Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mkat27
Posts: 93
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby mkat27 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:37 pm

For those DR today, did any of you apply PT?
Thanks.

LockBox
Posts: 269
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:05 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby LockBox » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:42 pm

mkat27 wrote:For those DR today, did any of you apply PT?
Thanks.


complete 12/01, DR 2/24 FT. Good luck everyone

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:48 pm

mkat27 wrote:For those DR today, did any of you apply PT?
Thanks.


FT

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby ensign85 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Still complete. Submitted Dec, though FT.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby splitbrain » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:51 pm

FT completed in mid-November...still at complete... :|

User avatar
caputlupinum
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby caputlupinum » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:06 pm

How many people who got DR today (24th) had applied ED but where deferred to RD?

Madbao
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Madbao » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:17 am

Pt App completed since 12/5 and still no word

User avatar
DC_Patent_Law
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:42 pm

Madbao wrote:Pt App completed since 12/5 and still no word


App complete 12/22 and no word either.
Does anyone know if late decisions from Loyola usually mean a no or a waitlist? I applied part-time with decent stats (3.72/158.) According to the numbers on the Loyola profile they have a 4% acceptance rate for the part-time program :shock:

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Danteshek » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:51 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:
Madbao wrote:Pt App completed since 12/5 and still no word


App complete 12/22 and no word either.
Does anyone know if late decisions from Loyola usually mean a no or a waitlist? I applied part-time with decent stats (3.72/158.) According to the numbers on the Loyola profile they have a 4% acceptance rate for the part-time program :shock:


I think you have better than a fifty percent chance of getting in if you have a legitimate reason for wanting to attend part-time. Solid (read: employed) part-time students are becoming harder to find.

tolson1
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby tolson1 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:48 am

Rejected.. Yay!

JDProspect
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby JDProspect » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:21 am

Accepted with a $69K scholarship

User avatar
caputlupinum
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby caputlupinum » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:56 am

tolson1 wrote:Rejected.. Yay!

Can you PM numbers?

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Pleasye » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:57 am

caputlupinum wrote:
tolson1 wrote:Rejected.. Yay!

Can you PM numbers?

Please :)

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 pm

tolson1 wrote:Rejected.. Yay!


+1

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Pleasye » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:09 pm

Fuuuuuck. Now I'm scared :(

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:15 pm

Yea, I'm not too happy about this one. Hopefully I can get SD. Just got their DR notification on friday, same time I got loyola's decision. Really not trying to leave socal anytime soon.

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby ensign85 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Pleasye wrote:Fuuuuuck. Now I'm scared :(


Ah... Still Complete. Early Dec applicant. Best of luck!

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Pleasye » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Thanks ensign. And pizzashrapnel <3 GL with SD!

kakaa001
Posts: 64
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby kakaa001 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Anyone know when/if they have made decisions for the Public Interest Scholars program?

User avatar
PizzaShrapnel
Posts: 157
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby PizzaShrapnel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Pleasye wrote:Thanks ensign. And pizzashrapnel <3 GL with SD!


Thanks appreciate it!

buddyluv545
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby buddyluv545 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:11 pm

kakaa001 wrote:Anyone know when/if they have made decisions for the Public Interest Scholars program?


I applied for the program, and found out I didn't get it about two weeks later. If you are not a loser (like me), I don't know when you would hear back though.

In your admit packet you will see an e-mail to send your statement if you want to apply for the program.

User avatar
DC_Patent_Law
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:45 pm

I emailed Loyola today requesting status information. Got the standard "check it youself online dude" response. They did say my app was in review and I should hear bach in 2-3 weeks. But that's when most of the deposits for other schools are due! Its going to be a photo finish.

sungyeonh
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby sungyeonh » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:49 pm

DR today. Complete on 1/12. No movement in between.

User avatar
ensign85
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:00 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby ensign85 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:49 pm

DC_Patent_Law wrote:I emailed Loyola today requesting status information. Got the standard "check it youself online dude" response. They did say my app was in review and I should hear bach in 2-3 weeks. But that's when most of the deposits for other schools are due! Its going to be a photo finish.


Thanks for the update! When did you apply?

User avatar
DC_Patent_Law
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby DC_Patent_Law » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:04 pm

I applied 12/12. I just checked and the site said "Decision Rendered!!" I'm shitting bricks, wish me luck! There might be a *possible* correlation between asking for your status and getting a decision. Some other dude on this thread asked for an update and got a decision in the mail.
To the peeps who are in: Did the acceptance come in a big envelope, or a little one?

ensign85 wrote:
DC_Patent_Law wrote:I emailed Loyola today requesting status information. Got the standard "check it youself online dude" response. They did say my app was in review and I should hear bach in 2-3 weeks. But that's when most of the deposits for other schools are due! Its going to be a photo finish.


Thanks for the update! When did you apply?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: canafsa, cocozhang9950, Google [Bot], mse2020, smashbash and 7 guests