Law School
Admissions
Law
Schools
Law
Students
TLS
Forums

Forum Index     Latest Posts     Forum Search     Mobile (on/off)     See Also: Rankings/Profiles   Interviews   LSAT Prep   TLS Stats

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:44 pm 

benburns214 wrote:

Lol... couldn't agree more. Its a filthy hippie school anyway... not certain I couldh handle fraternizing with them for 3 years. We have multiple attorneys at our firm that graduated from U of Oregon, and everyone of them hates L&C merely because of the scum that rolls out of there.

Haha. One of the funniest things I have read on this site. Someone isn't mad about not getting accepted or anything...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:25 am 

Hjones33 wrote:
COL in Portland is cheaper than Seattle.

Considerably so, but starting to catch up as demand for housing passes supply.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:07 am 

TIKITEMBO wrote:
kmokeefe wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:
Quote:
hmmmm I can't remember if I said I was interested in both or not, but under program time on my status check it says evening which is part-time, and I was admitted to the part-time program. Does yours say anything specific in that spot on the status check?

Mine says Day at the moment, but I wonder if that might change in the next few days. I remember that I put my preference as day but that I would accept part-time on the part of the application where it asked. Also, my requirements list is blank as well.

Yeah I think you're pretty much in, the requirements list disappeared for me and I was able to log in to the site and I got a letter about a week later.

If you still aren't sure what program you were admitted to, it said in my acceptance letter which one I was admitted for. Congratulations!

I'll definitely update once I get the letter, but thanks!

Got the packet in the mail. FT day program :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:38 am 

edit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:02 pm 

Officially withdrew. Retaking in June. Everyone after me on the unofficial WL just got moved up a spot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:42 pm 

un-vordox wrote:
Officially withdrew. Retaking in June. Everyone after me on the unofficial WL just got moved up a spot.

Good luck and start studying. Get 170+ and scoff at L&C.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 pm 

On it! Thanks dude.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:22 pm 

Just got the held for second review e-mail from Lewis and Clark. I'm not going to withdraw just yet though, I'll see how it plays out. I love Portland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:07 pm 

Officially withdrew from Lewis and Clark. I hope my spot goes to one of you! Best of luck

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 am 

Are there stips to the schollys? If so what are they?

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:26 pm 

Received admission packet today, FT Day. But no mention of scholarship money.... Are scholarships usually sent with the admission packet? I've heard that they ran out of money. :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:42 am 

Same here, acceptance packet but no scholly mention. I originally thought it was going to be one of those info packets, because my status checker only says application received.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:28 pm 

same here. I am in, but no scholly mention

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:42 pm 

Officially withdrew. Good luck wait list/on hold people!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:10 pm 

I didn't receive a decision yet, but I got a preview day email that states I'll have the chance to meet "other admitted students." Does this mean anything?

I was able to login after clicking admitted students, I'm guessing that means I'm in?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:34 am 

Does L&C ever offer full tuition scholarships? Has anyone had any success with negotiating scholarships?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 pm 

I've been "held for second review" so I was not waitlisted but should I send in a LOCI anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm 

I called admissions today, and I was told scholarship offers are sent with the packets. If you request reconsideration, send admissions an email, you go on a list, and after the initial deposit passes, if money opens up, they give it to people on the list. They will extend the deposit deadline for people on that list. I sent my current offers, and they said they want to be competitive with other schools. I was offered $400 for travel costs too. I basically said I would choose L&C if they could offer me enough money to match the lowest amount of debt I would incur from a peer school (ranked within 10 of L&C). No way I'm going in debt, but I really want to move to Portland.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:20 pm 

Thank you for posting that info 1776. I'm considering L&C, but I'm hoping for some $$$.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:03 pm 

Anyone on here a current student to answer questions about life in Portland or someone who currently lives in Portland? I have a lot of questions that are not really law school related, but about Portland in general.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:08 pm 

Portlander here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:35 pm 

Also a Portlander. Ask away.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:07 am 

Portland-area suburbanite here.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 am 

Thanks to all!

What is the feel of Portland like? Like in the city I currently live in, there is one downtown area, and then all other parts/neighborhoods in the city have more a suburban feel. Is Portland like this or is it more city?

Public transportation in Portland... does an adequate system exist or is having a car a necessity? I'm just not sure if I would be able to bring my car from the east coast.

If known, where do a lot of law students live? Is it pretty spread out or are there more confined areas of law students?

What are the surroundings of the law school like, what is the area/neighborhood like? It appears to be cut off from the undergrad campus, can anyone comment on this.

What is living in downtown like? General idea of cost?

Anything else you can say about Portland would be appreciated!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:51 pm 

"What is the feel of Portland like? Like in the city I currently live in, there is one downtown area, and then all other parts/neighborhoods in the city have more a suburban feel. Is Portland like this or is it more city?"
There are a lot of very distinct neighborhoods in Portland proper. Even within downtown, there's the shopping area around Pioneer Place, Old Town with all the bars/nightlife, NW 23rd with boutiques and close to the Timbers stadium. On the east side the neighborhoods tend to be more bohemian. The closer to the river you stay, the more urban it feels. There further out you go, the more suburban it gets. Lewis & Clark's campus is in a somewhat suburban area of SW Portland, surrounded by forest.

"Public transportation in Portland... does an adequate system exist or is having a car a necessity? I'm just not sure if I would be able to bring my car from the east coast."
I have a car, but I know plenty of people who get by with bike+public transit. Again, the closer you stay to the river, the easier it is to stay connected to transit. Though, if you do want to live further out, where rent is cheaper, just make sure you're walking distance to a MAX line, and you'll be fine.

"If known, where do a lot of law students live? Is it pretty spread out or are there more confined areas of law students?"
I'm 0L, so I can't really speak to that.

"What are the surroundings of the law school like, what is the area/neighborhood like? It appears to be cut off from the undergrad campus, can anyone comment on this."
The surroundings of the campus are pretty suburban, in the sense that you have to drive/take a bus to downtown. But it's not like strip malls and housing developments. It's lush forest.

"What is living in downtown like? General idea of cost?"
I looked at a lot of studios in downtown Portland. They were going for $650-$800, plus some utilities. The rental market in Portland is very tight, like 3% vacancy, compared to 5% in other cities. Best advice: make friends and rent a house together. That makes the cost more like $400 per person. Personally I prefer living on the east side, but now I'm thinking about moving to SW Portland to make the commute to L&C easier.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next