Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:22 pm

eemi wrote:I also applied ED and am waiting to hear back. Glad to hear that there are others in the same boat, I've been keeping my fingers crossed all week, I'm at 12/5 also.

And it's only 3:00, there's still time... right?

Yeah, we'll call it a day around 6pm.

User avatar
butchcassidy
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:33 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby butchcassidy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:34 pm

Almost 4 (EST), common BU!

cstan
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby cstan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:44 pm

i think BU is trying to kill us with anxiety

eemi
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby eemi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:10 pm

cstan wrote:i think BU is trying to kill us with anxiety


I am pretty sure that every time my phone goes off, it takes 2 days off the end of my life.

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:14 pm

eemi wrote:
cstan wrote:i think BU is trying to kill us with anxiety


I am pretty sure that every time my phone goes off, it takes 2 days off the end of my life.

I brought my phone into the bathroom with me while I showered yesterday just in case. Ended up ringing and in an attempt to look at who was calling I almost fell and ended my life. :oops:

cstan
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby cstan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:18 pm

at this point i'm thinking they might just tell ED on the 20th. Finals week will be funnnn

zurcaled11
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby zurcaled11 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:24 pm

cstan wrote:at this point i'm thinking they might just tell ED on the 20th. Finals week will be funnnn


4:00 sure came and went without a peep. Just hurry and WL me!

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:30 pm

cstan wrote:at this point i'm thinking they might just tell ED on the 20th. Finals week will be funnnn

Well, after rereading the application email it states:
Applicants who complete all of these requirements by December 1, 2011 will receive notification of a decision by December 20, 2011. Early Decision applicants who are not offered admission will either be denied or a decision will be deferred until later in the application cycle.


Considering it says "by December 20," it's still safe to assume we'll get decisions before that.

Also, the second part seems to answer a question I had a few pages ago. Looks like we're in for flat out rejections or even more waiting. :|

cstan
Posts: 104
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby cstan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:02 pm

well i guess they broke their pattern today!

eemi
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby eemi » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:33 pm

cstan wrote:well i guess they broke their pattern today!


Guess so. Oh well, there's always next week!

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:36 pm

eemi wrote:
cstan wrote:well i guess they broke their pattern today!


Guess so. Oh well, there's always next week!

This is what we say every week only to be let down.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:19 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
crabcakes wrote:has anyone actually received their admit packet in the mail yet? aaaaand does it contain scholarship info?


not yet, but I'm all the way in Texas. I'll post here when I do!


Got it today! No scholarship info, but here's a pretty picture:

Image

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby crabcakes » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:20 pm

brookedonphonics wrote:I got my package today! I received info on financial aid. $25,000/year. 3.79/167. :)!!!


interesting that this person received scholarship info, but it seems like no one else has?

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 pm

crabcakes wrote:
brookedonphonics wrote:I got my package today! I received info on financial aid. $25,000/year. 3.79/167. :)!!!


interesting that this person received scholarship info, but it seems like no one else has?


It does seem odd. The package I got seemed to indicate that info would come later.

User avatar
BigBlueLaw
Posts: 725
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby BigBlueLaw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:50 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Image

Want!

zurcaled11
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby zurcaled11 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:55 pm

BigBlueLaw wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Image

Want!


Guys, it's 'shopped. :|

Everyone knows that ED comes before RD. That's why its EARLY Decision. :)


Seriously though, congrats! :lol:

Schang1
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Schang1 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Accepted ;-) 3.4, 169! Goodluck to everyone else!

User avatar
thelong
Posts: 992
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby thelong » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Schang1 wrote:Accepted ;-) 3.4, 169! Goodluck to everyone else!


Did you just now get a call/email?

Congratulations!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Cupidity » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Merit scholarships come in the initial admissions packet, so unfortunately, if you didn't get a letter, you didn't get money. However, BU was very flexible when it came to negotiation for my friends and I and a number of us leveraged 15-60k out of them, even though we didn't receive scholarship offers early on. Just be prepared to play the game.

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby mijenks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Cupidity wrote:Merit scholarships come in the initial admissions packet, so unfortunately, if you didn't get a letter, you didn't get money.

Not according to this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=134353&start=175#p3660572

I'm going to wait a week or so then call the Financial Aid Office.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Cupidity » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:04 pm

mijenks wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Merit scholarships come in the initial admissions packet, so unfortunately, if you didn't get a letter, you didn't get money.

Not according to this post: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 5#p3660572

I'm going to wait a week or so then call the Financial Aid Office.


I would actually like to hear some clarification from the author of the post. They may have changed it this year, but in the past offers always came with packets. I think it is worth making sure that he was referring to the actual packet and not a phone call or email.

-edit- I see that was a post from last year, so maybe they are just inconsistent?

Schang1
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby Schang1 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:52 am

thelong wrote:
Schang1 wrote:Accepted ;-) 3.4, 169! Goodluck to everyone else!


Did you just now get a call/email?

Congratulations!


Thank you! I got an email saying that it is their practice to call admitted students but because i am currently overseas, they were unable to reach me.

sinpo
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby sinpo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:06 am

IN via email 12/9
168 / 3.6 (retook in December but asked them to review with my current score)
Very Strong LORs (professors were eager to write one for me and told me what/how they would write)
International student, but went to UG in the states.

I'm a long time lurker (registered recently) but thought to post my stats in hopes that it'd be of any help to others.

Good luck everyone!!

User avatar
JoeMo
Posts: 1518
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby JoeMo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:10 am

Cupidity wrote:I would actually like to hear some clarification from the author of the post. They may have changed it this year, but in the past offers always came with packets. I think it is worth making sure that he was referring to the actual packet and not a phone call or email.

-edit- I see that was a post from last year, so maybe they are just inconsistent?


I spoke with someone at BU early in the cycle that told me that this year merit aid was a mystery to everyone because they had to wait and see how the early decision program would play out and then see how much $ was left. Since they had no clear numbers on how many people they would let in ED.

mijenks
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

Re: Boston University c/o 2015 Applicants

Postby mijenks » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:26 am

JoeMo wrote:
Cupidity wrote:I would actually like to hear some clarification from the author of the post. They may have changed it this year, but in the past offers always came with packets. I think it is worth making sure that he was referring to the actual packet and not a phone call or email.

-edit- I see that was a post from last year, so maybe they are just inconsistent?


I spoke with someone at BU early in the cycle that told me that this year merit aid was a mystery to everyone because they had to wait and see how the early decision program would play out and then see how much $ was left. Since they had no clear numbers on how many people they would let in ED.


This is very, very helpful. Thanks.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, bigv, greengrass, jhatche2, Leahmealone, NotAGolfer, packerboy31489, thg1870 and 17 guests