Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Pleasye » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:31 pm

Image

Application Checklist:

Application fee: $65
CAS Report: LSAT, transcripts and LORs
LORs: Only 1 is required but they will accept up to 3 (if you submit an evaluation you may only submit 2 LORs maximum).
Resume: Candidates are "strongly encouraged" to submit a resume.

Admissions Timeline: --LinkRemoved--

October 1st: LSAC app is (supposed to be) up
October 3rd: Admissions begins to accept and process apps from LSAC
December 1st: ED deadline
Early December: They will start mailing decision letters
December 31st: ED applicants will receive their decision by this date
February 1st: Application deadline for day division.
Applicants who would like to receive optimal scholarship consideration, should submit their application materials by January 15.

I know there probably won't be too many of us on TLS but here we go! I plan on submitting my app in the next few weeks :D

benavidez22
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby benavidez22 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Is it just me or is the only application available on LSAC for Loyola for Fall 2011?

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Pleasye » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:57 pm

benavidez22 wrote:Is it just me or is the only application available on LSAC for Loyola for Fall 2011?

Not just you. I think they haven't put their application up yet. Their website says that it will be up on October 1st and that they will start processing them October 3rd so it should be up. Loyola is known for being sloooow in admissions so maybe they're slow in putting up their apps too.

benavidez22
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby benavidez22 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks! I wrote Loyola asking this same question and they responded that it had been made available on 10/01. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow.

thebilt05
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby thebilt05 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:14 pm

I will be applying..... as soon as my October LSAT come back

User avatar
JDndMSW
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby JDndMSW » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:56 pm

thebilt05 wrote:I will be applying..... as soon as my October LSAT come back


+1 yay for them being the only CA school to give me a fee waiver!

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Pleasye » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:17 am

JDndMSW wrote:+1 yay for them being the only CA school to give me a fee waiver!

Did you ask for it or did they just send it to you?

User avatar
JDndMSW
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby JDndMSW » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:39 am

Pleasye wrote:
JDndMSW wrote:+1 yay for them being the only CA school to give me a fee waiver!

Did you ask for it or did they just send it to you?


AmeriCorps solicited waiver

User avatar
caputlupinum
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby caputlupinum » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:04 pm

titties
Last edited by caputlupinum on Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby theduffman » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:10 pm

lol ironically enough, I know you tried to specify which Loyola by saying "LA", but I actually thought this meant Loyola Louisiana (as in New Orleans) at first glance. Presuming Los Angeles probably makes a little more sense though...

User avatar
JDndMSW
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:32 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby JDndMSW » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

theduffman wrote:lol ironically enough, I know you tried to specify which Loyola by saying "LA", but I actually thought this meant Loyola Louisiana (as in New Orleans) at first glance. Presuming Los Angeles probably makes a little more sense though...


Made me lol thinking about the other one that is NOT Loyola LA is NOLA hehe

buddyluv545
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby buddyluv545 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:10 pm

Anybody apply yet? I applied about a week ago but they still haven't requested my Law School Report, should I be concerned?
It is the only school that hasn't requested it!

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7970
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Pleasye » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:16 pm

buddyluv545 wrote:Anybody apply yet? I applied about a week ago but they still haven't requested my Law School Report, should I be concerned?
It is the only school that hasn't requested it!

I haven't applied yet :oops:. Loyola is notoriously slooooow in admissions so I wouldn't be too worried yet.

User avatar
Larry David
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Larry David » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:53 pm

Have they requested the CAS thingy from LSAC? I submitted early oct and still the only school that has not requested.

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Ginj » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:47 pm

OHAI. I belong in here now.

buddyluv545
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby buddyluv545 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Larry David wrote:Have they requested the CAS thingy from LSAC? I submitted early oct and still the only school that has not requested.


They requested mine last week, I applied 10/26.

User avatar
Larry David
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Larry David » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:39 pm

buddyluv545 wrote:
Larry David wrote:Have they requested the CAS thingy from LSAC? I submitted early oct and still the only school that has not requested.


They requested mine last week, I applied 10/26.


Yay yea they just requested mine!!

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby naw » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:23 am

Czechin' in.

Beachbum89
Posts: 192
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Beachbum89 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Does Loyola have a status checker or anything? I applied almost three weeks ago and haven't gotten an email or anything from them.

User avatar
Larry David
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Larry David » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:47 pm

Beachbum89 wrote:Does Loyola have a status checker or anything? I applied almost three weeks ago and haven't gotten an email or anything from them.

I applied early October and have yet to hear from them either.

tjos
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby tjos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:28 pm

Anyone attended a forum/spoken with an admissions person yet? Thinking of going to the forum in Houston this weekend, wondering if anyone had any advice/recommendations. University of Oklahoma grad-to-be (May '12), LMU is my first choice.

I've heard resumes aren't typically recommended at these things.

buddyluv545
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:10 am

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby buddyluv545 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:34 pm

tjos wrote:Anyone attended a forum/spoken with an admissions person yet? Thinking of going to the forum in Houston this weekend, wondering if anyone had any advice/recommendations. University of Oklahoma grad-to-be (May '12), LMU is my first choice.

I've heard resumes aren't typically recommended at these things.



I attended a law school fair at a University and talked with a rep there. I was able to get a fee waiver from them but that was about the only useful thing to happen. Besides, that I asked the rep. a few questions.

tjos
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby tjos » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:43 pm

buddyluv545 wrote:I attended a law school fair at a University and talked with a rep there. I was able to get a fee waiver from them but that was about the only useful thing to happen. Besides, that I asked the rep. a few questions.


Thanks, I've heard these things are good for fee waivers. Might not sound like a big deal, but they add up if you're applying to 5+ schools.

User avatar
Shammis
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Shammis » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Good luck guys! im a 1L...in Crim right now...PM me if you have ?'s and I'll try to respond, Finals are approaching so I cant promise fast replies. In any event, relax, you guys have a loooooong cycle coming so dont freak out now.

Buffer1212
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Loyola LA 2012 applicants!

Postby Buffer1212 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Finally got my status checker today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, curry1, genjustice, Google Adsense [Bot], Kaziende, lawnerd87, LawSchoolTitan, Long shot hero, potterotter, Smc1994, stratton_oakmont, Thomas Hagan, ESQ., tinafeyclone and 43 guests