butchcassidy wrote:Got my admit packet today. No scholarship offer mentioned, it just says: "A student may be offered a merit scholarship at the time of admission or at any time later in the admissions season."
For people that have already received there packet, what's the next step in trying to secure scholly money? Call the financial aid office?
I'm still waiting for my packet... which seems odd to me, since I'm in MA. I suppose it makes sense because of the holiday, but I'd like to get it before I leave for vacation!
In regards to your question, I personally would wait to see what they offer you for scholarship and negotiate from that point. (One of the first rules of negotiating is to make the other side give the first offer. The most basic of reasons for this is to avoid over/under shooting your position.) If they haven't offered anything in another month or so (maybe mid-Feb.), call to see if/when they will and negotiate from there.