2012 Lewis & Clark People

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
msu1077
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby msu1077 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 pm

divtheshin wrote:I also have a different middle initial. good sign? bad sign? probably no sign.

The question is: Is your new middle initial above or below your actual middle initial in the alphabet...I'm sure one could find some correlation to the acceptance rate of people whose letter increased to those who decreased...LOL! :roll:

User avatar
proxy
Posts: 43
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby proxy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:35 pm

un-vordox wrote:
kmokeefe wrote:Welp, today the Lewis and Clark status checker decided to give me a middle initial that is not mine. I just called admissions so I guess they're looking in to it.


+1


Same here. wtf.

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby un-vordox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I really can't believe L&C turned out to be the slowest/worst of all the schools I applied to. I expected a lot more.

HellOnHeels
Posts: 548
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby HellOnHeels » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:32 pm

This happened maybe a week or two ago. At first, there was a completely different name on your account. Then that was fixed, and so your first and last name correct, but it still had the middle initial as being incorrect.

Their system seems to have some bugs in it.

User avatar
un-vordox
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:32 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby un-vordox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 pm

proxy wrote:
un-vordox wrote:
kmokeefe wrote:Welp, today the Lewis and Clark status checker decided to give me a middle initial that is not mine. I just called admissions so I guess they're looking in to it.


+1


Same here. wtf.


Mine is back to normal now.

checkster
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:29 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby checkster » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Just applied the other day when I saw there was a fee waiver. App went complete today, but it sounds like its going to be a long wait...

fosterp
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 am

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby fosterp » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:07 pm

I too have a different middle initial on the status checker, however my acceptance letters and all other information has the correct name. Though the "street" in my address is misspelled on both the status checker, my acceptance info, and the mailing envelope that contained the acceptance packet.

On a sidenote....I used a really stupid email address when I created my lsac account which was initially just to start testing the waters...unaware that it was basically going to be part of every law school application I submitted, despite using a different email on each individual application...how embarassing.

divtheshin
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby divtheshin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 pm

,
Last edited by divtheshin on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
chill
Posts: 258
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 am

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby chill » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:09 pm

fosterp wrote:On a sidenote....I used a really stupid email address when I created my lsac account which was initially just to start testing the waters...unaware that it was basically going to be part of every law school application I submitted, despite using a different email on each individual application...how embarassing.


On the bright side, I'm sure L&C will eventually assign you a new email address to go along with your new middle initial.

bflint30
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:04 am

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby bflint30 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:39 pm

Accepted last week, no $$$ though, so its up in the air.

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby cougarlive » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:59 pm

Got accepted today. App complete on 1/26 (2nd update), letter dated 1/30. No word on Scholarship money though. Does merit money come with the acceptance letter usually?

Stinger97
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby Stinger97 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:33 pm

I went complete on 1/19 and I'm waiting on pins and needles. Should I worry?

GPA is a 3.67 with a 158 LSAT.

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby holden147 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:20 pm

Stinger97 wrote:I went complete on 1/19 and I'm waiting on pins and needles. Should I worry?

GPA is a 3.67 with a 158 LSAT.


According to this: http://law.lclark.edu/offices/admission ... s_profile/

You are at the 75% percentile for GPA and just above the 25% percentile as far as LSAT score goes. While I don't think you're an "auto admit" I'd say you have a fair chance. Furthermore, being on pins and needles over the application process will cause you to have a heart attack before you ever get a decision so try to find a hobby (I've taken up biking more seriously) to keep you active and keep your mind off the process. There's not much you can do - if anything - about your application so just enjoy the ride. Good luck!

Stinger97
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby Stinger97 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 am

holden147 wrote:
Stinger97 wrote:I went complete on 1/19 and I'm waiting on pins and needles. Should I worry?

GPA is a 3.67 with a 158 LSAT.


According to this: http://law.lclark.edu/offices/admission ... s_profile/

You are at the 75% percentile for GPA and just above the 25% percentile as far as LSAT score goes. While I don't think you're an "auto admit" I'd say you have a fair chance. Furthermore, being on pins and needles over the application process will cause you to have a heart attack before you ever get a decision so try to find a hobby (I've taken up biking more seriously) to keep you active and keep your mind off the process. There's not much you can do - if anything - about your application so just enjoy the ride. Good luck!

Aha, thanks for that!

Trying to just keep myself busy but I'm so ready to know where I'm going to be moving come September. Thanks for the advice!

fosterp
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:09 am

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby fosterp » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:38 am

cougarlive wrote:Got accepted today. App complete on 1/26 (2nd update), letter dated 1/30. No word on Scholarship money though. Does merit money come with the acceptance letter usually?


I received a second letter in my packet that expressly addressed the issue of merit scholarships, and it stated that I was eligible for merit aid but all of their resources have already been offered, and I would have to ask to be re-evaluated in April for merit aid once they have a better picture of what will be accepted and declined. I'm not sure to take that at face value, or read between the lines in that, since I really have no idea how merit aid works at universities. However, I would assume if there was no mention of it in your packet, that they felt they didn't need to offer you any. I would expect though that it wouldn't hurt to attempt to negotiate some sort of aid come April if that's how the ball rolls around there.

rahrah
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby rahrah » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:19 pm

cougarlive wrote:Got accepted today. App complete on 1/26 (2nd update), letter dated 1/30. No word on Scholarship money though. Does merit money come with the acceptance letter usually?


Got my scholarship info in the acceptance letter.

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby cougarlive » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:32 pm

rahrah wrote:
cougarlive wrote:Got accepted today. App complete on 1/26 (2nd update), letter dated 1/30. No word on Scholarship money though. Does merit money come with the acceptance letter usually?


Got my scholarship info in the acceptance letter.


Thanks to those who responded, it gives me a better idea of where to rank it on my list, and unfortunately, w/o scholarship $$$$ it's not even an option I can legitimately consider.

Looks like I'll probably be retaking the LSAT.

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:41 pm

I got scholly info in my admission letter. I'll be withdrawing soon, so hopefully the money will get passed around to you folks!

bmlinds
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby bmlinds » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Campagnolo wrote:I got scholly info in my admission letter. I'll be withdrawing soon, so hopefully the money will get passed around to you folks!



can you tell them to give it to me?

bmlinds
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby bmlinds » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:35 pm

cougarlive wrote:Got accepted today. App complete on 1/26 (2nd update), letter dated 1/30. No word on Scholarship money though. Does merit money come with the acceptance letter usually?



Just curious, did you count the initial complete as the 1st update?

I'm waiting on the east coast, so if the letter is dated 1/30 it would take almost another week to get to me

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 pm

bmlinds wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:I got scholly info in my admission letter. I'll be withdrawing soon, so hopefully the money will get passed around to you folks!



can you tell them to give it to me?


Yes, $84,000 coming your way. I'll just need your name, address, social security number, and ATM pin number. :)

aidanm2
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby aidanm2 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:58 pm

Just got my letter of acceptance today

User avatar
BlazersTime
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 am

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby BlazersTime » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:59 pm

got a packet in the mail from Lewis and Clark Admissions so my heart jumped. Turns out it was a brochure detailing some of their programs. Why do they do this?!?! I'm going to have a nervous breakdown

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby cougarlive » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:05 pm

BlazersTime wrote:got a packet in the mail from Lewis and Clark Admissions so my heart jumped. Turns out it was a brochure detailing some of their programs. Why do they do this?!?! I'm going to have a nervous breakdown


I got the same thing before getting my acceptance...maybe your acceptance is on the way!

User avatar
BlazersTime
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:56 am

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Postby BlazersTime » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 pm

cougarlive wrote:
BlazersTime wrote:got a packet in the mail from Lewis and Clark Admissions so my heart jumped. Turns out it was a brochure detailing some of their programs. Why do they do this?!?! I'm going to have a nervous breakdown


I got the same thing before getting my acceptance...maybe your acceptance is on the way!


haha I sure hope so! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor and 5 guests