Harvard Written Work Section

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
freddie

Harvard Written Work Section

Postby freddie » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:27 pm

The 300 character limit does not allow for much information. (I was only able to fit a brief description of one written work.)

Is it appropriate to simply refer to my attached resume for additional written work, or is it preferable to create a separate attachment that lists (and briefly describes, which my resume does not) the additional works? (Although I am not sure where such an attachment would go, as there is no additional attachments option...)

Gracias.

ph14

Re: Harvard Written Work Section

Postby ph14 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:33 pm

freddie wrote:The 300 character limit does not allow for much information. (I was only able to fit a brief description of one written work.)

Is it appropriate to simply refer to my attached resume for additional written work, or is it preferable to create a separate attachment that lists (and briefly describes, which my resume does not) the additional works? (Although I am not sure where such an attachment would go, as there is no additional attachments option...)

Gracias.

Fit in as many as you can and put the rest in your resume in my opinion. I wouldn't put a separate written works attachment unless you have been a serious academic or writer for a while.

sven

Postby sven » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:37 pm

-
Last edited by sven on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:40 pm

sven wrote:If I didn't write a thesis, do I have to put anything into the "Written Work" section? The most I've ever written were a couple of 25-page seminar papers.

No, it's fine to leave it blank.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”