2012 Lewis & Clark People Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sidhesadie

Bronze

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Post by sidhesadie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 pm

kmokeefe wrote: ahhhhhh I can't believe it!

does anyone know if they give any merit scholarships to part-time students?

going here would be a dream, it's just a matter of being able to afford it!
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

They give merit money to part times students, it will be in a letter in the acceptance info you'll get in the mail if you get a scholly.

And yes, ability to log in on the admitted students site DOES mean you are admitted, and it usually happens a couple days before you get your info via snail mail.

Good Luck!

lawlaw87

New

Post by lawlaw87 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 pm

stephinmd wrote:
lawlaw87 wrote:I'm pretty sure it means you are admitted :D I can't log in...

kmokeefe wrote:so i was able to log in to the accepted students website with my email and birth year. (i tried the same thing yesterday after my status updated and it didn't work)

might mean i'm accepted???
...i can log in.... :shock:
Lucky you, I guess you are admitted as well :D I think we applied at the same time, could you tell me how many times your status got updated? and the dates? Thanks

proxy

New

Post by proxy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:34 pm

Anyone get wait listed?

I'm thinking the next update is the moment of truth, if I don't die of an ulcer first. I'm ready for acceptance or denial, but if I get wait listed I'm gonna hang myself :cry:
Last edited by proxy on Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Serendipity63

New

Post by Serendipity63 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 pm

To those of you that are going to the admitted students even in March, are you going to the reception Thursday night or just the campus tour Friday?

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:14 pm

Serendipity63 wrote:To those of you that are going to the admitted students even in March, are you going to the reception Thursday night or just the campus tour Friday?
Both, but head to this forum to discuss ASD

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=177031

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Hey Kmokeefe, congratulations!

Can I ask how you were putting in your b-day? Was it 00/00/0000?

onedavetoomany

Bronze

Post by onedavetoomany » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 pm

Anyone else receive the large white envelope with "Office of Admissions" written on the front. It was just a lewis and clark info pamphlet. Tease :shock:

chill

Bronze

Post by chill » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:31 pm

onedavetoomany wrote:Anyone else receive the large white envelope with "Office of Admissions" written on the front. It was just a lewis and clark info pamphlet. Tease :shock:
I honestly think L&C's admissions department has done one of the worst jobs of any school I've applied to. Luckily for them, I also applied to IU-Bloomington, which wanted me to fax something in.

kmokeefe

Bronze

Post by kmokeefe » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:49 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:Hey Kmokeefe, congratulations!

Thank you! All I did was put in my birth year, and I did it as 0000.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 am

kmokeefe wrote:
TIKITEMBO wrote:Hey Kmokeefe, congratulations!

Thank you! All I did was put in my birth year, and I did it as 0000.
Haha, oh man that was an RC fail on my part. Looks like I'm not admitted yet, but now I have something else to obsessively check :D

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 am

onedavetoomany wrote:Anyone else receive the large white envelope with "Office of Admissions" written on the front. It was just a lewis and clark info pamphlet. Tease :shock:
Ya... got that yesterday when I got back from work. TOTAL tease.... bunch of buttholes

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:02 pm

You get a weekend in Portland. What must-sees do you check out?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation on a bar that serves gluten free beer on tap? I have a severe allergy to wheat and dearly miss beer. It would be great to try some good gf beer on tap! I've only been able to find 1 brand in Chicago thus far.

Thanks guys.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:17 pm

llachans wrote:You get a weekend in Portland. What must-sees do you check out?

Also, does anyone have a recommendation on a bar that serves gluten free beer on tap? I have a severe allergy to wheat and dearly miss beer. It would be great to try some good gf beer on tap! I've only been able to find 1 brand in Chicago thus far.

Thanks guys.
The Deschutes brewpub on NW Davis & 11th has something gluten-free on tap (I've heard mention of a NWPA, an ESB, and something "like a filtered hefeweizen", but I think only 1 or 2 are on tap at a time), and gluten-free items on the menu (including burger buns, I believe)

As for must-sees:
--Powell's Books on Burnside (a full city block of books; they literally provide maps at the door).
--Also, eat from a food cart/truck. Portland is known for its food, and even the cheap street food is awesome.
--Really nice Japanese and Chinese formal gardens, if that kind of thing is up your alley.
--If you want to go for a hike/run, Forest Park is one of the largest forests within city limits in the country. It has like 70 miles of trails or something and can get you from NW downtown to the Zoo/rose garden/Japanese garden up in the hills. You can also see small patches of honest-to-god oldgrowth, which is rare even out here.
--Catholics and/or meditative types may enjoy The Grotto (google it). I'm atheist and I think it's rather lovely.
--Any/all of the McMenamins pubs/brewpubs/theater pubs/hotel pubs

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

proxy

New

Post by proxy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:55 pm

llachans wrote:You get a weekend in Portland. What must-sees do you check out?

Thanks guys.
If you get the chance, check out Salvador Molly's. awesome food there. I think it was featured on Man vs Food. It's not in the downtown area though.

http://www.salvadormollys.com/

charliep

Bronze

Post by charliep » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:01 pm

i fear i'm too excited for my visit. if it doesn't live up to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg , i'll be very disappointed

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:05 pm

charliep wrote:i fear i'm too excited for my visit. if it doesn't live up to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVmq9dq6Nsg , i'll be very disappointed
If that's a Portlandia video, be aware that it's probably more popular in places that aren't Portland. The people I know think it's just meh.

You should check out the actual Portlandia sculpture, though. 2nd largest of its kind (hammered copper) in the world, after a certain lady with a torch.
Last edited by rinkrat19 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

checkster

Bronze

Post by checkster » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:06 pm

Might have just checked this thread while watching Portlandia...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:48 pm

Thanks for the suggestions! I hope people will keep adding their 2 cents in so I have an awesome itinery for the weekend.

Out of curiosity (and I'm sorry if this is really stupid), but does Portland have different neighborhoods like Chicago does. We have Chinatown, Greektown, the more artistic neighborhoods, the gay and lesiban neighborhoods, the neighborhood revolving around Soldier's Field & sports bars, etc.

Just wondering if that would help maximize my efficiency in touring Portland or if it's not comparable to that at all. Thanks!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:49 pm

llachans wrote:Thanks for the suggestions! I hope people will keep adding their 2 cents in so I have an awesome itinery for the weekend.

Out of curiosity (and I'm sorry if this is really stupid), but does Portland have different neighborhoods like Chicago does. We have Chinatown, Greektown, the more artistic neighborhoods, the gay and lesiban neighborhoods, the neighborhood revolving around Soldier's Field & sports bars, etc.

Just wondering if that would help maximize my efficiency in touring Portland or if it's not comparable to that at all. Thanks!
Oh, definitely.

West Side (of the river)
NW
NW 23rd (Trendy-third) - yuppie/hipster food/shopping/coffee
Pearl District (Divorcee Row) - warehouse condos/yuppie food/shopping/coffee
Old Town/Chinatown

SW Portland is mostly downtown, with L&C up above in the hills, and Forest Park/Washington Park

East Side
North Portland is our version of the hood. (Not very hood-y in the grand scheme of things, but still some places you don't want to walk around alone after dark). There are still great little restaurants and bars all over.
NE and SE are huge (relatively speaking), with mixes of quirky and yucky and fancy all running into each other. There are very nice old neighborhoods right next to streets where hookers walk. Right along the river is mostly industrial, with the convention center, the sports arenas, and the science museum. There's a nice walking/biking path that runs along the east side (East Bank Esplanade) with a nice view of the west side downtown.
Honestly, I don't know the east side all that well except for a few places. I know there's lots out there that I've missed, but also there's a lot of crappy neighborhoods filled with tweakers and hipsters. Not sure which is more annoying.

A personal favorite is Montage, under the east side of the Morrison Bridge. If you need cheap cajun food and mac-n-cheese at 2am, GO HERE and sit at long family style tables with drag queens.

ETA: there definitely are more individual neighborhoods on both sides of the river (95 I believe is the official count), but I was being very general.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:56 pm

llachans wrote:Thanks for the suggestions! I hope people will keep adding their 2 cents in so I have an awesome itinery for the weekend.

Portland has neighborhoods, but it isn't segregated by population like Chicago or New York. That said, here's my take on it.

The city is divided into 5 quadrants: northwest, southwest, northeast, southeast, and north portland. Burnside Street divides north from south, and the Willamette river divides east from west. I'll post something on each quadrant here in this thread as I have time tonight and tomorrow. Rinkrat, just saw what you're typing. I'm working on doing the same thing!

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Northwest:
The two main neighborhoods here are The Pearl (think condos, rich ladies walking tiny dogs, art galleries, and spendy food) and The Alphabet District (which is where I live and has one of the best bar scenes in town along 21st and 23rd Avenues. I like Northwest a lot and spend most of my time here. Everything is close and you never need a car. If you're a soccer fan, be sure to check out the Timber's stadium.

Highlights: Powell's Books, Bridgeport, North 45, Andina, PBJ's (foodcart), Jamison Park

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:12 pm

Southwest:

Southwest is defined by the downtown area and, further out, nicer suburbs (this is where Lewis and Clark is at). Downtown is a fun place to hang out during the day. There are lots of parks, Pioneer Square, and the some of the best food carts in the country. Check out the mall, NikeTown, and get a feel for where you'll most likely be working after L&C.

Highlight reel: Built to Grill (food cart), Cafe Yumm, Park Blocks near PSU, Waterfront park and the East Bank Esplanade.

llachans

Silver

Post by llachans » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:49 pm

You guys are being so helpful! I really appreciate this! I'll definitely have to check out the Northwest neighborhood :D

Rinkrat....what is a "tweaker"? (I have never heard that expression before.)

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:17 pm

llachans wrote:You guys are being so helpful! I really appreciate this! I'll definitely have to check out the Northwest neighborhood :D

Meth addict. Portland (and Oregon in general) has a huge meth problem. You can't buy Sudafed over the counter here.

chill

Bronze

Post by chill » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:38 am

rinkrat19 wrote:
llachans wrote:You guys are being so helpful! I really appreciate this! I'll definitely have to check out the Northwest neighborhood :D

Meth addict. Portland (and Oregon in general) has a huge meth problem. You can't buy Sudafed over the counter here.
I don't think you can buy Sudafed over the counter anywhere in the country anymore. Reasonably sure that's a federal restriction.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”