Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MissyJRA177
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MissyJRA177 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:59 pm

.
Last edited by MissyJRA177 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cheergirl
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:53 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cheergirl » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:59 am

I've been complete since 1/2. Is it time to send in a LOCI?

AdamHarm
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AdamHarm » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:07 am

I have not yet heard from Vanderbilt but have been accepted to another school.

Two issues:
1. My husband is about to get out of the Army and needs to find a job wher I get into school and Nasheville isn't as strong a market as New York. We need to make decisions soon, buy a house and get him a job. Should I hold out for the long-shot, or make accomodations for the other school which is not where I want to go?

2. I've filled out the online needs based scholarship request, but it says I cannot submit until I've been accepted to the school. The deadline for submitting is 15 FEB...do you think this means I'll hear by then, or am I just screwed re. needs based scholarship if I don't hear before then?

shroeder
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby shroeder » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 am

AdamHarm wrote:I have not yet heard from Vanderbilt but have been accepted to another school.

Two issues:
1. My husband is about to get out of the Army and needs to find a job wher I get into school and Nasheville isn't as strong a market as New York. We need to make decisions soon, buy a house and get him a job. Should I hold out for the long-shot, or make accomodations for the other school which is not where I want to go?

2. I've filled out the online needs based scholarship request, but it says I cannot submit until I've been accepted to the school. The deadline for submitting is 15 FEB...do you think this means I'll hear by then, or am I just screwed re. needs based scholarship if I don't hear before then?



First it's not a hard deadline, you'll just miss the first round of offers. As for where to go, I'll quote Rah from last nights Big Bang Theory, "Follow your heart!". One more tip, if your numbers are above the medians then hold out a while longer, if not start planning for NY. Good luck in all you do!

emcoast32
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emcoast32 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:42 pm

IN!! got my black box today. my status says decision mailed 2/8, but i happened to check it yesterday and it was blank. must be a delay on the updates.

User avatar
StarLightSpectre
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby StarLightSpectre » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Still sitting 11/18! WTF! I ain't mad atcha but come on Vandy.

User avatar
calypso4
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calypso4 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:44 pm

I got my black box yesterday! Yay!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:45 pm

calypso4 wrote:I got my black box yesterday! Yay!


Isn't it purdy? :D

User avatar
calypso4
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby calypso4 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:47 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
calypso4 wrote:I got my black box yesterday! Yay!


Isn't it purdy? :D


Yes it is! :D Will be even better when the financial info comes!

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Scarlet, tell Vandy there's a nice big white space a little below your dot on the LSN graph that some one can fill nicely. :)

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:54 pm

tmon wrote:Scarlet, tell Vandy there's a nice big white space a little below your dot on the LSN graph that some one can fill nicely. :)


Will do. Then you can come to ASW and hang out with me!

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:57 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
tmon wrote:Scarlet, tell Vandy there's a nice big white space a little below your dot on the LSN graph that some one can fill nicely. :)


Will do. Then you can come to ASW and hang out with me!

Let's make this happen. :lol:

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:01 pm

tmon wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
tmon wrote:Scarlet, tell Vandy there's a nice big white space a little below your dot on the LSN graph that some one can fill nicely. :)


Will do. Then you can come to ASW and hang out with me!

Let's make this happen. :lol:


Brb, calling mags and grizz and hanni and arranging a "let tmon in" brute squad.

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby southernsuperstar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:04 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
tmon wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
tmon wrote:Scarlet, tell Vandy there's a nice big white space a little below your dot on the LSN graph that some one can fill nicely. :)


Will do. Then you can come to ASW and hang out with me!

Let's make this happen. :lol:


Brb, calling mags and grizz and hanni and arranging a "let tmon in" brute squad.


I'll join this brute squad, I'm all in for more TLS in Nashville :lol:

User avatar
tmon
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:52 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tmon » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:13 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
tmon wrote:Let's make this happen. :lol:


Brb, calling mags and grizz and hanni and arranging a "let tmon in" brute squad.

Occupy Nashville, plz&thx

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Decision mailed 2/9. Very nervous!

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby southernsuperstar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:45 pm

moxy wrote:Decision mailed 2/9. Very nervous!


Good luck!! It might come today :shock:

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:49 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:
moxy wrote:Decision mailed 2/9. Very nervous!


Good luck!! It might come today :shock:


That quick! I was mentally prepared for tomorrow. Boston is not that close to Nashville. I don't know if I am ready for anything but good news today .. I have plans for tonight :|

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby southernsuperstar » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:53 pm

moxy wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:
moxy wrote:Decision mailed 2/9. Very nervous!


Good luck!! It might come today :shock:


That quick! I was mentally prepared for tomorrow. Boston is not that close to Nashville. I don't know if I am ready for anything but good news today .. I have plans for tonight :|


Oops. Mine was mailed 1/12 and I got it 1/16...but that was over a holiday weekend so I guess I was thinking it was really fast :oops:

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ricsllscir » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:05 pm

moxy wrote:
southernsuperstar wrote:
moxy wrote:Decision mailed 2/9. Very nervous!


Good luck!! It might come today :shock:


That quick! I was mentally prepared for tomorrow. Boston is not that close to Nashville. I don't know if I am ready for anything but good news today .. I have plans for tonight :|


I live in cambridge, and mine came 2 days after they mailed...hope you get good news!!

tebowforpresident
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tebowforpresident » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:10 pm

emcoast32 wrote:IN!! got my black box today. my status says decision mailed 2/8, but i happened to check it yesterday and it was blank. must be a delay on the updates.


May I ask what part of the country you are from? My status updated today to decision mailed 2/8 as well.

ekbrown09
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ekbrown09 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:13 pm

.
Last edited by ekbrown09 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:09 pm

167 3.7 still at128 do I have any shot

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:37 pm

confusedlaw wrote:167 3.7 still at128 do I have any shot


Potentially, I was accepted with 168, 3.8 and you aren't too far off

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Vanderbilt c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby butchcassidy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Decision mailed 2/10. Expecting the worst.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”