2012 Lewis & Clark People Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jclarke4

New

Re: 2012 Lewis & Clark People

Post by jclarke4 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 am

Called Lewis and Clark today to check my status and confirm an address change. Was notified that I have been accepted. However, I believe I will be going to U of O.

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 am

jclarke4 wrote:Called Lewis and Clark today to check my status and confirm an address change. Was notified that I have been accepted. However, I believe I will be going to U of O.
+1

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Couldn't get an answer, but I'm in on the ASW. Any Regular Decision candidates, have you received your admitted packets/info in the mail yet?

StockholmHam

New

Post by StockholmHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Pioneers!
Last edited by StockholmHam on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:02 pm

benburns214 wrote:
jclarke4 wrote:Called Lewis and Clark today to check my status and confirm an address change. Was notified that I have been accepted. However, I believe I will be going to U of O.
+1
I'll need more money from U of O or the ability to establish residency by 2L in order to attend over L&C.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Jennymy12 wrote::roll:

So I sent in my application a couple of weeks ago. It says complete, but I am fretting. I live in Portland, attended Portland State, where I received dual honors in Poli Sci and Philosophy, 3.6 GPA while working in local government and non-profits. I have volunteered at a lock-down treatment center mentoring young women, local political campaigns, and contributed to local public policies. I am Navajo, and an Oregonian, so overall my application I feel is strong - except for my 153 LSAT!!

My PM was solid, as were my letters of recommendation. I have spoken with several individuals who received low 150 scores and were accepted, but I go back and forth between worrying and feeling confident. I spoke with the admissions dept and they told me I should definitely apply, but I just don't know. They also told me that only applying to their school will improve my chances of acceptance. Since I am committed to local issues, I just applied to L & C, but as time passes I worry that I should of applied to Willamette, although I despise Salem. Anyone have some feedback on my situation?

Am I delusional in thinking I may be accepted to this school?
LSN is not terribly hopeful, sorry, although your URM status gives you a shot.
http://lewisandclark.lawschoolnumbers.c ... Cycle=1112

You should really wait a cycle and take the LSAT again.

StockholmHam

New

Post by StockholmHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Pioneers!
Last edited by StockholmHam on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StockholmHam

New

Post by StockholmHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Pioneers!
Last edited by StockholmHam on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Campagnolo

Silver

Post by Campagnolo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Jennymy12 wrote:I saw this prior, but it doesn't account for the individuals who I have known that have been accepted with the same, if not lower scores than mine. Also, what about the part-time program. Their LSAT score 25 percentile is 155.
Retake. Serious. Do you want to get in? Or do you want to get in with a fat scholly? Because every point on that test equals dollars.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:28 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
Jennymy12 wrote::roll:

So I sent in my application a couple of weeks ago. It says complete, but I am fretting. I live in Portland, attended Portland State, where I received dual honors in Poli Sci and Philosophy, 3.6 GPA while working in local government and non-profits. I have volunteered at a lock-down treatment center mentoring young women, local political campaigns, and contributed to local public policies. I am Navajo, and an Oregonian, so overall my application I feel is strong - except for my 153 LSAT!!

My PM was solid, as were my letters of recommendation. I have spoken with several individuals who received low 150 scores and were accepted, but I go back and forth between worrying and feeling confident. I spoke with the admissions dept and they told me I should definitely apply, but I just don't know. They also told me that only applying to their school will improve my chances of acceptance. Since I am committed to local issues, I just applied to L & C, but as time passes I worry that I should of applied to Willamette, although I despise Salem. Anyone have some feedback on my situation?

Am I delusional in thinking I may be accepted to this school?
LSN is not terribly hopeful, sorry, although your URM status gives you a shot.

I got in with only a slightly higher LSAT and slightly higher GPA but not a URM. I think you've got a shot, but I think you should seriously think about applying to some other schools as well if you want to make sure you're going somewhere this year. If you're not tied to this year, retaking is there. If you're interested in Public Interest though, look into IBR/public service loan forgiveness which would get rid of a lot of your costs.

URM=Under Represented Minority. Being Native American would give you a boost if you check that on your app.

StockholmHam

New

Post by StockholmHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Pioneers!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Jennymy12 wrote:Thanks for clarifying what a URM is, I look forward to the interesting dinner conversation when I tell my Dad about that terminology of our heritage. I just got off the phone with L&C and they said that I should know next week what is going on with the application. I am so completely stressed!

As for whether I "want a fat scholly", honestly all I care about is being accepted.
Are your parents rich and footing the bill? Because that's the ONLY situation in which a scholarship wouldn't matter. A JD from L&C costs well over six figures.

To be honest, it doesn't sound like you're sufficiently well-informed on the topic of law school admissions to make this decision.

skaterboyroland

New

Post by skaterboyroland » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm an accounting major at washington state university vancouver and i just got accepted with a 3.5 and 156. So I dont think you should worry.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Because that's the ONLY situation in which a scholarship wouldn't matter.
Not if you do Public Interest work and take advantage of IBR/PSLF. When this person says they're interested in "local issues" that makes me think they're PI oriented even if not familiar with everything. If you're not doing PI and don't have a different plan for costs, then yes, I agree that's difficult.

I'll clarify too that URM is for all groups that are underrepresented in law school.

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:54 pm

TIKITEMBO wrote:
Because that's the ONLY situation in which a scholarship wouldn't matter.
Not if you do Public Interest work and take advantage of IBR/PSLF. When this person says they're interested in "local issues" that makes me think they're PI oriented even if not familiar with everything. If you're not doing PI and don't have a different plan for costs, then yes, I agree that's difficult.

I'll clarify too that URM is for all groups that are underrepresented in law school.
L&C's LRAP is pretty weak. It only kicks in for (adjusted) incomes under $45K. It'll save you from poverty, but won't help you live a middle-class life on a typical PI salary.

StockholmHam

New

Post by StockholmHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 pm

Pioneers!
Last edited by StockholmHam on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Jennymy12 wrote:I do plan on doing Public Interest work, and being Navajo I receive substantial assistance for school. I also am friends with local prosecutors, attorneys, and government leaders who have endured the full cost of Lewis and Clark, and simply make payments on their loans. It is possible, and their are opportunities.
You are new to TLS Jennymy12... so im going to warn you now. 85% of the posters on this board are "T-14 or Dont Go" people, another 7% say that paying full price at any school will lead you to poverty.

My advice? Ask someone who knows something about law school and the field.... NOT anyone on here.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:05 pm

benburns214 wrote:
Jennymy12 wrote:I do plan on doing Public Interest work, and being Navajo I receive substantial assistance for school. I also am friends with local prosecutors, attorneys, and government leaders who have endured the full cost of Lewis and Clark, and simply make payments on their loans. It is possible, and their are opportunities.
You are new to TLS Jennymy12... so im going to warn you now. 85% of the posters on this board are "T-14 or Dont Go" people, another 7% say that paying full price at any school will lead you to poverty.

My advice? Ask someone who knows something about law school and the field.... NOT anyone on here.
Honestly, law school is no guarantee of being successful, but it doesn't mean T-14 or don't go. However, at the same time most of us posting here are 0Ls and those who like to go on the boards telling everyone on their soapbox how bad law school is. Take everything you read on this board with a grain of salt.

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:07 pm

KibblesnBitts wrote:
benburns214 wrote:

Honestly, law school is no guarantee of being successful, but it doesn't mean T-14 or don't go. However, at the same time most of us posting here are 0Ls and those who like to go on the boards telling everyone on their soapbox how bad law school is. Take everything you read on this board with a grain of salt.
True... but nothing in this world can guarantee success. You are right about everything else tho... GIANT grain of salt.

KibblesnBitts

Bronze

Post by KibblesnBitts » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 pm

benburns214 wrote: True... but nothing in this world can guarantee success. You are right about everything else tho... GIANT grain of salt.
You would be surprised at how many people think law school is a one-way ticket to Successville. It's sad, really. But as long as you have a head on your shoulders and understand that you have to devote yourself to these three/four years of law school in order to succeed and know what you're getting yourself into, do what feels right.

StockholmHam

New

Post by StockholmHam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Alright, I just got a text from a friend who is involved in admissions. This last hour has not helped with my stress level, so I am going to delete my posts, and pretend that I never sought any sort of advice and wisdom from TLS. But for the few of you that legitimately spoke from a place of concern and genuine interest for my career path - thank you. I feel confident that I am what L & C is looking for, weak LSAT and all. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:18 pm

L&C's LRAP is pretty weak. It only kicks in for (adjusted) incomes under $45K. It'll save you from poverty, but won't help you live a middle-class life on a typical PI salary
LRAP from school's is always good to keep in mind, but IBR/PSLF really isn't bad by itself. 10% of your income over 10 years. Thank goodness for the 2007 Congress...

Sounds like you've got some connections which should help as well. Best of luck.

benburns214

Bronze

Post by benburns214 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Jennymy12 wrote:Alright, I just got a text from a friend who is involved in admissions. This last hour has not helped with my stress level, so I am going to delete my posts, and pretend that I never sought any sort of advice and wisdom from TLS. But for the few of you that legitimately spoke from a place of concern and genuine interest for my career path - thank you. I feel confident that I am what L & C is looking for, weak LSAT and all. :D
+infinity.... good luck

6lehderjets

Bronze

Post by 6lehderjets » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 pm

Seems like COL in Portland is comparable to Seattle. Agree/Disagree?

Hjones33

Bronze

Post by Hjones33 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:19 pm

COL in Portland is cheaper than Seattle.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”