:11 pm

butchcassidy wrote:
T00L wrote:decision mailed 2/10.... hoping for some good news today!


I'm at decision mailed 2/10 also. Mail just came and there was nothing, which I'm taking as good news. Rejections/wls come via snail mail and acceptances via FedEx, correct?


isn't that bad for us?

EDIT: i mean, wouldn't we have a box by now?

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby butchcassidy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:24 pm

T00L wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:
T00L wrote:decision mailed 2/10.... hoping for some good news today!


I'm at decision mailed 2/10 also. Mail just came and there was nothing, which I'm taking as good news. Rejections/wls come via snail mail and acceptances via FedEx, correct?


isn't that bad for us?

EDIT: i mean, wouldn't we have a box by now?


The day is still young. Just because the mail has come doesn't mean FedEx won't be dropping something at the door later.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:56 pm

butchcassidy wrote:
T00L wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:
T00L wrote:decision mailed 2/10.... hoping for some good news today!


I'm at decision mailed 2/10 also. Mail just came and there was nothing, which I'm taking as good news. Rejections/wls come via snail mail and acceptances via FedEx, correct?


isn't that bad for us?

EDIT: i mean, wouldn't we have a box by now?


The day is still young. Just because the mail has come doesn't mean FedEx won't be dropping something at the door later.


Appreciate the optimism. Nada via snail..... Im nervous B/c i was complete 9/25

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:24 pm

butchcassidy wrote:
T00L wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:
T00L wrote:decision mailed 2/10.... hoping for some good news today!


I'm at decision mailed 2/10 also. Mail just came and there was nothing, which I'm taking as good news. Rejections/wls come via snail mail and acceptances via FedEx, correct?


isn't that bad for us?

EDIT: i mean, wouldn't we have a box by now?


The day is still young. Just because the mail has come doesn't mean FedEx won't be dropping something at the door later.


EXACTLY. Fingers crossed for y'all.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:27 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
EXACTLY. Fingers crossed for y'all.


Scarlet has a way of bringing hope. I appreciate all the love!!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:45 pm

T00L wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
EXACTLY. Fingers crossed for y'all.


Scarlet has a way of bringing hope. I appreciate all the love!!


<3

User avatar
PrincetonLaw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PrincetonLaw » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:00 pm

butchcassidy wrote:
PrincetonLaw wrote:
flyingduck wrote:Congrats to the recent black box recipients. Is anyone who went complete a while ago still waiting? I've been complete since 12/19 and there's still no update. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping I'm somewhere between the first couple rounds of admission and the waitlist.


Complete 11/15


I was complete at 11/15 and got decision mailed the other day. This bodes poorly for one of us.


Butch, best of luck! Looking forward to seeing how it shakes out.

Lizzish
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lizzish » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 pm

Wow, you guys were complete months ago and just got decisions...crap. I just got complete 2/9 and am already antsy. Other schools have gotten back to me already, surprisingly quickly. Hope Vandy doesn't take months longer.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:08 pm

I'm sure this has already been answered...but anyone know when merit aid comes out?

zaltman
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:23 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zaltman » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:27 am

Sorry to all you who have been waiting forever. I got my app in 1/22 and got the black box today! And I am thrilled.

User avatar
woodscommaL
Posts: 239
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woodscommaL » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:47 am

wskbarrett wrote:
woodscommaL wrote:
11/10 and still no decision mailed.



did you have an interview or any other contact? I have not...thinking it's LOCI time


No interview, no contact. Might send that LOCI soon...

C'mon Vandy, I'm on TLS on my phone during a Valentines date because I can't stop thinking about you. Just love me back. :(

MissyJRA177
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MissyJRA177 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 am

msblaw89 wrote:I'm sure this has already been answered...but anyone know when merit aid comes out?


Sorry for the vague answer, but about a week ago, Vandy said "within the next few weeks."

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Unagi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:11 am

MissyJRA177 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm sure this has already been answered...but anyone know when merit aid comes out?


Sorry for the vague answer, but about a week ago, Vandy said "within the next few weeks."


I looked up on LSN and a lot of people reported getting an offer on 03/07 last year.

User avatar
srrrrh
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby srrrrh » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:19 am

zaltman wrote:Sorry to all you who have been waiting forever. I got my app in 1/22 and got the black box today! And I am thrilled.


congrats! what was your decision mailed date?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:10 pm

Unagi wrote:
MissyJRA177 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm sure this has already been answered...but anyone know when merit aid comes out?


Sorry for the vague answer, but about a week ago, Vandy said "within the next few weeks."


I looked up on LSN and a lot of people reported getting an offer on 03/07 last year.


Okay! Thank you both

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby shroeder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Ok so this is kinda minor, mainly bc we all know about the black box, but why did Vandy send me a full size 2012 brochure?? I was excited when I saw the large envelop until I checked the return address and knew it was nothing of consequence. I'm sure this means nothing, but I'm curious if anyone else has gotten this? Idk, it's just weird. Good luck all!! May a black box grace your doorstep soon...

dnyr2b
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:48 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dnyr2b » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Everyone gets this.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Beercules, BrainsyK, carlos_danger, cd1945, darthlawyer, goldescholes, HeedMyWarning, NotAGolfer, spursforever, Torres1893, zeglo and 14 guests